ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #8371
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
Anybody have a CRF230 they are thinking about selling?
A friend in Boulder might be interested in selling hers... Send a PM to terradiva.
BuilderScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #8372
LostAussie
Growing Old, Not Up!

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA2go View Post
Can I get some dimensions on these bags? Thanks
Top Bag
14" Wide
8" Tall
7"Deep

Saddle Bags
12" Tall
15" at top 12" at bottom Long
7" Deep

Saddle Bags also have small removable top bags about the right size for a tool kit or spare tubes.

$100

LostAussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #8373
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

2007 Fleetwood E3 Pop-up Toy Hauler

Thought I'd put this here for a few days before it hits CL. This is a great camper and I've really enjoyed using for the past few years but, unfortunately, it's time to down size. It's got all amenities - fridge, toilet, stove, sink, canopy, dual propane, two king-size beds, stereo w/ cd player and ipod jack, high clearance, trailer brakes, fits two full size dirt bikes or one quad... It's awesome. I think the MSRP on this was around $16k.

Google Fleetwood Evolution E3 to get full specs.

Price: $9400 OBO

Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #8374
The Rizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
I'll take the tank and probably the screen too. Pm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityjunky View Post
screens for bikes dr screen, cut down. depending on how its mounted is 6-8" above stock. enough to take the blast off your chest. selling because it makes my flip up helmet even noisier but I love the helmet, so screen goes instead.
$60
(think they are 150 shipped new)

IMS blue tank, some swirls from riding pants and cleaning but other wise in great shape
(however waiting for replacement petcock from Procycle, snagged this petcock for another project should be here in a few days)
$125

pics on bike

Sold, stolen, or totalled: 1997 DR650, 2008 Versys, 2004 525 EXC, 2009 Street Triple, 2005.5 950 Adventure, 2003 DRZ400e, 2000 DR650, 2004 KLR650, 2003 DRZ400s, 2002 DRZ400s, 2003 FZ1, 1998 VFR800, 1996 Ninja 250 race bike, 2000 TL1000R, 2000 ZR7.
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #8375
TimothyCaseTimothy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Posted this awhile ago with no joy...I'm off Thursday (today) and Friday if you want to come check it out...I live right by City Park...

Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy
Just had the "why do we need a truck that big" talk with my future wife...I told her that the only place I'd consider listing my baby was on this forum, since it seems like most people on here are trustworthy and know a fair deal when they see one...

So...here's my attempt at peace at my casa:

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Magnum that has 161,311 (edit: a bit more now, but not much) miles on it as of 6:16pm tonight. I bought this truck in September of this past year and it had 159,778 at that time. As you can see, we don't drive it much. I pretty much send my State Farm rep on vacation when I pay my insurance tab, with a car, truck and two motorcycles, so my/our mileage is spread pretty thin across all of those vehicles.

When I bought I took it to get its emissions done by the lovely people at AirCare Colorado and it passed with flying colors. Next I took it over to a shop to have some work done to make it 100% bombproof here's what I had done:
$replaced the front brake rotors
$replaced the front brake pads with "severe duty" pads to allow for better on and off road stopping capability
$replaced the front drive shaft u-joint
$had an alignment done
$replaced the hinge on the drivers side door

I have the maintenance records from the previous owner, but this thing runs strong, starts easily in the cold and is pretty awesome.

The previous owner installed a BOOMING detachable face Alpine stereo system, complete with custom speakers and subwoofer installed underneath the rear bench seat and an iPod dock hard wired into the glove compartment. This thing is ridiculously loud. It also has two speakers hardwired into the engine compartment that allows you to play very loud animal noises or connect your mic and randomly hassle people on the road. Don't ask... The windows are tinted which allow for an easy get away when playing cow noises while driving past chicks leaving the bars.

Things I've done (besides maintenance to the tune of $1700) to her include adding side steps to the driver and passenger side doors (the truck is kind of tall for the vertically challenged), bought a BRAND NEW color-matched A.R.E. topper with the ultra high rear (bought this to use in conjunction with my mountain bikes, etc.), installed a Bed Rug bed liner which is plush like carpet but takes a beating like Line-X, and have even installed a remote keyless entry and alarm system that works like a charm...and some other misc. stuff that makes the truck a stellar driver, camper, etc.

Heat works great, AC blows cold, haven't used the 4x4 feature, towing package, etc., etc.

Like I said, the truck is sweet, but I'm looking to either trade or sell outright...

For trades, I was thinking anything like a station wagon (Forester, All-Road, Element) or smaller truck...the key here is that it should be a "turnkey" trade, meaning I turn the key and go. You'll get the very same in return. For an outright sale I'd like to get $5500 cash (or check from local, trusted advrider), which I think is fair considering the condition and mods (new topper, etc.). Whatcha got???

If you have something of interest, drop me a PM...I live in Denver proper...

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1093892...eat=directlink

Thanks!

Tim

From 1997 Dodge Ram For Sale: $5500

TimothyCaseTimothy screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 07:51 AM Reason: added phone number
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #8376
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,744
WTB a scooter

My daughter needs something to get around town on. We are thinking scooter. If somebody here has one to sell let me know. BTW, town is metro Denver, CO
2012 FJR1300, 05 R1200GS, 99 ATK490, 1993 Ducati 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Charleetho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #8377
Harpua
formerly josdavlar

Oddometer: 166
2nd dibs

2nd dibs on both if first guy falls thru. pm sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityjunky View Post
screens for bikes dr screen, cut down. depending on how its mounted is 6-8" above stock. enough to take the blast off your chest. selling because it makes my flip up helmet even noisier but I love the helmet, so screen goes instead.
$60
(think they are 150 shipped new)

IMS blue tank, some swirls from riding pants and cleaning but other wise in great shape
(however waiting for replacement petcock from Procycle, snagged this petcock for another project should be here in a few days)
$125

pics on bike
Harpua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #8378
usagi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good starter dirtbike for a 10yr old boy. 50-125cc with a seat height of around 24-28". I'm looking to stay under $500. I can do some work on it myself if need be. He wants a full auto/CVT, but I'm sure I can get him working on the right one if not. I'd also really prefer to have a title, which seems to be hard to find here in NM. Hoping some of you NM locals have a lead or two that's not listed on Craigslist. Otherwise, I may have to go for a new china-bike. Thanks in advance.
usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #8379
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Looking for panniers and a rear rack to fit my 26" commuter bicycle... If anyone has a set sitting around that they'd like to part with shoot me a PM. Nothing fancy needed, just something that will hold some books and a few groceries.

Thanks!
We are on opposite ends of the metro area, but I have a 26" mtn rack you can have for a bomber of wake up dead, but we would need to arrange a drop point. I will be in Castle rock the middle of May, but I expect you need it before then.
Asa
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #8380
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi View Post
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good starter dirtbike for a 10yr old boy. 50-125cc with a seat height of around 24-28". I'm looking to stay under $500. I can do some work on it myself if need be. He wants a full auto/CVT, but I'm sure I can get him working on the right one if not. I'd also really prefer to have a title, which seems to be hard to find here in NM. Hoping some of you NM locals have a lead or two that's not listed on Craigslist. Otherwise, I may have to go for a new china-bike. Thanks in advance.
A friend of mine is selling a Yamaha TTR90 in the Denver area. I know he wants more then $500 though.Email him at kevinstong "at" netzero.net
2012 FJR1300, 05 R1200GS, 99 ATK490, 1993 Ducati 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #8381
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Looking

I am planning a trip to MN and back on my KLR with my 12yo son, so I am in the market for the following:
Decent helmet that would fit a 12yo
Any smaller female gear like pants and jackets. Due to his foot size, I can have him use my boots.
Thanks,
Asatrur
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #8382
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

New enough... err... motorcyclegear.com had some closeouts on smaller helmets.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
I am planning a trip to MN and back on my KLR with my 12yo son, so I am in the market for the following:
Decent helmet that would fit a 12yo
Any smaller female gear like pants and jackets. Due to his foot size, I can have him use my boots.
Thanks,
Asatrur
Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #8383
TimothyCaseTimothy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderScott View Post
Thought I'd put this here for a few days before it hits CL. This is a great camper and I've really enjoyed using for the past few years but, unfortunately, it's time to down size. It's got all amenities - fridge, toilet, stove, sink, canopy, dual propane, two king-size beds, stereo w/ cd player and ipod jack, high clearance, trailer brakes, fits two full size dirt bikes or one quad... It's awesome. I think the MSRP on this was around $16k.

Google Fleetwood Evolution E3 to get full specs.

Price: $9400 OBO

What does your truck have to be rated at to tow this bad-boy?
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #8384
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy View Post

I suppose you could tow it with a 5k tow rating which is fine for flat ground. Fully loaded with all your crap, I was in a vehicle with a 10k tow rating going over I-70 to Moab and it was "ok". Would I tow it with my astro van with a 5k rating? Oh no. With crap on the front, it puts a higher than average load on the ball.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #8385
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy View Post
Thanks MeterPig for posting some specs.

I wouldn't tow it with anything smaller than a half ton or equivalent. The tongue weight empty is about 400# and it has a 600# capacity. With a couple of bikes on the deck you're approaching 1k#.