ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #8476
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,843
Donate to ADV and get cool stuff

HDP Stuff. Pay Baldy, not me.

HDP Trail Tech guard. Help out ADV

Selling a Hiway Dirt Bikes (HDB) aluminum housing for Trail Tech Vapor (and other Trail Tech models) for a $25 donation to ADV. Pay Baldy, not me

http://www.advrider.com/Donate/Donate.html

HDP top clamp for DRZ
This is the 96mm clamp. $20.

Again, donate to ADV and pay Baldy, not me. Honor system I guess.

Or just buy them both together for $40, and yet again, pay the grand Pooba, not me. Make a dontaion to adv you bums.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #8477
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Z71 package $4400/best

I'm helping a friend and future ADVer sell his '99 Tahoe so he can take the proceeds and buy his first dual sport.

The Good:
1999 Tahoe with all the options except sunroof. 166,000 miles, Power everything, leather to wrap your ass in, tow package, brand new Interstate battery, decent tires, ONE FAMILY OWNED since new, well maintained.

The Bad:
Has cracked windshield and you'll want to replace that soon.

PM me. I'll be the one showing the car since he's out of town right now. This is a good, reliable car and would be perfect for seond car, student car or daily driver. Take a look, I have a good feeling they'll be negotiable. "Motivated Seller" as they say.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #8478
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,835
Gaerne SG12 Boots, Size 43

I have a pair of very gently used SG12 boots for sale for $275. They pretty much look new and sell for around $530 out of the box. The size 43 is equivalent to a US men's 9. I'll have pics up later today. They're the black ones with white buckles. I bought them last year, have used them a few times and am switching over to a lighter weight Gaerne boot, the G-Midland. I work in downtown Denver and live in Arvada, and my bf is up in Dillon so there are a number of options for pickup/delivery.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #8479
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
I have a pair of very gently used SG12 boots for sale for $275. They pretty much look new and sell for around $530 out of the box. The size 43 is equivalent to a US men's 9. I'll have pics up later today. They're the black ones with white buckles. I bought them last year, have used them a few times and am switching over to a lighter weight Gaerne boot, the G-Midland. I work in downtown Denver and live in Arvada, and my bf is up in Dillon so there are a number of options for pickup/delivery.
PM sent. I'm looking at the nice yellow, red, green and purple bruise on my shin from Saturday. It's time for some higher boots....
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #8480
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizGirl View Post
PM sent. It's time for some higher boots....
Or ditch the armor in those fancy BMW pants and get some proper knee/shin guards.. Just sayin..

Come to Capt.Rick's BBQ! We miss you
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #8481
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHarry View Post
Or ditch the armor in those fancy BMW pants and get some proper knee/shin guards.. Just sayin..

Come to Capt.Rick's BBQ! We miss you
If I had that armor on I would have been fine! But I'm wearing lighter weight pants for summer that had shorter armor, along with my shorter Sidi Adventures and of course the peg got me right between the two... OUCH!!! So I looked at proper knee and shin guards but I hate the straps on them so maybe it's time for some storm trooper boots!

I'll talk to Rick and see if he is up for a big bike ride that weekend! I miss you guys too!!! You have to come visit northern Colorado!
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #8482
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
SOLD

Icon Infernal Airframe helmet. Got this for a Christmas present last year. I've worn it less than a dozen times as I prefer to wear my MX helmet. My girlfriend has been wearing it when she rides two up with me, but it's too big for her. Anyway, it's in perfect condition. The airframe helmets retails for like $350 and I've seen them on the net for like $275. This one can be yours for $150.

Size: XL (but fits like a large arai)

rtadlock screwed with this post 05-20-2012 at 08:00 PM
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #8483
disgustipated
gnardogshredripper

Oddometer: 107
Hdb?

PM sent on billet protector and top clamp.

Quote:
HDP Stuff. Pay Baldy, not me.
disgustipated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #8484
Coloradical
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Yoshimura pipe for Suzuki DRZ 400

... or we can arm wrestle for it, or whatever.
I don't need the pipe but I'm just wondering if you will accept other feats of strength.

One Legged Elbow Wrestling

See who has the best balance of the bunch with this manly feat of strength. Interlock your right elbows and hold one foot off the ground. First person to drop their foot loses.
Back Wrestling

This feat of strength tests your core, back, and arm strength. Sit on the floor with your back against your opponent’s, knees raised close to the chest. Interlock elbows as shown in the image above. On “Go!” the first person to force their opponent’s right shoulder to the ground wins.
Foot Boxing

This feat tests a man’s stamina and balance. Clasp hands under your right knee and raise it up. Place your toes against your opponent’s toes. Push with your toes and try to force your opponent to lose his balance. First person to unclasp their hands loses.
Up and At Em’

This feat will test the strength of your arms, shoulders, and back. Sit on the floor facing your opponent and touching each other’s toes. Grasp your opponent’s hands or wrists. On “Go!” try to lift your opponent off the ground by pulling back. First person whose butt leaves the ground loses. You can also do this game by holding a stick between you instead of each other’s hands.
Standing Arm Wrestling

Think arm wrestling is a challenge when you’re sitting? Try doing it standing up. Not only do you have to use your shoulder and arm muscles, but you also must use your core and leg muscles to maintain balance. Stand with knees touching and grasp hands as in traditional arm wrestling. First person to force their opponent’s hand all the way down to the right wins.
Elbow Wrestling

Stand facing your opponent with knees touching. Place your left hand behind your back and grasp your opponent’s elbow with your right hand. First person to push their opponent off balance wins.
Indian Leg Wrestling

Opponents lie down on their backs next to each other with their legs pointing in opposite directions. On the count of one, each opponent raises their inside leg to a vertical position. On the count of two, they repeat it. On “three,” opponents lock legs and try to flip each other over backwards.
Indian Staff Wrestling

Opponents stand in front of each other and grasp a staff between them. You can use anything for the staff: broom, baseball bat, large branch, etc. On the signal, each opponent attempts to wrestle the staff from their opponent’s grip. First person who releases both hands from the staff loses.

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/08/21...s-of-strength/
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #8485
lkr57
scooter trash

Oddometer: 169
2007 Kawasaki KLX250S

SOLD tonight via craigslist. Sorry guys, you snooze you lose. I did offer it here first...

I need to do some downsizing so I'm offering up my KLX250 to a new home. I'm the second owner. It never saw dirt with the first owner. He was one of those guys who buys a motorcycle to save gas on commuting. He sold it to me when he moved closer to work (poor guy).
71 Maico MC250
plus a few more...

lkr57 screwed with this post 05-08-2012 at 06:57 PM Reason: SOLD!
lkr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #8486
tgeliot
Topher

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradical View Post
I don't need the pipe but I'm just wondering if you will accept other feats of strength.
Hmm, none of those are done while mounted on a bike, perhaps we need to get inventive here.
1) Coroner's report is to read "Death by misadventure."
2) Dixieland jazz band at my funeral.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #8487
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Quote:

One Legged Elbow Wrestling

See who has the best balance of the bunch with this manly feat of strength. Interlock your right elbows and hold one foot off the ground. First person to drop their foot loses.

Back Wrestling

This feat of strength tests your core, back, and arm strength. Sit on the floor with your back against your opponent’s, knees raised close to the chest. Interlock elbows as shown in the image above. On “Go!” the first person to force their opponent’s right shoulder to the ground wins.

Foot Boxing

This feat tests a man’s stamina and balance. Clasp hands under your right knee and raise it up. Place your toes against your opponent’s toes. Push with your toes and try to force your opponent to lose his balance. First person to unclasp their hands loses.

Up and At Em’

This feat will test the strength of your arms, shoulders, and back. Sit on the floor facing your opponent and touching each other’s toes. Grasp your opponent’s hands or wrists. On “Go!” try to lift your opponent off the ground by pulling back. First person whose butt leaves the ground loses. You can also do this game by holding a stick between you instead of each other’s hands.

Standing Arm Wrestling

Think arm wrestling is a challenge when you’re sitting? Try doing it standing up. Not only do you have to use your shoulder and arm muscles, but you also must use your core and leg muscles to maintain balance. Stand with knees touching and grasp hands as in traditional arm wrestling. First person to force their opponent’s hand all the way down to the right wins.

Elbow Wrestling

Stand facing your opponent with knees touching. Place your left hand behind your back and grasp your opponent’s elbow with your right hand. First person to push their opponent off balance wins.

Indian Leg Wrestling

Opponents lie down on their backs next to each other with their legs pointing in opposite directions. On the count of one, each opponent raises their inside leg to a vertical position. On the count of two, they repeat it. On “three,” opponents lock legs and try to flip each other over backwards.
Indian Staff Wrestling

Opponents stand in front of each other and grasp a staff between them. You can use anything for the staff: broom, baseball bat, large branch, etc. On the signal, each opponent attempts to wrestle the staff from their opponent’s grip. First person who releases both hands from the staff loses.

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/08/21...s-of-strength/
Those all look a little too Streisand for my tastes

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #8488
Coloradical
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeliot View Post
Hmm, none of those are done while mounted on a bike, perhaps we need to get inventive here.
How about jousting?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #8489
tgeliot
Topher

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
How about jousting?

Now you're talkin'.
1) Coroner's report is to read "Death by misadventure."
2) Dixieland jazz band at my funeral.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #8490
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,174
Damn, I wish I had 2500 to get this ride. Sorry things did not work out where I am at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkr57 View Post
I need to do some downsizing so I'm offering up my KLX250 to a new home. I'm the second owner. It never saw dirt with the first owner. He was one of those guys who buys a motorcycle to save gas on commuting. He sold it to me when he moved closer to work (poor guy). Here is a recent photo:

Farkles include:

HMF exhaust with quiet core and spark arrestor
jetted and desnorkled.
Kouba fuel screw
NEW Shinko 244 tires
Utah Sport Cycle skid plate
Ken Sean dual sport mirrors

You get all the stock parts too, and I have a good used set of Avon Distanzias that I'll throw in as well. There are a couple of oil filters, a spare set of levers, a Moose air filter, and some spare jets too.

Current mileage 98xx, had 8000 when I bought it. It's been on Boreas Pass, Sargent Mesa, Rollins Pass (only the legal part!), the Switzerland Trail, and the easy stuff at Lefthand. Nice all-around bike for everything except doing battle on the interstates. I'd keep it if I was still working, but I took an early retirement in March so it's time to cut back a bit.

Inmate "buy it now" price $2500. If you like to haggle the price is $3000. It's not listed on CL or fleabay yet, I wanted to give you folks first shot at it.

If interested shoot me a PM. More details and photos available on request. The bike is in Longmont and I can show it pretty much anytime. Clear Colorado title in my name of course.

Debby
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote