Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #16
xellic
-----+-----

Oddometer: 2,312
I think this was a staged PR event , an attempt to take make it look like he's just a regular family man who slipped this one time.

ha

When I'm rich and famous I'm gonna stick with hookers
And get a receipt everytime

So I can say " You damn right it was consensual..... I have the receipt right here"
xellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:22 PM   #17
thwack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Said motorfiveo:
...I almost had to vomit when I saw the press conference clips with his wife. She was holding his hand as to say "it's ok if you hose some girl while your on the road, as long as your rich....I will stay with you". Get some self respect woman....let Kobe explain the situation by himself.
I figure she must've signed some pre-nuptial agreement that leaves her with shit if she ditches him so "standing by him" at least lets her keep dipping into whatever paycheck he gets once the dust settles.

And, she owns his ass at home now..."you want some more of this hot body, you will too get your ass in there and clean that damn bathroom...commit adultery on me will you..."
thwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:43 PM   #18
Bird
Who is Cockeye?

Oddometer: 2,556
Re: Re: stupid sport "super" stars

Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
You have here, it seems to me, two big problems:
1) Kids from sometimes bad backgrounds suddenly becoming multi-zillionaires with absolutely no preparation for fame and fortune. (BTW, I'm not necessarily saying this applies to Bryant.)
Agreed, the kids are set up for failure in certain respects, and many of the don't realize it until it's too late.

Quote:
2) You have a bunch of athletic guys who are rich and horny and have women throwing themselves at them constantly, 24/7, no matter where they go or what they do.
Now, I'm not excusing them ... but if you were young, rich, handsome (or even ugly) and had gorgeous, nubile young women literally throwing their used panties at you and begging you to go out with them, could you fight the temptation every single time?
I couldn't.
Which is why I'm glad I'm poor, fat and ugly. I don't have to worry about that shit.
If this applies, getting married is the last thing someone should do. Have at it, go bang 'tang till yer fuggin eyes pop out of your head. Staying single is an easy way to not have to stand in front of a bunch of reporters and use the word "adultery" a whole lotta times.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:30 AM   #19
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,893
Re: Re: Re: stupid sport "super" stars

Quote:
Said Bird:
If this applies, getting married is the last thing someone should do. Have at it, go bang 'tang till yer fuggin eyes pop out of your head. Staying single is an easy way to not have to stand in front of a bunch of reporters and use the word "adultery" a whole lotta times.
I couldn't agree more. Why on earth a guy like Kobe Bryant would get married well before he's 30 is a mystery to me. Hell, I was no Kobe at his age and even I had the goddam sense to wait until I was 30 to get married, after I'd played the field. Repeatedly.
Love is goofy shit. It just doesn't make much sense sometimes ...
Old 07-20-2003, 07:19 AM   #20
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,554
Re: Re: Re: Re: stupid sport "super" stars

Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
Love is goofy shit. It just doesn't make much sense sometimes ...
In one of Woody Allen's movies, a character asked him if love & sex weren't the same thing. He replied "Are you kidding? Sex relieves tension; love causes it."

Kobe was just trying to balance those two forces.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:44 AM   #21
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,893
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stupid sport "super" stars

Quote:
Said AceRph:
In one of Woody Allen's movies, a character asked him if love & sex weren't the same thing. He replied "Are you kidding? Sex relieves tension; love causes it."

Kobe was just trying to balance those two forces.
That's as good an explanation as I've ever heard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: