ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #2881
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,084
EDIT: Price Reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDirt
Rear fender is cracked and has holes from rear box. High Beam indicator bulb burned out (I'll fix that). Scratches and dents from the trail, but still pretty good looking. I think about 15K on it (I will check it), good front DOT knobby, rear will need replaced, still about half tread left.

Runs great. Pulls hard. No leaks to speak of, could use a new chain. Grips are worn but servicable. New battery, recent oil change. Two small holes in seat. All and all, a good stock example of the '86 gold trimmed XL 600.

Why selling? My commute is 118 miles roundtrip 5 days a week. That's about 4K a month. Or sumtin like that (never wuz to guud ats the math). I don't want to kill this bike, or have to rebuild every 2 years.

Price: asking PRICE REDUCED! $1200 or trade for Honda Silverwing, KLR, or??? Another bike that will make the commute. Don't want a heavy street bike, don't want no crotch rocket or cruiser. Will entertain all offers though, as it is my goal to have a bike to ride. PM me if interested.

If it doesn't sell, I'll re-sprocket and keep riding. Ran great coming in to work today!
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #2882
racer187x
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by atokad
Anybody around here looking at this guy's bikes, I can tell you first hand, his bikes are rock solid! Tuned-tricked-and ready to go. I would think this would be an awesome bike for ride Moody's, Killpecker and the likes!!

I bought this from him last year if anyone is looking for references.

I don't know about this KenR guy.......seems kinda shady to me!
"Stuckness shouldn't be avoided. It's the psychic predecessor of all real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is the key to an understanding of all Quality, in mecahnical work as in other endeavors. It's this understanding of Quality, as revealed by stuckness, which so often makes self-taught mechanics so superior to institute-trained men who have learned how to handle everything except a new situation."
racer187x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #2883
racer187x
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenR
1997 KTM 360MXC desert bike

Dicks Suspension
Dicks motor mods (raised compression, 380 piston, etc., etc.)
BRP top triple clamp and damper mount
Scotts damper
FMF Gnarly pipe w/guard
FMF Turbine Core II spark arrestor silencer
IMS desert tank
Skid plate
Shark fin
N-Style graphics
Pro-Taper bars
Acerbis handguards
Dunlop 739 Desert A/T rear - 90%
Dunlop 756 front - 90%
DID O ring chain

This is a very clean, well sorted open class desert bike. Nearly all the power of a 500 that handles like a 250.

$1,600.00

C'mon guys, this bike needs someone who can actually ride it!

"Stuckness shouldn't be avoided. It's the psychic predecessor of all real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is the key to an understanding of all Quality, in mecahnical work as in other endeavors. It's this understanding of Quality, as revealed by stuckness, which so often makes self-taught mechanics so superior to institute-trained men who have learned how to handle everything except a new situation."
racer187x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #2884
KenR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,664
The harasser, racer187x, is one of my two sons just for the record.

He's the kid who I taught to ride. He's also the kid that looped his KX250 out on the way to the start line of a desert race showing the girls how cool he was a few years ago, resulting in a DNS.

Shall I go on?

KenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #2885
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,084
Thumb Whoop! New (used) Jacket!

Like to thank PhilMills for selling me his Fieldsheer 3/4 jacket! It's in good shape, is warm as all get out, got it for a great price, and Phil is a heck of a nice guy! Thanks bud!

p.s. Hope plan B worked out for you and your friends.

Dave
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #2886
jjustj
JUSTAGUYTRYING2STAYDRY

Oddometer: 5,246
its still here tom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile
Jjustj:

Looks great. I'd like to get it. Is it steel or aluminum or what? My plan is to get it blasted, power coated, and make it into an outdoor bench in my backyard. Just had major ankle surgery so on crutches for a bit but can come get it in a few weeks if that works. I assume it's in Dillon?

Tom
its steel the seat portion is aluminum!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #2887
offtheback
Chocolate Starfish

Oddometer: 336
Field Sheer Jacket

I purchased this jacket from another inmate less than a year ago and now I am selling it. Sized XL with a fleece liner. Black on the sleeves is slightly faded and there is no road rash on it, maybe a few bugs but I am going to wash it.. $55 american if you come get it or make it worth my while to deliver it, extra if shipped..

springsyeti at geemail.com
seven one 9 six 4 eight 8724 cell

I am in Colorado Springs

PS sorry about the flash and reflective...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2005 KTM 950 Adventure'96 Tiger (Sold) '06 KTM XC well farkeled(sold) '03 Yamaha WR250F (sold)
offtheback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #2888
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,313
Just posted this in the flea market... Can do a bit better for a local inmate.

Quote:
Corbin seat for KTM 950/990 Adventure

Excellent condition but it does have two very small rub spot/partial tears on the back of the seat were it rubbed against an oversize rack, and another small spot on the side.. Very firm seat, but I find Corbin's very comfortable. Flat, not dished. Slightly lower than stock.

Corbin web site info here.

New price, $379. Asking $270 + shipping.

Paypal or local pickup.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #2889
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,313
And I also listed a bunch of Snap-On and Mac tools. Most of it not metric though...

Quote:
I have a bunch of extra Snap-On and Mac wrenches for sale. These are all top-quality USA made tools from the best tool vendors... I just don't find myself needing extras for SAE/Standard tools these days.
  • Right now, I'm only interested in selling in the lots listed below. The prices shown in black are current new list price. The prices in orange are my asking price for the lot.
  • Actual flat-rate USPS shipping to be added.
  • All tools unmarked/not engraved unless otherwise noted.
  • All tools used, fully functional, ready to work for many more years and years.
  • Paypal only,
  • Additional discounts if you buy multiple lots.

I'm not sure I have the pricing right. If you have feedback on my pricing, too high or too low, please send it as a private message rather than posting your pricing feedback here.

Brand Part number Description List Notes
SO Lot 1 Flare nut wrench set 3 piece $102.70 $62
Snap-On RXFS1214B Wrench, Flare Nut, Double End, 3/8"-7/16", 6-Point $27.25 Excellent, Date code 2001
Snap-On RXFS1618B Wrench, Flare Nut, Double End, 1/2"-9/16", 6-Point $34.50 Excellent, Date code 2001
Snap-On RXFS2022B Wrench, Flare Nut, Double End, 5/8"-11/16", 6-Point $40.95 Excellent, Date code 2000

SO Lot 2 Ratcheting wrench set 3 piece $104.00 $62
Snap-On R2022 Wrench, Ratcheting Box, Standard Length, 0 Offset, 5/8"-11/16", 12-Point $28.30 Very Good, no date code
Snap-On R2426 Wrench, Ratcheting Box, Standard Length, 0 Offset, 3/4"-13/16", 12-Point $30.65 Very Good, no date code
Snap-On R2830 Wrench, Ratcheting Box, Standard Length, 0 Offset, 7/8"-15/16", 12-Point $45.05 Very Good, no date code

SO Lot 3 Combination Wrench lot $156.05 $70
Snap-On OXA100 Wrench, Combination, Short, 5/16", 6-Point $24.65 Very Good, 1956 date code, light engraving
Snap-On OEX140 Wrench, Combination, Short, 5/16", 12-Point $24.65 Very Good, 1984 date code
Snap-On OEX180 Wrench, Combination, Short,9/16", 12-Point $27.25 Very Good, no date code
Snap-On OEX180 Wrench, Combination, Short,9/16", 12-Point $27.25 Good, no date code, some wear marks.
Snap-On OEX16 Wrench, Combination,Standard Length ,1/2", 12-Point $25.25 Very Good, 1986 date code
Snap-On OEX18 Wrench, Combination,Standard Length ,9/16", 12-Point $27.00 Very Good, no date code

Mac Lot 4 Four way angle wrench lot $154.97 $70
Mac DA26 13/16 ANGLE WRENCH $45.99 Excellent
Mac DA28 7/8 ANGLE WRENCH $51.99 Excellent
Mac DA32 1/1 ANGLE WRENCH $56.99 Excellent

Mac Lot 5 Four way angle wrench lot $165.20 $65
Mac DA20 5/8 ANGLE WRENCH $33.95 Very good, older non-full polish, light engraving
Mac DA22 11/16 ANGLE WRENCH $36.25 Very good, older non-full polish, light engraving
Mac DA24 3/4 ANGLE WRENCH $41.50 Very good, older non-full polish, light engraving
Mac DA30 15/16 ANGLE WRENCH $53.50 Very good, older non-full polish, light engraving, Stamped Sabina

Mac Lot 6 $34.99 $25
Mac CL262R COMBO WRENCH STD 13/16 $34.99 Excellent

Metric Lot 7 Metric mixed lot $68.97 $35
Proto 1212M 12mm combination wrench $13.98 Very Good
Mac M14CL 14mm combination wrench $26.99 Very Good
Snap-On OEXM140 Wrench, Combination, Standard length ,14mm, 12-Point $28.00 Very good, no date code

Mixed Lot 8 **Pick one free with each lot above**
Barcalo 3/4 x 5/8 box end wrench Fair
Craftsman 7/16 combination swivel wrench Very Good
Blue Point 5/16 combination wrench Good, light engraving
Billings 1/2 x 9/16 open end wrench Very Good
Cornwell 3/8" angle wrench Good, light engraving
Vandium Tool 3/8" angle wrench Good, light engraving
Old 09-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #2890
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,802
2000 Berg FE 400

Update 09-16-09 Just posted in Flea Market too.

Neighbor is selling his Berg and I figured I would help him and you FF out by letting you know about it. (I know very little about the bike and have never ridden it.)

Here is his he wrote down for me:
2000 Husaburg FE 400
6speed, Dependable, fast.
$2250

Butch 719-290-8073
Colorado Springs

c.vestal screwed with this post 09-16-2009 at 11:55 AM
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #2891
ginslung
It'll take.

Oddometer: 216
Update 9/22: Taking her off the market.

Going to replace a few things, fix some other things, likely break stuff while trying to fix said stuff and then fix all of that and enjoy some nice fall riding in the meantime. Thanks for looking anyway - she might just make a re-appearance here with a fresh coat of bedliner next Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginslung
Time to sell the workhorse.

87 KLR with 27k miles. Bought it in March of 09 and have been using it to commute to work. I've never taken it anywhere seriously offroad, but it knows it's way around in the dirt. PO used the bike mainly for fishing trips and playing around on fire roads. Consistantly gets 55mpg.

Just painted it with black undercoating - not sure why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Farkles on the bike:
- HT centerstand
- HT engine guard with highway pegs
- New 15 tooth front sprocket - helps with the highway RPM's. Will include 14 tooth sprocket
- Galfer Rear Brake Pads (installed in June)
- Halliburton suitcase top box, locking w/key
- Saddleman seat (functional, but rough)
- New petcock
- D-Flex barkbusters
- I doubt the Doohickey has been upgraded, PO wasn't sure and I never got around to it.

Stuff included:
- Galfer Front Brake Pads (new)
- Subframe Upgrade Kit (new)
- Extra set of knobby tires, front has wear, rear is new.
- Random pile of tubes
- Repair manual
- Whitehorse tank guard (new). Tried to install these, but looks like the frame is missing the hole needed to mount them.

The bad:
Bike has seen it's share of fun and has scrapes, dents and the normal beauty marks you'd expect for it's age. What can I say, its a KLR.

Used to have issues with it overheating while sitting on the interstate. A new radiator cap seemed to remedy the situation and it's been fine since.
Every once in awhile I'll see a drop of antifreeze underneath it, but not a noticeable leak.

Clean title. Looking for $1300 or best offer.

Thanks!

Here's a shot of the moon doing it's best to catch a ride, but it's a little hesistant.

Come on moon, let's friggin do this.

I don't know who owns this, it's either James Bond, an arms dealer or just a dirtbag KLR rider who happened to buy a bunch of cheap Halliburton cases off fleabay and then happened to marry a fine woman who would yell at him if he sprung for Jesse bags or Caribou cases when there's a pile of aircraft-grade, waterproof, fireproof, aluminum cases taking up valuable space in the closet.

Fine. You win again you smart, thrifty woman.

Front tire

Rear

ginslung screwed with this post 09-22-2009 at 05:50 PM
ginslung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #2892
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,571
Jeez louise... if I hadn't dropped a couple grand on a tv yesterday I'd buy that KLR in a heart beat. Good luck with the sale.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #2893
StevG57
Rocky Mtn surf patrol

Oddometer: 243
Max, remember Emily the drummer? Well, this is her banker/roadie/father Steve. I've got a R80/7 that I'm getting ready to convert to cafe trim and I'll look forward to keeping up with your project. If you haven't seen this link, check it out. I'm using is as a template cuz I'm just not that creative.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=46625

Drop a note when you can.
StevG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #2894
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Jeez louise... if I hadn't dropped a couple grand on a tv yesterday I'd buy that KLR in a heart beat. Good luck with the sale.

Preparing for hibernation huh?
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #2895
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,571

If it doesn't snow until January y'all can thank me
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote