Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #3676
gagator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Barbie Trail 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
Love it -

The pink one must be for your best riding bud!

Yes That is a Trail 50 I built for my daughter in pink and white Barbie graphix. She out grew it years ago but we kept it. Some times I think I would like to see a little girl enjoy it. Good eye.
gagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #3677
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,366
This has probably been asked a hundred times in various threads but can anyone recommend a garage floor epoxy that doesn't suck? I just bought a new house with an awesome 3 car garage, but the Rustoleum epoxy they used has disintegrated into a terrible mess. I need to cover it asap.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #3678
gagator
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
This has probably been asked a hundred times in various threads but can anyone recommend a garage floor epoxy that doesn't suck? I just bought a new house with an awesome 3 car garage, but the Rustoleum epoxy they used has disintegrated into a terrible mess. I need to cover it asap.
I used a epoxy from U.S. Industrial Coatings in a comercial building and it was very good. I see you are a Buffett fan
Old 10-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #3679
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
I used this in my old house. It was awesome. I moved 7 years after applying it and it looked like new.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...2C+1+gallon.do
Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #3680
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,281
Quote:
I work for a painting contractor. We prefer to use this, as opposed to paint/epoxy products. This stuff is much thinner and doesn't form a layer, like paint/epoxy. What it does is seals into the pores of the concrete and forms a barrier. The colors look just like paint, from a distance. However, when you get up on it, it looks almost like colored concrete. You're not going to walk up to it with a scraper and scrape it off like a layer paint. The directions say to reduce the first coat. This is so that it can penetrate even the smallest pores. You'll need to figure 2 coats, minimum. We did a guy's garage and whole driveway, in a pattern no less, with this stuff. If you actually park vehicles in your garage, I'd recommend something like this for those bays. They're moderately expensive, but, an excellent investment in your floor and concrete. The DOT crews are increasingly using calcium chloride on the roads, as a snowmelt. That stuff eats anything, including concrete and your car.

Here's the bad news. You don't want to just cover what's already on your floor. You've got to get that crap up, as it'll just lift whatever you put over it. The topcoat is only as good as the basecoat. And, the aforementioned stain doesn't cover painted surfaces. We did a 22'X22' garage a couple weeks ago. The PO used to make biodiesel in there. The current owner used the Rustoleum "kit". After a month, it still wasn't dry. We used 7 gallons of mineral spirits to get that crap up. We twice acidized the floor. Even so, there was still frying oil in the minor cracks and checks of the concrete. The aforementioned stain, still, covered and sealed those areas. You'll probably need to use a chemical stripper and scrapers to get your Rustoleum up, as it's been dried. Be sure to acidize your floor before you apply anything, as it cleans and opens the pores of the concrete. This will allow your next coating to get a "bite" and help it to last longer. Another thing, if you have decent sized cracks, use something like this to fill them. Be sure to let self-leveling sealants sit a week, or so, to fully cure, before covering them.

There is no easy way to rectify your situation. If you have to rent a short-term storage unit, so be it. Just take your time, do it right, and it'll last and look great for many years.
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #3681
DINGUS88
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Here's mine. It has become a little crowded lately, but in my opinion the solution (selling some stuff) would be worse than the problem. I'm just sayin......

My dog Otis

DINGUS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #3682
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,737
Very nice. I couldn't imagine owning all those bikes and maintenance. Well done though...

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #3683
kfsinc
Chaingolian Observer

Oddometer: 2,544
[QUOTE=DINGUS88;17134435]
My dog Otis

QUOTE]

He looks happy to see you
“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”, Mario Andretti

Indulge. Repent. Repeat.
kfsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #3684
DINGUS88
n00b

Oddometer: 2
[QUOTE=kfsinc;17135118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINGUS88 View Post
My dog Otis

QUOTE]

He looks happy to see you
At about 205 lbs you wouldn't want to be that close if he wasn't happy to see you.
DINGUS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #3685
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post

View from the back of the garage to the Sangre's in Colorado:

God i love your place!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #3686
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,196
Sometimes when I think I have problems I dig around on this thread. I usually feel better when I see some of you jokers with 10+ bikes in the garage, at least I am not alone with this addiction!

And, here is my contribution to the garage beer refrigerator photos. I call this my "first aid kit".

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697

Skowinski screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 11:57 AM Reason: added pic
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #3687
gagator
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Sometimes when I think I have problems I dig around on this thread. I usually feel better when I see some of you jokers with 10+ bikes in the garage, at least I am not alone with this addiction!

And, here is my contribution to the garage beer refrigerator photos. I call this my "first aid kit".

I am so with you on the Motorcycle addiction but not a big fan of the Pale Ale. More of a stout fan. Nice cave.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #3688
mjn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Not nearly big enough... but it works. I know it's messy, but it's my combo farmshop/man cave.

Some of my bikes fit in here easier than others....
'78 Hawk
'71 SL350
mjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #3689
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Any more pics of the GS 1000ES?
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #3690
Aviatordoc
BMW K12S rider

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn View Post
Not nearly big enough... but it works. I know it's messy, but it's my combo farmshop/man cave.

Some of my bikes fit in here easier than others....

Is that an RD LC I spy there????
Aviatordoc is online now   Reply With Quote