Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #4831
FixerDave
KLR-650

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by go::ahead View Post
A very humble laundry room...
[IMG][/IMG]

... I just can't afford a place with a garage, maybe some day...
Lots of space there... just rip out that lower cabinet by the front of the bike, maybe mount it up high on the wall if you need the storage. Then, put your tool chest where it was. Yeah, you'll loose access to the top bin but it's on wheels if you really need the stuff in it. Then, make a fold-down bench or 2 along the wall where your tool chest was. Fold-down benches are great as they don't accumulate clutter when not in use. Maybe incorporate a little bit of cabinet space behind them too. Some shelves up high, above head-height, to hold the parts you take off the bike. Might want to incorporate a lip on said shelves if you want to avoid having a gas tank fall on your head. If you're fond of Peg-board, throw it on the far door with a little bit of stand-off, and you're good to go. Then again, it's likely a hollow-core door... You have a drill, right? Speaking of doors, those upper cabinet doors are crying for some thin shelves mounted on them... a place for chain lube or something, anything. Mount some stuff on the inside of the doors while you're at it.

Might even get that KLR in... maybe.

In my shop... everything has it's place and every place has it's thing. You might see a crowded little room... all I see is empty space just waiting for their things. You need to go shopping

David...

FixerDave screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 01:37 AM
FixerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #4832
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixerDave View Post
Lots of space there... just rip out that lower cabinet by the front of the bike, maybe mount it up high on the wall if you need the storage. Then, put your tool chest where it was. Yeah, you'll loose access to the top bin but it's on wheels if you really need the stuff in it. Then, make a fold-down bench or 2 along the wall where your tool chest was. Fold-down benches are great as they don't accumulate clutter when not in use. Maybe incorporate a little bit of cabinet space behind them too. Some shelves up high, above head-height, to hold the parts you take off the bike. Might want to incorporate a lip on said shelves if you want to avoid having a gas tank fall on your head. If you're fond of Peg-board, throw it on the far door with a little bit of stand-off, and you're good to go. Then again, it's likely a hollow-core door... You have a drill, right? Speaking of doors, those upper cabinet doors are crying for some thin shelves mounted on them... a place for chain lube or something, anything. Mount some stuff on the inside of the doors while you're at it.
A ton of great ideas!
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #4833
Heckle
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hi guys,
first message, rookie on this forum. Living in Africa, riding the one and only, the world famous Hecklebike, made with parts of many others dead ones
Love your sooooo clean "men castles"
Just wanted to show you mine

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...188&u=16120600

Have a good day
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #4834
bibette
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Heckle,

Looks like you're a real noob, we can't see the picture

BTW I clicked on it and, well man... either you posted the wrong picture, either you're not in the right thread! That can't be your castle... is it?

cheers
bibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #4835
beemerkid
Do you ADV

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckle View Post
Hi guys,
first message, rookie on this forum. Living in Africa, riding the one and only, the world famous Hecklebike, made with parts of many others dead ones
Love your sooooo clean "men castles"
Just wanted to show you mine

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...188&u=16120600

Have a good day
Hey your lucky to have a garage
beemerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #4836
Schmittenhymer
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 634
http://www.adventuretourer.ca
www.iboxcabinets.com
Schmittenhymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #4837
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibette View Post
Hi Heckle,

Looks like you're a real noob, we can't see the picture

BTW I clicked on it and, well man... either you posted the wrong picture, either you're not in the right thread! That can't be your castle... is it?

cheers
^^^ What's that about?

Looks like a "Man Castle", to me. Not everyone has an extravagant place.

ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #4838
go::ahead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixerDave View Post

Might even get that KLR in... maybe.

In my shop... everything has it's place and every place has it's thing. You might see a crowded little room... all I see is empty space just waiting for their things. You need to go shopping

David...
I thought I replied to this but it never showed... I have the wall covered, shelves all the way around. I'll try to get better pics this weekend when I tear down the tractor to check valves. The problem is its a rental so I can only put so many holes in the walls, I wouldn't buy a place without a garage!
go::ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #4839
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308

Work garage in my corner of the universe
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #4840
bibette
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerkid View Post
Hey your lucky to have a garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
^^^ What's that about?

Looks like a "Man Castle", to me. Not everyone has an extravagant place.
My comment was highly ironic, I don't get what some people put carpet underneath their bike, why most of garages posted here are shiny like no one never hold an oil baril inside. I don't judge, but that looks... amazin to me.
bibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #4841
Strog
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibette View Post
My comment was highly ironic, I don't get what some people put carpet underneath their bike, why most of garages posted here are shiny like no one never hold an oil baril inside. I don't judge, but that looks... amazin to me.
I put a rug under mine because I had one that came out of the living room and was heading for a dumpster. My wife would park her car really far over if the bike was out. I put the rug down and now she stays over whether the bike is there or not.

You wouldn't want to eat off the floor of my garage. No worries about being "too clean" here.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #4842
Heckle
n00b

Oddometer: 9
yep, see what you mean... too bad to have a "civil wife". sorry about that. Carpet is a good solution to keep her at home.
Bibette, what about a picture of your man masturb... castle ?
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #4843
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
here's mine in progress.

sierraoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #4844
DirtKnob
Dirt Knob

Oddometer: 153
Talking My Man Cave and My Beast

This is the same house I was brought into this world and introduced to Motorcycling. "i.e. my avitar" Check out "Then and Now" in Pics,Pics,Pics.
http://
DirtKnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #4845
julien
n00b

Oddometer: 6
My lair

General view :

This is my little 1400 ZZR (for sale ) :

My wife's GSE :

My track/pleasure bike (since I was a little boy, accompanying my father to the manifestation of angry bikers, I dreamed of having one. It's done. :) ) :

The last bought, my Adventure's bike :

And finally, the workspace : :)

(don't make any caution about quebecian car plates, I'm trully french (so, sorry for my "mauvais" anglysh ) )
julien is offline   Reply With Quote