Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #4726
Aviatordoc
BMW K12S rider

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
You've all inspired me to get out in the man-cave today and get cracking with a bit of cleaning and reorganising. Since having a housemate move in this year, all of his crap has taken over, but on the plus side we have a crazy amount of tools and equipment now!

The benches on the left still remain (moved down to make space for welders and toolboxes), but the rest has changed significantly. I'll post some pictures up after my cleaning up session today. Here's how it was about 3 years ago when it was exclusively my space.
So where are your wheels? You do have some nice gear hangin there.
Aviatordoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #4727
El_Duderino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatordoc View Post
So where are your wheels? You do have some nice gear hangin there.
That rack is now in my bedroom and loaded with riding gear, boots, bags, etc. Looking at these old pics, it's only just dawned on me how much gear I've bought recently!

As for the bikes missing from those pics, I'd wheeled the old girl out for a sweep of the floor in preparation for an engine rebuild. After years of fun and mayhem, I sold her only 2 months ago.

El_Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #4728
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
It must get as hot as hell in there, with the tin roof.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #4729
El_Duderino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
It must get as hot as hell in there, with the tin roof.
It's not too bad on even the hottest days...opening up the front and side doors creates a nice air circulation, and the front half of the garage is under shade. Having said that, I'm about to put some sarking, insulation and line the roof very soon!

The cleanup over the past few days has been taking me a little bit longer than expected...pics will come in the coming days when i'm happier the results, hahaha!
El_Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #4730
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 47,871
Not exactly the garage, but attached to it:

Started like this:

Then added this:

Then brought in these guys:

And this happened:

I went for these for the drainage:

They moved on and did this:

In the back they are filling in the swamp with the excess:

After 9 hours we had this:

There were two issues, a really poorly laid cable by Comcast, and very crappy asphaut over concrete:

Tomorrow they install the retaining wall and dig up the back yard for the patio.

Morte to come.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #4731
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Retaining wall nearly done.

Jim
Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #4732
Adv
Adv

Oddometer: 132
Fault!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
Passed the final inspection today!

The front

The east side

And the important stuff

That's a 46" flat screen that became obsolete when we went to 3D in the Living Room... what's a guy to do

Doors will be installed on the 13th. Epoxy shortly after that. A/C sometime soon! It was 102.7 today fer gawds sake!

The BMW tin on the table was a gift from my contractor

Gerg
My God!!!
Fault!!!
Here's the beer???!!!!

Buell Ulysses XB12X 2006, black; Honda XLX 250 R 1987, red; 1 BMW G650GS 2013, white; 3 F800GS's 2013, (2) blue and (1) white - BMW's from A&K Motorcycle Rentals - rent a BMW GS in Brazil!
Adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #4733
Adv
Adv

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi View Post
Nice dude, I love seeing the sequence of the build and the Ford Ranger parked next to teh new building right where it had been parked in a previous post... that's awesome, have fun in there.

Best,
Rob
Wow!!! Very good! But here's the motorcycles??? And the beer? Pictures, please!!!

Buell Ulysses XB12X 2006, black; Honda XLX 250 R 1987, red; 1 BMW G650GS 2013, white; 3 F800GS's 2013, (2) blue and (1) white - BMW's from A&K Motorcycle Rentals - rent a BMW GS in Brazil!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #4734
Adv
Adv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
There are some truly fantastic Man caves shown here.

My fantastic and ever so indulgent wife and I have decided to embark on a new adventure. We have decided to sell our place up here in the White Mountains of Arizona 40 acres 4 buildings, 1 of which is the ultimate Man Cave shown earlier here, even more has been done to it since then.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=3881

Here is a bit about our place for sale.

http://www.netneon.com/listings/z1251490

We close on the new place we found in Tennessee down in the corner near Georgia and North Carolina, on the 12th of June and we plan to move as soon as this place is sold. We fell in love with this Smokey Mountain Area when we visited last year and again this year. Well we ended up buying this place......

http://www.motorcyclistcafe.com/foru...416#post139416

At the back pic right and to a small extent we will dig into the hill and pour a 32' x 32' slab for the next Man Cave. It will have power/water and sewer. The roof slope will be the same as the house( 11/12) almost 45 degree slope. up stair will be a room 32' x appx 18' to be figured out later. We will be moving all of the current tools and equipment in the current Man Cave, lifts, tire machine, etc.

After the closing, the house front and rear decks will be covered and after the slab is poured the drive way will be asphalted.

Following this thread in Advrider has given us a lot of great ideas for this new Man Cave.
Dean and Pan are my heroes!!!
Congratulations!!!
But...
You bought it???

Old 06-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #4735
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post

Retaining wall nearly done.

Jim
I have a retaining wall that is taller in my front yard. The landscaper who installed it said the water needs a way to flow out or it will act like hydraulic pressure and push the wall out. 3 feet or so on the retained side of the wall is all stones so the water can flow out without pushing the wall out. The blocks he used comes with 70 pages of engineering reports so you can overwhelm the city permit guys.

You know you are on your way when you don't need to go to Home Depot for months on end.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #4736
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteraug02 View Post
I have a retaining wall that is taller in my front yard. The landscaper who installed it said the water needs a way to flow out or it will act like hydraulic pressure and push the wall out. 3 feet or so on the retained side of the wall is all stones so the water can flow out without pushing the wall out. The blocks he used comes with 70 pages of engineering reports so you can overwhelm the city permit guys.

You know you are on your way when you don't need to go to Home Depot for months on end.
Yeah, normally this would be a concern. However, this soil is 70 years compacted and doesn't retain much water. On top of that, there is 21A gravel behind the wall, and weep holes throughout. Best of all, no permitting issues since the wall is under 36" tall.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #4737
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,739
Yeah only walls higher than a defined limit (48" in ABQ) need inspections and/or drainage/weep holes

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #4738
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Finished for the day:

Not bad. They need to cut a few small blocks to fill the holes (this is part of the "random pattern), and a few small filler cuts, then sweep in the sand and they are basically done.

I think it looks good.

In the future, the driveway itself will come out and more pavers go in.

Jim
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #4739
Gentleman Adventurer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
YEAH!! No grass to mow!!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #4740
dorkpunch
Oops...

Oddometer: 4,939
Doin a quicky garage makeover. Got sick of piles/messes/PINK walls.

Before, North wall:

East:

South.

Bought this house about 3 years ago, first thing I did was put the shelves together under the bench as a temporary workbench... Time for that to go, plus I want the shelves for pUTTING STUFF on.

New workbench in progress.

Time to do something about that PINK. Yes, I'm using my Harbor Freight HVLP gun.

Old workbench about ready to get yanked:

More paint.

New bench!

New shelf put up, still need to sort and organize BOTH. Also plan on building some doors for them to hide the mess.

North wall NOW.

I are good at makin messes.

Next step will be the east wall- just rippin stuff down, slap a coat of paint on, and re-organize a bit. Also going to insulate the garage door.

"I've been going to this high school for SEVEN YEARS. I'm no dummy!"
-Charles De Mar.
dorkpunch is offline   Reply With Quote