thanks
pecos
Pecos Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #122
GotaCohiba
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
TTT for any updates people may have.
Looking for places to stay along the gulf of mexico, plan on crossing at Matamoros and heading down the coastline to Campeche then cutting across and coming back up the west coast.
Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
GotaCohiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #123
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
Any suggestions for (Mexico) Durango, Zacatecas or Leon?

Here in Mazatlan, the cheapest I have found is 400 pesos a night. Granted, that is on the Malecon.

Hotels in Mexico have been more expensive than I expected, even in liily rarely-visited villages. I bargain every time, and am ready to leave for a cheaper place. 400 seems to be the basement to share a room and 360 alone.

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #124
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM
RACING IN COLONIAL MEXICO

Oddometer: 9
Thumb B&B in colonial guanajuato,gto central mexico with repair shop

Fellas,

I am new to the forum and would like to invite and welcome all of you down to your home. I race WRC MEXICO, and Rock Racing in mexico, norway, usa, and venezuela. I always dreamed of a place you could call home when traveling, especially one with air tools and on site mechanic , fully stocked bar, racing videos, old school adventure travel stories around a fogata fire, gardens for your family and kids to play, countryside style villa setting, bbq by the swimming pool, and safe parking. Maybe even an interview from the local media while passing thru...

For those wanting to see the real mexico click here...
http://angelranch.tripod.com/id11.html

Racer Rate and Rider Discounts available, all you have to do is ask My girlfriend from Norway and I along with a pro staff run the whole show...

Saludos
Ponce
http://www.gtorocksracing.com/id15.html
TEL 276-565-RACE

“Don't always walk on the smooth roads, walk ways that no one has travelled before, so as to leave behind traces and not only dust…”

UROC® SUPERCRAWL #562
MXRRA®#34
NORDIC TRIAL®#507
FIA WRC® MEXICO #79 CLASE A6 * ROOKIE TEAM OF THE RALLY 2008
EUROTRIAL® #407
KING OF THE HAMMERS® LCQ TEAM #33
VENEZUELA EXTREME FUN RACE RALLY TEAM #318
B&B GUANAJUATO...HOME TO WORLD TRAVELER BIKERS

GTOROCKS RACING TEAM screwed with this post 08-25-2009 at 12:52 PM
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #125
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
mierda, guey,, yo asi sali de GTO despues un mes en escuela de idiomas. sorry for my terrible Spanish, it was only one month.

I loved living in Guanajuato. I did some fun todo-terraneo circa de Santa Rosa y El Christo Rey. Estoy barracho a Bar Ocho, frequentemente. I wish I gad known there was another inmate in town.

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien

bouldergeek screwed with this post 08-28-2009 at 08:49 AM
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #126
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM
RACING IN COLONIAL MEXICO

Oddometer: 9
Planet Gtorocks, Guanajuato Mexico / Old Colonial Mexico!

hei hei bouldergeek,

Tranquilo compadre...

No pues que mala onda que no nos conocimos durante tu visita en guanajuato, donde no vale nada la vida

Sorry we did not get to meet while your visit in colonial guanajuato, maybe next time. I can show you some really sweet trails and then you will undersstand why we call it PLANET GTOROCKS. Do a google or yahoo search for extreme rock racing or wrc in guanajuato or simply GTOROCKS.

Next time your in town, email or call us beforehand. WRC Mexico is returning March 5-7, you should try and make it, that way you can see us zoom by those Santa Rosa, Ortega, and Cubilete Trails.

Bar 8, we used to park our rigs right in front of the bar, even crawled the wall there back in the day...

Click here to see this cool video of Travis Pastrana in Guanajuato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pq6xqHAJVo

Saludos
Ponce
UROC® SUPERCRAWL #562
MXRRA®#34
NORDIC TRIAL®#507
FIA WRC® MEXICO #79 CLASE A6 * ROOKIE TEAM OF THE RALLY 2008
EUROTRIAL® #407
KING OF THE HAMMERS® LCQ TEAM #33
VENEZUELA EXTREME FUN RACE RALLY TEAM #318
B&B GUANAJUATO...HOME TO WORLD TRAVELER BIKERS
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #127
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
México: Cuatro Ciénegas

State: Coahuila
City: Cuatro Ciénegas
Name of Hotel: La Quinta Santa Cecilia
Address/directions/coordinates: Juárez No. 300 (one block west of the central plaza)
Rating: I like it and I am picky.
Comments on Location: Good location easy access to tourist sites.
Rate: About $45/night.
Secure Parking? Yes.
Hot water? Yes.
AC? Yes, and swimming pool.
Fans: Yes.
Service/Language Spoken: Spanish, some English.
Overall impression: I liked it. Clean rooms. No phones or internet in rooms. Popular with Mexican tourists.
Date of Visit: October 2008
Website of Hotel: http://www.hotelquintasantacecilia.com/quienesing.htm
URL for your trip report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412593

You can see more details in my trip report. Get a room on the second floor where you can get a view of El Muerto. Clean rooms, secure parking, very responsive staff.

Pedro Navaja screwed with this post 09-17-2009 at 12:09 PM
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #128
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

México: Saltillo

State: Coahuila
City: Saltillo
Name of Hotel: Rancho El Morillo
Address/directions/coordinates: See their website below and print off the map.
Rating: I liked it. Nice grounds with yard and patio for relaxing. Bring your cigars!
Comments on Location: Outside of town. Ride or taxi to various points of interest.
Rate: About $60/night.
Secure Parking? Yes. Private street, and guarded.
Hot water? Yes.
AC? Yes, and swimming pool.
Fans: Yes.
Service/Language Spoken: Spanish, some English.
Overall impression: I liked it. Clean rooms. No phones or internet in rooms. Popular with Mexican tourists.
Date of Visit: February 2009
Website of Hotel: http://www.hotelsaltillo.com/index.php
URL for your trip report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435982

You can read more details in my trip report. The owners are an old family from Saltillo. They also own the restaurant El Tapanco which is popular in Saltillo. This is a good hotel to stay in if you want to tour Saltillo and have a good place to relax. Good breakfast, and dinner only by appointment. No lunch. I stayed there two nights.

Pedro Navaja screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 06:41 PM
Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #129
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Just a random note, I'm sure it's been put out here before..

I was originally very preoccupied with knowing about hotels before embarking on my South America to Minnesota trip, but the truth is, I never once had to "know" where a good hotel was, I just rolled into town, sometimes checked the guide book (I used Lonely Planet), and stopped somewhere. I never once had trouble finding a hotel. They're everywhere. Many don't have secure parking lots, but even those that don't will allow you to pull right into the front door and park in the lobby. Also never paid more than 30 south of the border (and no more than 20 south of Mexico) except for once in Costa Rica (but the place was amazing for 40).

That said, it is nice to know a nice place, just don't be overly worried about it if you're planning your first trip, you can find a hotel anywhere.
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #130
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

DiabloBlanco,

That has been pointed out all over ADVrider. Anyone posting data on this thread has also done the "just roll into town and find a place" thing also. We are just building a database to leverage off of each others knowledge.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #131
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Like I said, I'm quite sure it's been said all over adv (I haven't been all over the site to make sure), and I'm not trying to insult anyone or especially the purpose for this thread, I think it is a valuable tool, I only aimed to alleviate any worries that a "first-timer" might have as I know I was a little worried when I first started off. That said once I finish easing back into "real world" I'll have a few hotels of my own to throw on this.
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #132
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Agreed. And I for one would like to see some more hotels listed. I think one of the benefits of databases like this is specifically for the first-timer. It just might make them more amenable to take that first plunge. Of course, once they do their first crossing, and their first lodging, they realize it's not such a big deal after all. It's interesting to see some of the angst build on ADVrider when a noob does his first crossing, and then see how the angst releases afterward and when they make their subsequent trips.

A secondary reason for databases like this is just for the convenience sake of it for us regulars. As in, "hey I'm going to that town, I think I'll try that hotel that DiabloBlanco stayed at since he gave it a good review"

Old 09-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #133
oldgringo
Jacked it all

Oddometer: 143
Xela

Hotel Villa Esmeralda, on the main road into Xela. Very clean, wifi, armed security and locked gate, inexpensive. Fernando, the owner rides a BMW and has toured the USA and Canada.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #134
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

I'm not sure what a ADVrider would be doing in the likes of Escazu. Maybe the Ducati would look good parked next to the Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matnic13
Boutique Hotel Out Of Bounds in Escazu Costa Rica, Welcomes all ADV riders with great discounts and comfortable hospitality.

www.bedandbreakfastcr.com

Pura Vida!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #135
NicaRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thumb

1. State 15 minutes northwest of Managua, Nicaragua
2. City Los Cedros
3. Hotel Name La Quinta Beth-El
4. Address/directions/coordinates KM. 28.5 Carreterra Vieja Leon
5. Rating excellent
6. Comments on Location Just two hours south of Somotillo border
great first or last stop in Nicaragua depending on which way you are heading
7. Rate $12 for bed, $5 per homemade all you can eat meal
8. Secure Parking? yes
9. Hot water yes
10. AC no
11. Fans yes
12. Service/Language Spoken motorcycle enthusiast/ English, Spanish
13. Overall impression very clean, friendly, excellent food, safe, laundry available, internet, phone to the states.....
14. website themustardseedmission.org
This is Michael and Lisa's place and they run it with their family. They have been in the country for 4 years and are very helpful. Michael has riden down KLR 650's with his pals and now rides all over Nicaragua. Great wealth of information and good support base. Stop and see them. It's a great place to land coming South into Nicaragua from the Somotillo border cross out of Honduras. Get caught up on laundry, internet a cold beer and some good food.

NicaRider screwed with this post 01-28-2010 at 06:01 AM Reason: new webpage
NicaRider is offline   Reply With Quote