ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #5641
toto#77
Adventurer
 
toto#77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Italy, Santerno Motor Valley
Oddometer: 97
That's mine:

non facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #5642
Crashburndie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Delaware
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Slammer View Post
What's the size of that air compressor? Do you use it for small / large shop stuff? Do you wish for a larger / smaller one. Does it work well for what you need it for? I'm looking for one just for smaller jobs.

PA Slammer
I believe its a 26 or 28 gallon craftsman tank. It's usually use it for impact guns, air chisel and air riveting. The only thing it can't keep up that I've tried it an air cut off wheel, not sure if it's the tank size or the PSI output of the tank

So besides that it works great, when I need to cut something I use my freaky angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. One other note, the craftsman is LOUD compared to the same size tank that Husky makes it seems like it's twice as loud(maybe not twice but close)
Crashburndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #5643
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Northbrook IL
Oddometer: 2,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by brider View Post
anyone can be Cardinal fan. It takes true grit to stick with the Cubs!
__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #5644
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,243
i have a similar craftsman, just the tank is horizontal instead... same results, its been plugged in, and turned on since 2006, in a shed outside the garage. the only thing ive ever wished for was a quieter one. then I moved it outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashburndie View Post
I believe its a 26 or 28 gallon craftsman tank. It's usually use it for impact guns, air chisel and air riveting. The only thing it can't keep up that I've tried it an air cut off wheel, not sure if it's the tank size or the PSI output of the tank

So besides that it works great, when I need to cut something I use my freaky angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. One other note, the craftsman is LOUD compared to the same size tank that Husky makes it seems like it's twice as loud(maybe not twice but close)
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #5645
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashburndie View Post
I believe its a 26 or 28 gallon craftsman tank. It's usually use it for impact guns, air chisel and air riveting. The only thing it can't keep up that I've tried it an air cut off wheel, not sure if it's the tank size or the PSI output of the tank
You need more pump CFM; not tank size. The pump has to keep up with usage, otherwise the tank supply runs down.

If you put a small pump on a big tank, you lose pressure. The tank's PSI will always be reduced and the pump can't bring it back up. You end up having air tools that are working at a reduced rate (an impact that won't impact), because of it. You're better to have a big pump on a small tank, as it'll always keep up with your tools.

Unfortunately, the commonly available compressors are being sold with small, ceramic piston pumps. They run forever, trying to bring the too big tank back up to pressure. This overheats the pump and destroys the piston. Those pumps are designed for intermittent cycling, such as using finishing guns or staplers. Be sure of what you're buying, before laying down the cash.
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #5646
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer
 
trailer Rails's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Oddometer: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
You need more pump CFM; not tank size. The pump has to keep up with usage, otherwise the tank supply runs down.

If you put a small pump on a big tank, you lose pressure. The tank's PSI will always be reduced and the pump can't bring it back up. You end up having air tools that are working at a reduced rate (an impact that won't impact), because of it. You're better to have a big pump on a small tank, as it'll always keep up with your tools.

Unfortunately, the commonly available compressors are being sold with small, ceramic piston pumps. They run forever, trying to bring the too big tank back up to pressure. This overheats the pump and destroys the piston. Those pumps are designed for intermittent cycling, such as using finishing guns or staplers. Be sure of what you're buying, before laying down the cash.
Gotta watch for hose restrictions also. A good 1/2" hose with high flow fittings will help a lot. Also check the pressure regulator on the tank, they can be pretty restrictive to CFM output.
trailer Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #5647
dirtyac
Ktooner
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Melrose,NY
Oddometer: 30
Little small but it's home

__________________
11 KTM 690 Enduro, 06 KTM 200XCW, 07 KTM 990 Adventure S, 86 Honda Nighthawk S
dirtyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #5648
Bikaholic51
Electric Kaiser
 
Bikaholic51's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: FIB LAND USA (Wauconda, IL)
Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by brider View Post
anyone can be Cardinal fan. It takes true grit to stick with the Cubs!
Some people just enjoy being abused.

__________________
The Electric Kaiser
Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible. FZ

88 R100RT-82 R100S-72 R75/5-70 R75/5 hack
Bikaholic51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #5649
Cataract2
Where to?
 
Cataract2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: N. Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaholic51 View Post
Some people just enjoy being abused.

__________________
People who get made because they're old, haven't lived.
Cataract2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #5650
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Northbrook IL
Oddometer: 2,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaholic51 View Post
Some people just enjoy being abused.

__________________
If it don't have tits, spark plugs or gun powder, it don't interest me. ---Moose Dog
If you don't organize your tools, you're a terrible person.---Aghartha
You twatwaffles who enjoy fucking duffelbags full of deer antlers, simply stay out of the thread. ---Hardware02
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #5651
brider
Long suffering Cub Fan
 
brider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The Crossroads of America
Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaholic51 View Post
Some people just enjoy being abused.

Everyone wants to kick a guy when his team has been down for a century or so.
__________________
2007 Tiger
2001 DR 650
http://www.sporttouring.us
brider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #5652
Rustynuts
Adventurer
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Southern Oregon Coast
Oddometer: 79
Mine just got finished today! Now I get to move in and start decorating


Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #5653
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Mine just got finished today! Now I get to move in and start decorating



Nice! Very Nice!
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #5654
D.T.
One wheel wonder...
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Moneyapolis, MN
Oddometer: 10,350
Looks like you can host an NFL game in that man castle!
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by burgerking So?
Holland is about the most expensive country in Europe when it comes to bikes and fuel..Stop whining and go riding It's just money and you only live once...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #5655
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!
 
Maggot12's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Barrie Ont
Oddometer: 3,764
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelbill View Post
Nice! Very Nice!
Yes it is, and hard to pick a fault, but the place should have windows added.....
__________________
Maggot

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014