ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #2776
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,283
I know we're all pretty laid back and all, but.......

Not to be a dick or anything (yea yea yeah, I know) but just a general reminder: Per the Flea Market rules http://www.advrider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=14 :
"The Flea Market is about buying and selling stuff. Don't tease us with 'Feeler Ads'. All ads need a Price and location (city/state). If you want to find out what your stuff might be worth, ask the question in the related forum, not the Flea Market."

Fewer questions and more selling. Just saying.
Dave
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #2777
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,639
I am not sure that Flea Market rules should be the same for our Regional Flea Market. We are more of a community here. I would rather not get bogged down with rules meant to keep the masses inline.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #2778
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDirt
Fewer questions and more selling.
What sort of questions should we not ask?

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #2779
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,097
How about this. Mods should mod and posters should post.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #2780
Beemer Pat

Oddometer: 2,722
If you look at my post you will see that I edited it. I forgot to put where I'm located so folks would know. I think UncleDirt was just letting me know.
Beemer Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #2781
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,455
Pull up a chair... to our local Rocky Mountain flea market thead!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #2782
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Why not put a price up?

Well, yeah posters vs mods....I thought about hitting the blame maddbrit button, but thought, gee, not really worth getting a mod involved. So, sorry, I just thought that as adults we could moderate ourselves. What was I thinking.

You're right, who am I to complain.... oh wait, yeah I'm a user here and thought that a SLIGHT (read: really really really small) tweak might help sellers move product more quickly. Perhaps those of you who are not on a budget believe in the old axiom that if you have to ask what it costs, you can't afford it. But those of us on a budget (who don't really have much disposable income to play with) would like to know if what we are interested in, is actually within our budget. And darn if alot of pm's don't go unanswered for a few days.

As for rulez? You don't think that the FM rules apply here. Okay, you guys have been around for alot longer than I have, I'll have to defer to you on that. Does that mean I CAN list my shotgun for sale here? Cool!

And as for what Questions you CAN ask? Oh my. It was directed to the SELLER, not you. Meaning that the more information a seller includes will result in fewer questions for the SELLER to answer, and thus be more effective in getting to their target group, and actually being successful. You know, like "more meat, less filler" kind of thing. As in, less questions for the SELLER to answer and more SELLING for the SELLER. Again, not directed at you, the browser or buyer.

And finally: Why not list the selling price of an item? Don't you want to sell something as quick as possible when you put it up for sale?

So that this all doesn't end up in JM, this is the only response on this subject that I'm going to post. Hope you all didn't hurt yourself when your knees jerked.
Dave
Old 08-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #2783
mommer
bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDirt
Well, yeah posters vs mods....I thought about hitting the blame maddbrit button, but thought, gee, not really worth getting a mod involved. So, sorry, I just thought that as adults we could moderate ourselves. What was I thinking.

You're right, who am I to complain.... oh wait, yeah I'm a user here and thought that a SLIGHT (read: really really really small) tweak might help sellers move product more quickly. Perhaps those of you who are not on a budget believe in the old axiom that if you have to ask what it costs, you can't afford it. But those of us on a budget (who don't really have much disposable income to play with) would like to know if what we are interested in, is actually within our budget. And darn if alot of pm's don't go unanswered for a few days.

As for rulez? You don't think that the FM rules apply here. Okay, you guys have been around for alot longer than I have, I'll have to defer to you on that. Does that mean I CAN list my shotgun for sale here? Cool!

And as for what Questions you CAN ask? Oh my. It was directed to the SELLER, not you. Meaning that the more information a seller includes will result in fewer questions for the SELLER to answer, and thus be more effective in getting to their target group, and actually being successful. You know, like "more meat, less filler" kind of thing. As in, less questions for the SELLER to answer and more SELLING for the SELLER. Again, not directed at you, the browser or buyer.

And finally: Why not list the selling price of an item? Don't you want to sell something as quick as possible when you put it up for sale?

So that this all doesn't end up in JM, this is the only response on this subject that I'm going to post. Hope you all didn't hurt yourself when your knees jerked.
Dave

WOW! i really thought we were all friends here.. if someone forgets to put a price or where they are.. ill ask.. then maybe ill get to know that FF better and maybe end up having the ride of my life with them.. cuz after all they are just arround the corner
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...UkefvUtpvQzqzl
mommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #2784
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Dod Gammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommer
WOW! i really thought we were all friends here.. if someone forgets to put a price or where they are.. ill ask.. then maybe ill get to know that FF better and maybe end up having the ride of my life with them.. cuz after all they are just arround the corner
mommer, you're right. I felt attacked for addressing something that irritates the crap out of me. It still does. But I over reacted and I apologize to all you FF's out there.

Life's too short and I've been too stressed lately. What I said about a price being a really good idea still applies, but I should have just let it go. Sorry, my bad.....

Neduro - disregard my email. Baaaad week. Mea Culpa, mea fricking culpa.
Dave
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #2785
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

One more thing......

Just so everbody knows, even when I am and arguing, I will still give up a days work, pull my camper shell off, and drive 100 miles to help any one of you out of a jam. I'll still disagree with you maybe, but I will have the good sense to drop the BS long enough to get you safe, warm, fed and dry.
Dave
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #2786
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,639
Looks like we need to move this whole thread to the basement.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #2787
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,953
2006 Husky TE610 For sale or Trade for a truck?

Olas screwed with this post 10-30-2009 at 02:53 PM
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #2788
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,191
Sold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance
FatWife has not been riding her 2000 DR650 since she broke her ankle in Moab, so it is up for sale. Her loss, your gain. It is all farkled out and in excellent condition. Ready for any adventure you're ready for, around town or around the world! Only 13,866 miles, IMS 5 gallon tank, Corbin saddle, Spitfire windscreen, Dunlop 603/606 tires, Dual Star centerstand (they do exist!), Moto-sport pannier racks, Pelican 1520 cases, new sprockets/chain, hand guards, skid plate, magneto cover case saver, 12v power outlets (SAE and cig lighter), newer battery, battery charger, new speedo cable, all stock take-off parts included, just serviced, new Twin Air air filter, manual. Everything works great! Reliable as a bag of hammers. $2900. It is in Durango, I can work with you to get it closer to where you live.

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #2789
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,191
Bump!

These are size 6 for men, women's size 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance
FatWife is selling her Gaerne SG10 MX boots. Size 39.5 Euro, 6 US. She bought these after breaking her ankle and only wore them around the house. They have never been used riding, so they are in as-new condition. $250 including delivery to the lower 48.

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #2790
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,097
Uncle dirt-no worries. Rules are a funny thing. No matter how weird they are (guns/no guns etc), people are generally inclined to follow them. I respect you for piping up and pointing out the rules.

For me, I am glad there is a rockies only FM. Heck, I often wonder where ADV where would be with no rockies section?

No worries-grab a beer and peruse others cast off items.

:)