Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #136
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
Sweet, our group of three will probably be there in four day's time! Assuming a smooth Honduras crossing, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicaRider
1. State 15 minutes northwest of Managua, Nicaragua
2. City Los Cedros
3. Hotel Name La Quinta Beth-El
4. Address/directions/coordinates KM. 28.5 Carreterra Vieja Leon
5. Rating excellent
6. Comments on Location Just two hours south of Somotillo border
great first or last stop in Nicaragua depending on which way you are heading
7. Rate $12 for bed, $5 per homemade all you can eat meal
8. Secure Parking? yes
9. Hot water yes
10. AC no
11. Fans yes
12. Service/Language Spoken motorcycle enthusiast/ English, Spanish
13. Overall impression very clean, friendly, excellent food, safe, laundry available, internet, phone to the states.....

This is Michael and Lisa's place and they run it with their family. They have been in the country for 4 years and are very helpful. Michael has riden down KLR 650's with his pals and now rides all over Nicaragua. Great wealth of information and good support base. Stop and see them. It's a great place to land coming South into Nicaragua from the Somotillo border cross out of Honduras. Get caught up on laundry, internet a cold beer and some good food.

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #137
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matnic13
...just read at reply you gave on another thread...You are recommending a super expensive hotel in a not to nice area for an ADVrider?...
THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE REPLIED IN THAT THREAD, NOT HERE. Your own website advertises your hotel as being in the "Beverly Hills of Costa Rica", hence my quip on the Ducati/Ferarri. The issue is you are recommending your own hotel, for which you receive financial gain. Here we call that "spamming". We rely more on personal testimony from actual riders who have stayed in these hotels, not the testimony of the people who own those hotels. It's what we call here a 'conflict of interests' in making recommendations. If ADVriders have stayed at your hotel, then they can post their recommendations here at ADVrider, that way we can view independent and unbiased recommendations. You might want to discuss with the mods about getting yourself listed in the vendor section and the etiquette for doing so.

Listing your hotel is fine, but making competing statements about it versus another hotel is not appropriate when you are the owner of one of the hotels.

In the case of Grano de Oro, I have stayed there, and I have no financial interests in the hotel. It is also close to a good motorcycle rental place that has been recommended by others. For someone arriving to Costa Rica in the evening, Grano de Oro is a good recommendation as it is very close to the that shop so that the rental can be picked up the next morning. Here is a personal testimony from another ADVrider (AUSFletch) who is respected in the riding community here in Texas. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...65&postcount=7

Your hotel looks nice, and $50/night is good price for a stay in Escazu. However, your posts thus far at ADVrider, for the most part, only discuss your hotel. Your mini ride report was never finished as you indicated it would be, and it's been a couple of weeks.

I'll end this discussion here and turn it over to the mods.

Saludos,

Mike

Pedro Navaja screwed with this post 10-15-2009 at 07:34 AM
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #138
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matnic13
...Off all the info on my website you saw something that is not even in it "the beverly hills"...
This is too funny. The video clip on your website has the attractive lady (I assume she is your American wife) describing Escazu as "the Beverly Hills of Costa Rica". Now if you want you can go edit out your video clip so it doesn't appear anymore, or leave it there so everyone else can see it that visits your website. LMAO!

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #139
Matnic13
n00b

Oddometer: 7
fighting is not good for a forum where people want info.....took all info posts of mine off that's it.
later see you soon!
Matnic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #140
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,537
Thanks for the updates

I thought I would have been notified when new entries were made in this thread but must have had my notification turned off. Anyway, I wasn't aware of the recent activity.

Just want to thank all of you for the new info. I'll get the 1st page updated real soon. I'm at work right now and am not supposed to be on the net so can't do it right now.

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #141
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala

State: Quetzaltenango
City: Quetzaltenango (Xela)
Name of Hotel: Casa San Bartolomé
Address/directions/coordinates: 2a Avenida 7-17, Zona 1, Barrio San Bartolomé
Coordinates: N14 49.860 W91 30.755
Rating: 5 stars out of 5.
Comments on Location: Good location, just a couple blocks off of main road into town, easy access to tourist sites.
Rate: About $8/night. $10/night for an apartment (worth it for a long stay)
Secure Parking? Yes, including enough space to work on your bike. I had plenty of room and the blessing of the dueño to repair mine after the accident.
Hot water? Yes. It never goes cold. The best shower I've had since I left the states
AC? and at this elevation, not necessary.
Fans: No.
Service/Language Spoken: Spanish, some English.
Overall impression: I like it a lot. Clean rooms. No phones but high-speed internet in rooms. Crashmaster and I have had this place mostly to ourselves for the last 3 weeks. We're here for the Spanish Immersion school so we rented the apartments that has full bath, full kitchen, stove, fridge, dishes, pots and pans, etc. Just like a furnished apartment that you're used to back home. La dueña es Annabella y el dueño es Jorge.
Date of Visit: December 2009 - January 2010
Website of Hotel: http://www.casasanbartolome.com
URL for your trip report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501315
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #142
oldgringo
Jacked it all

Oddometer: 143
Hostel Haro, Cuenca, Ecuador. A great friendly hostel, good wifi, very reasonable, secure motorcycle parking across the street
Huayna Capac 3-76 y Sangurima Sector "Chola Cuencana" Telephone 283-6702
GPS: S 02 53. 705 W 078 59. 783

oldgringo screwed with this post 04-07-2010 at 06:39 AM
oldgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #143
ficoszac
y...ahora???

Oddometer: 156
hotel in Zacatecas Zacatecas Mexico for bikers!!!!!

hi to everyone who whants to visit my city Zacatecas Zacatecas Mexico
we have a family hostel
private rooms
hot wather
tv
wi fi
parking indoor
motocycle shoop
in downtown
Hostel Plaza del Carmen
Avenida Juarez #222
Zacatecas, Zacatecas
Mexico cp 98000
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

so please come to visit us in Zacatecas nice place to stay!!!
Federico ruiz
ficoszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #144
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,798
The La Siesta Motel
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
~550 pesos (ended up being $43 USD) for a double room

Clean and secure and the restaurant was pretty good too.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #145
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Updated finally

I finally got this thread updated. Thanks to everyone who has sent information and those of you who haven't given up on me.

I wish I had a good excuse but it was just a matter of sitting down for a couple of hours and doing it.

There are several "vendors" who have submitted information and I'm trying to decide how to incorporate their information. I don't have any problem giving them some recognition but I want to keep it separate from ADVers who have actually stayed in the places I've got listed.

I've also read several good blogs of motorcycle trips in Latin America that aren't posted on ADV that have lots of good hotel info. Maybe I can peruse those and start adding that info.

I also have an entry for South America (Cuenca) and I don't see any reason why I should not start including SA in this thread. If I don't hear any negative feedback from including SA I'll have the name of the thread changed to "Hotels in Latin America" and we'll start adding that info to the database.

BTW, does anyone know VB better than I do? I was wondering if I could set up some sort of database in Open Office (or that Microsoft clone) and then convert it into a table like I've created for this thread. Even a spreadsheet that could be converted would be nice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #146
Andres A
FINDING NEMO

Oddometer: 242
www.hotelbocadeovejas.com, Veracruz, Mexico
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #147
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,963
Sorry, no picture to post, but the Oasis Hotel in Loreto, Baja California is quite nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and the hot water is plentiful. Looking out the front window of your room is a hammock and a private sand beach. In fact, the Oasis is the only hotel on the malecon with it's own beach.

Tourist season is over and the rooms are going for about $50. In addition there is an excellent bar and restaurant on site. In all, a pretty nice place to waste a couple of days!

Cheers,
Steve in So Cal
Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #148
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres A View Post
www.hotelbocadeovejas.com, Veracruz, Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePoser View Post
Sorry, no picture to post, but the Oasis Hotel in Loreto, Baja California is quite nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and the hot water is plentiful. Looking out the front window of your room is a hammock and a private sand beach. In fact, the Oasis is the only hotel on the malecon with it's own beach.

Tourist season is over and the rooms are going for about $50. In addition there is an excellent bar and restaurant on site. In all, a pretty nice place to waste a couple of days!

Cheers,
Steve in So Cal
Thanks, guys. I'll get the list updated soon.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #149
holiday
DL650K7

Oddometer: 88
Thanks For Your Effort

Heading South Soon. Gas @ $3.70 in Tampa and nearing $5. in San Diego. Perhaps the addition of fuel prices (Pemex, not barrel concessionaires) might be helpful. Not my intention to dilute this thread, tho'.
holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #150
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by holiday View Post
Heading South Soon. Gas @ $3.70 in Tampa and nearing $5. in San Diego. Perhaps the addition of fuel prices (Pemex, not barrel concessionaires) might be helpful. Not my intention to dilute this thread, tho'.
That's a good idea. When you get down there why don't you PM me the price you're paying per liter and I'll put it on the page and convert it to $ per gallon.

Have a great trip. If you're going to be back in the country at the end of August check out our Latin American Riders' Rallye thread. Link is in my sig.