ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Shake_N_Bake OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
2014 Moose Run Dual Sport Rally

I see that the dates have been announced for this year's rally. I have checked the webpage and Facebook page both of which state you can register on-line. However nowhere on the FB page or either webpages can I find a link for registration. Am I missing something, to early or?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,287
Getting a little stir-crazy?
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake_N_Bake View Post
I see that the dates have been announced for this year's rally. I have checked the webpage and Facebook page both of which state you can register on-line. However nowhere on the FB page or either webpages can I find a link for registration. Am I missing something, to early or?
Yes, a little early yet. We'll put up an announcement once registration for the 2014 event is available.
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieRider View Post
Yes, a little early yet. We'll put up an announcement once registration for the 2014 event is available.
What she said. Hopefully it will be in the AMA calendar much earlier this year.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
wbunt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Cool , Wife and I had a great time last year .
wbunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #6
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbunt View Post
Cool , Wife and I had a great time last year .
Good to hear! Let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement. The planning committee is meeting monthly. I'm going to be sketching out the A/B route over the next couple of months.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Good to hear! Let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement. The planning committee is meeting monthly. I'm going to be sketching out the A/B route over the next couple of months.

Jeff my one suggestion would be to work with the RMAR folks and try to schedule those events on different weekends. I know scheduling conflicts are bound to occur, but the two primary dual sport events in all of Colorado are the Moose Run and the RMAR Rally. It's a shame they fall on the same weekend this year. Perhaps next year another arrangement could be worked out.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
OldenSlow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
what he said

No griping, but yeah, it is too bad Rendezvous and Moose Run are "either or" Oh well, life is full of decisions...
OldenSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
wolfbuzz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Jeff my one suggestion would be to work with the RMAR folks and try to schedule those events on different weekends. I know scheduling conflicts are bound to occur, but the two primary dual sport events in all of Colorado are the Moose Run and the RMAR Rally. It's a shame they fall on the same weekend this year. Perhaps next year another arrangement could be worked out.
This, please. :)
Old 02-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
Graywolf11
Lobo Loco Moto

Oddometer: 996
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeabides View Post
jeff my one suggestion would be to work with the rmar folks and try to schedule those events on different weekends. I know scheduling conflicts are bound to occur, but the two primary dual sport events in all of colorado are the moose run and the rmar rally. It's a shame they fall on the same weekend this year. Perhaps next year another arrangement could be worked out.
+ 1 !!!
Touring by motorbike, more than any other mode of transportation, allows us to be more fully engaged with people, culture and the natural world - especially the bugs.
Graywolf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #11
whitewater18
funhog

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
+2 However I'm probably not going to RMAR this year..
Old 02-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #12
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,876
When the Moose Run started up and we realized we had to start planning well in advance (at least a year) due to permitting issues with a variety of government agencies and coordinating with AMA, we chose the first weekend of August for consistency to help make this process smoother and more efficient.

Timing is tough in Colorado since the high country is reliably open for a relatively short time. I understand that the dates of RMAR can be highly variable, and if I remember correctly from threads I've seen in the past, the dates are chosen less than a year ahead of time...maybe that's not always the case?
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #13
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieRider View Post
When the Moose Run started up and we realized we had to start planning well in advance (at least a year) due to permitting issues with a variety of government agencies and coordinating with AMA, we chose the first weekend of August for consistency to help make this process smoother and more efficient.

Timing is tough in Colorado since the high country is reliably open for a relatively short time. I understand that the dates of RMAR can be highly variable, and if I remember correctly from threads I've seen in the past, the dates are chosen less than a year ahead of time...maybe that's not always the case?

Guys, this is as much our fault. I really haven't know about the Moose Run, so didn't occur to me to check their dates. I did check the C500, the C600, etc.... But like them, we have had the date for the RMAR Rendezvous set since Sept of 2013 and we are AMA calendared and sanctioned as well.

At this time, dates will not be adjusted or changed, but I think we have a solution for those that want to attend the Moose Run. This year, for the first time, RMAR is offering a full, 9-day event. We are kicking off the Rendezvous with what we are calling the Pre-Rondy in Silverton as well....the week before.

Find the information here: http://www.rmariders.org/2014-pre-rondy.html

This will actually allow many of you to book-end the weekends and enjoy both riding experiences.

John

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #14
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
Guys, this is as much our fault. I really haven't know about the Moose Run, so didn't occur to me to check their dates. I did check the C500, the C600, etc.... But like them, we have had the date for the RMAR Rendezvous set since Sept of 2013 and we are AMA calendared and sanctioned as well.

At this time, dates will not be adjusted or changed, but I think we have a solution for those that want to attend the Moose Run. This year, for the first time, RMAR is offering a full, 9-day event. We are kicking off the Rendezvous with what we are calling the Pre-Rondy in Silverton as well....the week before.

Find the information here: http://www.rmariders.org/2014-pre-rondy.html

This will actually allow many of you to book-end the weekends and enjoy both riding experiences.

John

Thanks John. Ditto here. I'll PM my contact info. We've settled on the first weekend in August for every year. For high country riding, anything earlier is just too unpredictable.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #15
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,834
I hope everyone knows I wasn't singling out Jeff or the Moose Run crew. I was just asking for BOTH organizations (Moose and RMAR) to try to work together next year so the events don't end up on the same weekend.

Sounds like Moose Run has dibs on the first weekend in August every year. Maybe RMAR can work around that for 2015. Hope so. Cheers.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote