ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #7021
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
1984 Honda XR500R

NOTE: Bike looks better in person. In the pictures it is really dirty.

STARTING PRICE- 1200. But first 1300 takes it. If i get no offers i will begin to lover my price.

Just went trough a top end rebuild.
Cobra exhaust
Pro taper bars
Bar risers
Skid plate
Original tool (Fender) Bag
Current 2011-2012 registration
Really good set of tires. About 75% back and 65% front.
Just ordered new air filter
All original plastics. Seat has 3 really small holes in it but it is the original seat. Plastics are in good condition.
Smokes a bit due to Oil an the air filter and artificial oil put in the cylinder during rebuild. (New oil filter just ordered from sun honda)
The bike starts on 1st or 2nd kick when its cold. I have it jetted for a higher altitude so if you test drive it don't worry about it bogging down at high RPM. Fresh cleaned and rebuilt carbs.

This bike has a bit of an over heating problem. After about an hour of hard riding if you kill the bike it needs to cool down. But i was riding it for about 4-5 hours straight (Idling in 1st all the way up to highway speeds) and it would have no problem while it was running. For our last camping trip we took it up into Leadville, CO. It had no problem going up to the top of MT. ZION, East Tennessee pass, and going all the way up to SKI COOPER. If you have ridden there you know it is not a easy task.

On the trails in tight woods it could keep up with my brothers 93 KLX650 and my dads 97 XR600R but on straight aways it looses....... Then again it is a 500. I am about 6ft and 165 LBS and I have no trouble throwing this around in the woods and picking it up if it gets dropped.

After Shutting the bike down (If it doesnt start back up) You can push start it (Easily) and it will fire up or you can let it cool down for 10-20 minutes.

Not to sure what the price for it is so PM me with offers or if you need more info/Pictures. May trade for the right toy.

Here is a link to my rebuild thread. It has all the pictures and info you need.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700087
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 03:03 PM
lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #7022
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokey View Post
1984 Honda XR500R

Not to sure what the price for it is so PM me with offers or if you need more info/Pictures. May trade for the right toy.
Flea Market rules require a price posted, even if it's an OBO
Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #7023
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

OK. Post edited
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #7024
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,375
Quote:

This bike has a bit of an over heating problem. After about an hour of hard riding if you kill the bike it needs to cool down.
How many hours since the top end was done? Plenty of heat cycles on it?
It will run a bit toasty while it's breaking in....not sure how you define overheating other than hard to kickstart after being run.

Try going richer on the pilot.

When you get it spiffed up a little, send me some pictures, pm me for my email...I'm shopping and have NO idea what I'm looking for
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #7025
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroZon View Post

I've put my 91 Kawasaki Zephyr 750 up for sale as we're buying a new house (and everybody wants money.) Anyway, I'll pick up another bike next year.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/2523105462.html

I took these photos yesterday, so it looks exactly like this.

The absolute lowest I'll go on price is $2250, so mention ADV if interested.

Oh, and you gotta love Craigslist. In addition to the regular online scam artists, I had a guy come by yesterday and offer me a concrete mixer, a chainsaw, and a 78 Ford F150 that doesn't run but is worth $4k - $5k, according to him anyway. Jeez.
Really nice looking bike! Good luck w/ sale.

Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #7026
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
How many hours since the top end was done? Plenty of heat cycles on it?
It will run a bit toasty while it's breaking in....not sure how you define overheating other than hard to kickstart after being run.

Try going richer on the pilot.

When you get it spiffed up a little, send me some pictures, pm me for my email...I'm shopping and have NO idea what I'm looking for
Its had about 8 hours since the rebuild. My understanding is that for a topend rebuild the break in is about 10 hour's so hopefully it'll work its self out.
My understanding of overheating must be different than most peoples. Haha But I have heard that XR's are hard to kick while they are warm. So this could be the problem as it does bump start easily. Ok tomorrow when I do some work on the carbs I will richen them and adjust the idle.

I will do all the cleaning and tuning it needs and i will PM you in the afternoon.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #7027
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
1984 Honda XR500R

STARTING PRICE- 1200. But first 1300 takes it. If i get no offers i will begin to lover my price.

Cobra exhaust
Pro taper bars
Bar risers
Skid plate
New brake lever
New clutch lever

All original plastics. Seat has 3 really small holes in it but it is the original seat. Plastics are in good condition.
Smokes a bit due to Oil an the air filter and artificial oil put in the cylinder during rebuild. (New oil filter just ordered from sun honda)
The bike starts on 1st or 2nd kick when its cold. I have it jetted for a higher altitude so if you test drive it don't worry about it bogging down at high RPM. Fresh cleaned and rebuilt carbs.

This bike has a bit of an over heating problem. After about an hour of hard riding if you kill the bike it needs to cool down. But i was riding it for about 4-5 hours straight (Idling in 1st all the way up to highway speeds) and it would have no problem while it was running. For our last camping trip we took it up into Leadville, CO. It had no problem going up to the top of MT. ZION, East Tennessee pass, and going all the way up to SKI COOPER. If you have ridden there you know it is not a easy task.

On the trails in tight woods it could keep up with my brothers 93 KLX650 and my dads 97 XR600R but on straight aways it looses....... Then again it is a 500. I am about 6ft and 165 LBS and I have no trouble throwing this around in the woods and picking it up if it gets dropped.

After Shutting the bike down (If it doesnt start back up) You can push start it (Easily) and it will fire up or you can let it cool down for 10-20 minutes.

Also comes with original Muffler, spark arrestor and a manual.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #7028
Turbo
used to be XC700116

Oddometer: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Here's the link to the main Flea Market Thread with all the details.

$4500 OBO

If interested PLEASE PM me so I don't miss your post.

Bump

Reasonable offers will be entertained, also some trades would be considered.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #7029
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
1984 Honda XR500R

Cobra exhaust
Pro taper bars
Bar risers
Skid plate
Current 2011-2012 registration
Really good set of tires. About 75% back and 65% front.

PRICE DROP!!!!!
$1000 Or first $1150 Takes it

Old 08-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #7030
experiment70
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
2005 KTM 300 EXC plated

I'm selling my 2005 300EXC - yep, it's plated. No time to ride, no patience for mediocrity (or worse), and no prospects for improvement on either front for some time. I'm in Boulder if you're inclined to take a look. And I'll get a message faster through the Craigslist email than through ADV. I hope someone can give the old gal more (and more competent) attention than I can.

-Hemingway
experiment70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #7031
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,000
Price drop on the DR650 Corbin, $220 picked up or $240 shipped.

Still have the laptop too, taking offers cash or trade.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #7032
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,741
FS: Kendon Stand Up Trailer

SOLD
Kendon Stand Up Trailer, Dual Rail, 1995.
I have had this 4 years. Great trailer.
Super easy to load.
Super stable.
New Bearing Buddies
New lights.
New castors.
Powder coat peeling off so surface rust started. Cleaned up and chemically treated most all surface rust. Still has some more to touch up under front half. Just surface rust, structure is perfect.
Front of ramps have been bent and put back into place. (pretty good )
Previous owner hauled Road Kings. I have had 2 Super Enduros and a trials bike loaded on it at one time. No issues at all.

$900 SOLD
Located Colorado Springs.

c.vestal screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 04:27 PM
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #7033
Johnny55
Banned

Oddometer: 401
Xr650R parts

Stock gas tank, red, no petcock. Has some stickie stuff from the old stickers but is otherwise in good shape. $40?

Stock spoke sets, front and rear. $10 for all

Stock foot pegs, not bent. $5

Racetech 10.5kg rear spring, .49kg front springs. $100 for the set Will serarate,

UFO rear fender in red, used but in good shape. Has some scuffs and scrapes but nothing bad. Comes with the tail light lense. $25
Johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #7034
The Fist
Knulp

Oddometer: 3,584
2007 KTM 640 Adventure - Real Purdy - DURANGO, CO

(This is for a good friend, Erick Morningstar, who is also an in-mate -- if you're interested, please contact him directly @ (Nine 7 0) SEVEN 4 9 - THREE 8 44)

Let me begin by saying I've seen this bike up close on several rides and it is gorgeous. Erick is an excellent rider and is not someone who is dropping the bike often or abusing it in any way.

That being said, I was there when the bike fell after an off-camber kick-stand fail when he was helping another friend of ours pick up his bike on Imogene Pass...and this is where the tank scuffs come from. This was literally a stand-still drop....

2007 KTM 640 Adventure
$6,000
Located in Durango, Colorado

9,8xx miles
Clean title in hand
Plated in Colorado
Extremely Clean and is a rather rare bike if you ask me
2nd owner - bought it with only 600 miles

All services have been perfomed at the KTM dealer in Durango.
Last oil and valve service was at 9,200 miles.
Jetted for high altitude.

Fresh Dunlop 606 tires with a few hundred miles on them.
New Acerbis Pro Rally handguards.

In full disclosure...

The sight glass on the right side is weeping a tiny bit of oil. Buyer would probably want to take care of that on the next service.

Front Rim has small dent/blemish. This does not affect performance.

A few scratches on both sides of the tank...

The right side scratch was from a tip over on Imogene pass. It was up on the center stand on a hill and fell over.

Left side was from a standing tip over in some single track.

Very hard to let this bike go. For me it has been the ultimate dual sport for Colorado, but I'm looking for something more single-track oriented.

The Fist screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 04:49 PM
The Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #7035
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,853
92 XR600, Plated, ABQ. w/extras

Plated 1992 XR600 in Albuquerque. Just not riding it enough to keep it. 40 hours on rebuilt motor w/ 11:1 Wiseco piston, total seal gapless rings, new Ricky stator for easy starting. Has an older Clarke 5 gallon tank, super-trap exhaust, Tail rack & bark busters. Extras include Acerbis front, rear fender, stock tank, original seat, engine guard, never mounted headlight shroud. MeFo tires- 50% left. All this for $1500.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker screwed with this post 08-16-2011 at 08:51 AM
Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote