ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #8761
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,971
1996 Honda XR400R

I have a 1996 Honda XR400R trailbike for sale.
I bought it the wiinter before last and have used it minimaly.
It was kinda a buddy bike and really didn't get alot of use.
It has recently been rejetted to help with the altitude here and up in the hills. Not really much else to say about these bikes. They dont really do anything paticulary well but dont fall short much either. Bulletproof Honda air/oil colled engine, all stock except for a IDS Muffler. Decent tires, needs nothing to go ride on your favorite trails.
Come get this out of my shop and use it like it was ment to be.
Bill of sale only, no title.
$1500 OBRO

* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #8762
Assfault
Exposed Member

2006 Honda CBR1000R for sale

OK the time has come to sell the sportbike.
Lots of great memories on this bike, more to come for sure to the new owner. Lots of aftermarket product on this bike. From day one it was destined to be special.
There are really not much stock left on the bike.
Here's the list, undoubtably forgeting some parts
'06 CBR1000RR with 50k miles
Valves checked this winter and adj accordingly
New air filters
New oil and oil filters
Rapidbike module with 2 custom maps
150 HP @ rear tire
Leo Vince slip-on
Sebimoto Carbon/Kevlar Bodywork custom fitted for street use.
Custom Oversize Daytona Fuel Tank extra gallon or so of fuel close to 6 gallons total
Custom Painted Fuel Tank and front fender by Mr. Morse
Black PPG Paint with gold/silver pearl with Clearcoat topcoat
Pitbull steering damper
Pazzo Racing Levers
SBK braided front brake lines
Ohlins Triple Adj rear shock
Front forks/rear shock revalved by Dave Rose
Intergrated rear tailight
Custom Top Triple Tree
Vortex Rearsets
Pirelli Angel St tires 1k use

I went thru this bike from top to bottom this winter when I installed the new bodywork. The bike is running as well if not better than when I first rode it home in late '07.
The bike looks great in it's new clothes, the paint work on the tank and fender give the Kevlar/Carbon bodywork a dark but classy look. This bike presented today has not been rode except for testing and nobody has seen it but a few persons till today. So you will be riding a new to everybody bike, not really my old bike, if you know what I mean. I have clear title in my name ready for transfer to the new buyer.
NADA book is right @ $7500 retail. I am a realist and know that all the aftremarket products making this bike a one of a kind means little to nothing. Additional pics available here http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20for%20Sale/
I am asking $6000 OBRO
Looking for a KTM SE or a KTM 690R for trade

* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*

Assfault screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 11:26 AM
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #8763
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Great story and beautiful bike. I recommend throwing it up on the larger flea market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
I'm looking to upgrade to a KTM SE or 690R
So with that being said, I'm putting my ADV bike up for sale.
It started life with me as a frame and engine shipped freight from Tennessee. I wanted to build a bike from scratch more or less, as this is what I enjoy and keeps me out of trouble for the most part with the missus. I wanted a bike that I could cruise down the interstate with, and then go explore the high mountain passes we have here in Colorado. I added a set of XR400R front end custom sprung and vavled for the addtional weight. I used a lifting link for the rear and a Progressive shock out back to handle the backside duties.
Then the wheels were added, Excels 19/17 on Rad hubs mated by Woodys with OS SS spokes. A Boatman conversion 8" Trailtech high/low headlight keeps the critters at bay in the night. Protection is important when one ventures off the beaten roads, and this example has engine gaurds, radiator gaurds, skid gaurd, HDB heavy duty setup with custom mounted Scotts Damper to keep the front end pointed straight in the rough stuff. I also added a Suzuki rear rack and pannier racks, for mounting the Pelicans I am fond of for storage. A Trailtech dash tells me my speed and I wired in indicators, in the handgaurds front and intergrated in the tailight in the rear, nothing to break off in a tipover. Yes it has been dropped, a few times since I have finished it and started riding it these past two years. The way I built it though, nothing breaks and I pick it up, and continue on my adventure. The bike sounds great, due to the full M4 exhaust system, like a pissed off badger on full tilt. But nice and mellow when in town not to attract attention.
But you will attract attention, as everybody when parked up whants to know what the heck it is, cause it ain't like anything else out there, least not stock. Little attion to details like the X-Lined fuel tank, wider footpegs, cruise control all add up to make the ride just that little bit better. I have a stock speedometer if one wants to hook it back up, but the way it is is light years better IMO.

Dont really know where to price this ADVenture bike, so all in with the three Pelicans I'll ask $6000.

I'm keeping the Spot Tracker and the Garmin GPS and mounts.
Pictures can be veiwed here http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20for%20Sale/

Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #8764
Assfault
Exposed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Great story and beautiful bike. I recommend throwing it up on the larger flea market.
Done already, and thank you.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #8765
Flash412
Elk Biffer

Oddometer: 8,589
Bridgestone BT-020R 200/60-16

$75 OBO

Bridgestone BT-020R 200/60-16 rear tire is barely used at all. (The bike now has different size wheels.)
Plenty of tread left in the center as well as the sides. Waste it away doing burnouts for all I care.

Fits Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 years 2004-2009 among others.

Save $100 or more compared to the cost of a new rear tire.
Contact me to arrange pick-up in or near Fort Collins. Will not ship.
Links to Forty years of my Adventure RIDE REPORTS
Helmet laws interfere with natural selection.
Flash412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #8766
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 630
Dirtbike hitch carrier

not available

bodhizafa screwed with this post 06-29-2012 at 08:13 AM
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #8767
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

MSR stove

MSR stove and a 1/2 used fuel canister. Got a newer stove so no need for this one. Works great. $25 SALE PENDING

bodhizafa screwed with this post 06-13-2012 at 07:45 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #8768
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Trailer Sold

bodhizafa screwed with this post 06-15-2012 at 02:07 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #8769
GSA2go
Banned

Oddometer: 36
I'll take the bike carrier and the msr stove. Pm coming
GSA2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #8770
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,272
Pergo flooring

Have one unopened bundle and a few pieces left over from a flooring job. This is, I think, one step down from Pergo's top of the line and each plank has foam backing which makes a pad optional. It's treated for stain resistance and the pieces click together without glue.
One bundle covers 17.59 sq. ft. and with the extra pieces I think you could figure coverage for just under 18 sq.ft.; perfect for an entryway or closet, etc. I paid about 60.00 per bundle at Lowes.

MrBob screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 08:17 AM
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #8771
Harpua
formerly josdavlar

Oddometer: 166
pergo

i would keep that extra pergo in case you drop something that might damage the floor and would like to replace a plank.

just sayin'.
Harpua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #8772
Jumpin' Jack
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I could use a rear rack for my '84 XL350R if anyone
has one for sale.
Jumpin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #8773
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Anyone have a cx-5 clear windscreen that fits ashoei rf1000 helmet? Need one ASAP.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #8774
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Rotopax Gear FS

Fellas,

My neighbor owns / runs Rotopax and he feeds me some factory seconds now and again--I've got a few right now and I'd like to pass the savings onto fellow inmates.

Here are the prices. Unfortunately, they're not OBO since I make about $2 for running around, posting, and shipping them. Just doing this to hook up other ADV riders.

1 Gallon Factory Second Fuel Tank: $30 (MSPR $50). There is a slight discoloration on the inside of the neck that you'll never notice. I've used these tanks for years w/o issue.

1 Gallon Water tanks (not factory seconds) $25 (MSRP $30). I have 2 in white, and 3 in black. The Black tanks aren't even listed on their website--super cool / rare.

Single Mount packs with mounting hardware (factory firsts): $25

Extensions $15 (MSPR $20) so you can convert from single to double capacity within a few seconds.

Shipping:

I can fit 1 tank and loads of hardware into a medium flat rate Priority box. So, Shipping for 1 tank and 1++ mounts is $12.

I might be able to save you $2-3 if you go parcel post (or want to get a large volume), but that's it.

PM me or email me at davismfg at gmail. That's also my paypal account if you want to pay me directly. I can accept the money as a gift (preferred), or regular goods if you're more comfortable with that. And I dispatch the same day you pay.

Steven
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #8775
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!

Oddometer: 1,698
Laugh F650GS Corbin seat.

I have a good condition Corbin seat for an single cyl BMW F650GS

New the are $439 before shipping.

I'll take $275

http://corbin.com/bmw/f650dakar.shtml

I'll add an actual photo soon.