User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
OldDog OP
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,454
Any ADVers in Mudgee?

Morning all, well it looks like i'm moving to Mudgee in the next month or so. Do we have any inmates down there? I know Leggo lives just up the road at Gulgong so I'll be wandering up there to show him how to drinkon occasion.
I'm looking forward to getting up into those hills on a bike and checking the place out.
OldDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
KTM_Paul
Sans KTM

Oddometer: 1,390
Moving to the big city!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
OldDog OP
Smelly Adventurer type

Yeah mate i'm off to the big smoke! I hearv they have wine and a good mini brewery scene at Mudgee so i should be okay
Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Hunsta
Have guns will hunt

Oddometer: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Yeah mate i'm off to the big smoke! I hearv they have wine and a good mini brewery scene at Mudgee so i should be okay
Beautiful country around Mudgee. Only drove through there on my way west just after Easter. You`ll need to take out a small loan, every time you want to fill up though. Damn greedy buggers there.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
dirt_bloke
No idea

Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Morning all, well it looks like i'm moving to Mudgee in the next month or so. Do we have any inmates down there? I know Leggo lives just up the road at Gulgong so I'll be wandering up there to show him how to drinkon occasion.
I'm looking forward to getting up into those hills on a bike and checking the place out.
Got a job with Xstrata's coal mine there?

BTW drop into Sofala (?) when you're out and about. I stopped there on the way to Phillip Island one year, great pub. The town was used for the back drop to Peter Wiers' "The Cars that Ate Paris" movie, Aussie cult classic.

Can you hear the banjos playing OldDog??? Muhaaaaaaaar arrarrrr (evil laugh)
(yet)

dirt_bloke screwed with this post 05-07-2011 at 12:45 AM
dirt_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
OldDog OP
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_bloke View Post
Can you hear the banjos playing OldDog??? Muhaaaaaaaar arrarrrr (evil laugh)

This from a man who lives in the wide bay? I was fortunate enough to escape that place as a young fella heh heh

But yeah looks like i got a job with the mines
Old 05-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
KTBen
Barrrp!

Oddometer: 475
-3 this morning near Windamere.... Good luck!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #8
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
-3 on the deck this morning at Gulgong too! and about 0 now! Drop us a line when you are coming over OD and we'll catch up! Definitely only small weekend rides for me for a while though (new job too!)

Cheers

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
OldDog OP
Smelly Adventurer type

Well we're getting 0 here but at least it warms up after a while. I think my daily riding will have to stop over winter from now on :( Good to here you got that jnew job KLE, i'll let you know when i get down there and we'll catch up for a beer or three!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
Crofty
Life's a Garden, DIG IT!

Oddometer: 600
Bloody oathe it was cold in Cobar this morning, and this coming from a Tasmanian

Edit: What's winter going to be like?????? Our jackets better show up soon....
1995 WR 250Z

Crofty screwed with this post 05-08-2011 at 01:26 AM
Crofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Stop Press OD!!!

Bad news on the bike front (I think?). The mighty KLE @ 82,000km did a funny thing on Friday night on the way home. Coughed and spluttered as if the main tank was low, so switched to reserve. Bike did not come good, lost power, and I was flat out holding 80km/h on the flat. Pulled over, everything seemed ok and I ASSUMED that it may be some fuel blockage or contamination of sorts. Got fresh fuel in Gulgong and headed the 7km home - no difference...

No chance for a look yesterday, so started her up this morning. V. smoky exhaust, wont rev, looking ominously like oil . Pulled the plugs and No. 2 cylinder looks dodgy. Pulled the valve cover and valve gear looks OK. Trying to get hold of a compression tester to see If I can get a handle on what the drama may be.

Suffices to say that my riding may be significantly curtailed in the coming weeks/months (it's winter anyway) if it is a major problem. Although Leggos (ex OFBM) 640 is still for sale I think...

Fuggen...

Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #12
OldDog OP
Smelly Adventurer type

Yup just talking to him last night (he's enjoying the banjo playing in my old home town of Hervey Bay at the moment) and the 640 is still for sale. Once i get down there and get a house with a shed i'll be setting up OD's workshop again so you could always bring the KLE round and we can have a look inside it
Old 05-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #14
Mouse
I'm only smelly

Oddometer: 9,225
New job Ian???

Doesn't snow much in Mudgee though (if that can be considered good news..)

Last decent snow I can remember was probably about '73 which'd also be about the last wet year too.

Some good day riding round the area - go find middle earth for example then the various ways out.

“It is better to stir up a question without deciding it than to decide it without stirring it up”
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Some good day riding round the area - go find middle earth for example then the various ways out.
I recall thrashing around a very dry Burrengong in the early 80's on an AG100. Lots of fun but it wouldn't climb hills.
And an F100 through the earthworks at Windemere Dam site. I loved spending time out in the back roads around the place. Didn't do enough of it, but do any of us?

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote