ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #4831
Heckle
n00b
 
Heckle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 9
Hi guys,
first message, rookie on this forum. Living in Africa, riding the one and only, the world famous Hecklebike, made with parts of many others dead ones
Love your sooooo clean "men castles"
Just wanted to show you mine

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...188&u=16120600


Have a good day
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #4832
bibette
n00b
 
bibette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 3
Hi Heckle,

Looks like you're a real noob, we can't see the picture

BTW I clicked on it and, well man... either you posted the wrong picture, either you're not in the right thread! That can't be your castle... is it?

cheers
bibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #4833
beemerkid
Do you ADV
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Bay, CA
Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckle View Post
Hi guys,
first message, rookie on this forum. Living in Africa, riding the one and only, the world famous Hecklebike, made with parts of many others dead ones
Love your sooooo clean "men castles"
Just wanted to show you mine

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview...188&u=16120600


Have a good day
Hey your lucky to have a garage
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
I swear to God that I will beat you senless with a Sanka can before I die.
beemerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #4834
Schmittenhymer
Adventure Tourer
 
Schmittenhymer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Kagawong, Ontario
Oddometer: 647
__________________
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
2006 KTM 525EXC
2007 Suzuki SV650S (wife's)
http://www.adventuretourer.ca
www.iboxcabinets.com
Schmittenhymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #4835
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibette View Post
Hi Heckle,

Looks like you're a real noob, we can't see the picture

BTW I clicked on it and, well man... either you posted the wrong picture, either you're not in the right thread! That can't be your castle... is it?

cheers
^^^ What's that about?

Looks like a "Man Castle", to me. Not everyone has an extravagant place.

__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #4836
go::ahead
Adventurer
 
go::ahead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixerDave View Post
Lots of space there... just rip out that lower cabinet by the front of the bike, maybe mount it up high on the wall if you need the storage. Then, put your tool chest where it was. Yeah, you'll loose access to the top bin but it's on wheels if you really need the stuff in it. Then, make a fold-down bench or 2 along the wall where your tool chest was. Fold-down benches are great as they don't accumulate clutter when not in use. Maybe incorporate a little bit of cabinet space behind them too. Some shelves up high, above head-height, to hold the parts you take off the bike. Might want to incorporate a lip on said shelves if you want to avoid having a gas tank fall on your head. If you're fond of Peg-board, throw it on the far door with a little bit of stand-off, and you're good to go. Then again, it's likely a hollow-core door... You have a drill, right? Speaking of doors, those upper cabinet doors are crying for some thin shelves mounted on them... a place for chain lube or something, anything. Mount some stuff on the inside of the doors while you're at it.

Might even get that KLR in... maybe.

In my shop... everything has it's place and every place has it's thing. You might see a crowded little room... all I see is empty space just waiting for their things. You need to go shopping

David...
I thought I replied to this but it never showed... I have the wall covered, shelves all the way around. I'll try to get better pics this weekend when I tear down the tractor to check valves. The problem is its a rental so I can only put so many holes in the walls, I wouldn't buy a place without a garage!
go::ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #4837
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever
 
Brunow - 007's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 308

Work garage in my corner of the universe
__________________
Working on the D14/4 Bsa Daily Driver .
Brunow - 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #4838
bibette
n00b
 
bibette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerkid View Post
Hey your lucky to have a garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
^^^ What's that about?

Looks like a "Man Castle", to me. Not everyone has an extravagant place.
My comment was highly ironic, I don't get what some people put carpet underneath their bike, why most of garages posted here are shiny like no one never hold an oil baril inside. I don't judge, but that looks... amazin to me.
bibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #4839
Strog
Geek on two wheels
 
Strog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibette View Post
My comment was highly ironic, I don't get what some people put carpet underneath their bike, why most of garages posted here are shiny like no one never hold an oil baril inside. I don't judge, but that looks... amazin to me.
I put a rug under mine because I had one that came out of the living room and was heading for a dumpster. My wife would park her car really far over if the bike was out. I put the rug down and now she stays over whether the bike is there or not.

You wouldn't want to eat off the floor of my garage. No worries about being "too clean" here.
__________________
Dale S.
Strog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #4840
Heckle
n00b
 
Heckle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 9
yep, see what you mean... too bad to have a "civil wife". sorry about that. Carpet is a good solution to keep her at home.
Bibette, what about a picture of your man masturb... castle ?
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #4841
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer
 
sierraoffroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Granville, ma
Oddometer: 1,319
here's mine in progress.

__________________
It's a Jungle out there.
2007 Blue Weestrom
2004 Yamaha Wr250f
sierraoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #4842
DirtKnob
Dirt Knob
 
DirtKnob's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: MountlakeTerrace, Washington
Oddometer: 161
Talking My Man Cave and My Beast

This is the same house I was brought into this world and introduced to Motorcycling. "i.e. my avitar" Check out "Then and Now" in Pics,Pics,Pics.
http://
__________________
Do you know how this bike came into being? It was a very nice R1100GS once. Taken by the dark powers; torchured and mutilated, by me.
A ruined and terrible form of life, and now perfected. This is my Fighting Uruk-Hai!" !!!! If You Can't Modify, Hack or Repair It, You Don't Own It !!!!
http://www.scottsmtnco.webs.com/
DirtKnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #4843
julien
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Paris (France)
Oddometer: 6
My lair

General view :


This is my little 1400 ZZR (for sale ) :


My wife's GSE :


My track/pleasure bike (since I was a little boy, accompanying my father to the manifestation of angry bikers, I dreamed of having one. It's done. :) ) :


The last bought, my Adventure's bike :


And finally, the workspace : :)

(don't make any caution about quebecian car plates, I'm trully french (so, sorry for my "mauvais" anglysh ) )
julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #4844
VitaBrevis
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 41
Floor Coating?

Question: I'm looking into floor covering in the garage, either a RaceDeck type tile or one of the standard Urethane type coatings that so many manufacturers have out now. In addition to these, I was wondering if anyone has thought of or used a Linex/Rhino/Herculiner material on their garage floor. The product I am looking at specifically is U-Pol Raptor. It is Urethane based, so I think prep would be the same as for any of the mainstream floor coatings.

You guys are the experts, what do you think? I am definitely leaning towards the U-Pol. I have Linex in my Jeep tub and am a huge fan. The U-Pol has the best reviews of any of the DIY stuff; chemical resistant, basically chip proof, and as a DIY product it's easy to repair should you happen to gouge it. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?
VitaBrevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #4845
kfsinc
Chaingolian Observer
 
kfsinc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Oddometer: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBrevis View Post
Question: I'm looking into floor covering in the garage, either a RaceDeck type tile or one of the standard Urethane type coatings that so many manufacturers have out now. In addition to these, I was wondering if anyone has thought of or used a Linex/Rhino/Herculiner material on their garage floor. The product I am looking at specifically is U-Pol Raptor. It is Urethane based, so I think prep would be the same as for any of the mainstream floor coatings.

You guys are the experts, what do you think? I am definitely leaning towards the U-Pol. I have Linex in my Jeep tub and am a huge fan. The U-Pol has the best reviews of any of the DIY stuff; chemical resistant, basically chip proof, and as a DIY product it's easy to repair should you happen to gouge it. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?
Sounds like an interesting idea -- should work. Try it on a small piece of concrete -- paver stone or something -- and see what happens.

The only real downside is that once you do it, your stuck with it -- I'm pretty sure you'll never get it off the floor.

I'm a fan of race deck type product, but haven't pulled the trigger. I've been considering buying an old volleyball court (same stuff), plenty of it available at a good price.
__________________
Karl
R1100GS
F650GS -- sold -- what's next?
“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”, Mario Andretti


Indulge. Repent. Repeat.
kfsinc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014