ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #9031
Ben Rainchild
Motoja

Oddometer: 1
08 klr 650 OEM tank for sale

I'm looking to sell my OEM gas tank(Good) in silver and side Fairing(fair) in black. I put a Safari tank on it and can't imagine why I would ever use it again. I also have the happy trails nerf bars. I may soon be parting with the front Fairing, headlight and dash board. I don't know what to ask($) so make me an offer. The parts are in northern New Mexico.
Ben Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #9032
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Oddometer: 7,561
Slime Power Sport Inflator

It has ten minutes of use. I ordered it from Amazon for 32.95.
While it was running I set it on my gravel driveway where it jumped around enough to scratch the back so I don't think I can return it.
25.00 pickup in Longmont.

MrBob screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 07:12 AM
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #9033
Inane Cathode
Cheated Anion

Oddometer: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
DL1000's are great low cost ADV touring bikes... Super nice for two-up, and although they complain a bit, can actually get through some fairly tricky terrain. But think 'big-pig' BMW R1150GS, not KTM 950.

Smooth power, comfy, nice in the twistys. Way better than a KLR for most higway/back-road/jeep road riding IMHO. Obviously not as good if you get into the gnar, but way more fun to get there.

Tune the EFI a yoshi box (I have one if anybody needs it), put on some DS tires, decent handlebars, KLR footpegs, folding mirrors and you're good to bo!

Pauls tip: Put a skid plate on it BEFORE you go riding with Geek...

I really love it, its just great. I use it for street riding only though, i have an old crappy dirt bike i use offroad. I wish suzuki made a sport touring v-1000. Kinda like a illegitimate love child of a sv1000 and a dl1000.
The problem im having its its a little too practical. I've got a big heavy goldwing for long street trips, and an old crappy dirtbike for off roading, and the vstrom kinda does both those things pretty well so i have no reason to ride anything else anymore. Too practical, if that makes sense. That, and its not 100% stable at +100mph speeds, nothing terrifying, just a little weebly wobbly.
I love the powerplant in it though, floyd hill is hilarious with it, just gets louder instead of slowing down, haha.

Inane Cathode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #9034
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inane Cathode View Post
I really love it, its just great. I use it for street riding only though, i have an old crappy dirt bike i use offroad. I wish suzuki made a sport touring v-1000. Kinda like a illegitimate love child of a sv1000 and a dl1000.
The problem im having its its a little too practical. I've got a big heavy goldwing for long street trips, and an old crappy dirtbike for off roading, and the vstrom kinda does both those things pretty well so i have no reason to ride anything else anymore. Too practical, if that makes sense. That, and its not 100% stable at +100mph speeds, nothing terrifying, just a little weebly wobbly.
I love the powerplant in it though, floyd hill is hilarious with it, just gets louder instead of slowing down, haha.
I was trying to help you pitch it to a potential buyer, not trying to convince you to keep it

pfb screwed with this post 07-27-2012 at 09:40 PM
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #9035
Inane Cathode
Cheated Anion

Oddometer: 4,601
Quote:
I was trying to help you pitch it to a potential buyer, not trying to convince you to sell it
Hah, well. I'm convinced to sell it :P, thats why its for sale
Potential buyer should buy it because it'll do 90 up green mountain, and still take you over some of the gnarlier passes.

Inane Cathode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #9036
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
DL1000's are great low cost ADV touring bikes...

Tune the EFI a yoshi box (I have one if anybody needs it),
Love my 1K Strom but it could use a little tweaking...
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #9037
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpokes View Post
Love my 1K Strom but it could use a little tweaking...
Well I don't get down to Pueblo very often, but if you get up to Denver it's pretty quick and easy to do.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #9038
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,522
Could easily do and ADV'er handoff.

I work downtown, live in Castle Rock and ride to the Springs area a lot....
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #9039
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,028
I get to Denver semi- regularly, I could certainly make a special trip too for such a generous offer. Whatever works for you Pfb!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #9040
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
Brand new dual sport tires 0 miles on them - Would like to sell as a pair

D605 4.6 X 18 Rear
D605 3.00 X 21 Front

I can throw in the tubes as well... $100.00 OBO

PM Sent!!

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #9041
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,438
Set of Heidenaus K60 Scouts for Sale

I've got a set of not even broken in yet Heidenaus for sale:
110/80-19 Front
150/70-17 Rear
approx. 1000 miles on them (I think it's closer to 700 but I'm being conservative)
You can see in the pics they still have the nubbies on them.

I was going to ask $300 for the set since they cost about $320 plus shipping to buy new ($370 ish), but I'll take a hit on them and sell them for $250 to a fellow inmate. I want to sell the pair only and not seperate.

I have a half worn set of TKC's that I will sell together for $350 for all 4 tires - I'll post them up seperately as well.

I'm in Salt Lake City, so local is best - I'll ship them, but you'll have to pay shipping.

Kevin
eight oh one - four five five - ten forty two

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php

KMC1 screwed with this post 07-29-2012 at 12:30 PM Reason: Typo
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #9042
KMC1
There is no spoon.

TKC80's For sale (USED)

I have a set of TKC 80's for sale.
They are about 1/2 worn at this point, with about 1500 miles on them.

110/80-19 Front
150/70-17 Rear

$125 for the pair - I want to sell the pair only and not seperate. See the deal I'm willing to make if you buy the Heidenaus together with these and save some money.

I'm in Salt Lake City, so local is best - I'll ship them, but you'll have to pay shipping.

Kevin

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php

KMC1 screwed with this post 07-29-2012 at 12:31 PM Reason: Same Stupid Typo as on the other ad!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #9043
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Joe Rocket Phoenix Vented Jacket 2XL

I've got a Joe Rocket Size 2XL vented jacket that is in like-new condition.
I lost the liner somehow, so it comes without it.
I do have an Olympia liner that will fit into it (it says it's 4X but I think it's Euro sizing or something as it's NOT a 4X in America! ) and I can throw that into the deal if you want to try to make it work.

Anyway, I think I paid like $150 for it or something a couple years ago, and wore it one time, and it's sat in the closet ever since.

Yours for $50.00.

I'm in Salt Lake City, so local is best - I'll ship it/them, but you'll have to pay shipping.

Kevin

Old 07-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #9044
KMC1
There is no spoon.

2000 STREET LEGAL WR400 For Sale $1500/BO - Salt Lake City

I'm selling my STREET LEGAL WR400 as I don't use it at all. I bought it from a college kid here in town, intending to use it as a trail / play bike as a back up bike, but never use it and it's just sitting.
It has a lot of great little upgrades like a bigger tank, aluminum radiator guards, etc. It's actually a cool bike and it sucks to see it just sitting.
It was firing up with 2 kicks last fall, but I'll pretty much bet it's going to need a tune up / carb clean now from sitting. I have an extra pipe and a different sprocket to gear it down.

I'm asking $1500, but will make a deal for a fellow inmate who will use it rather than have it sit.

I'm in Salt Lake City.

Kevin

Old 07-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #9045
TigerLilly
Rat Catcher

Oddometer: 1,309
Misc BMW, Triumph, DRZ and DR stuff

I'm cleaning out the garage. All of this stuff is negotiable. We will be at RMAR next weekend so if anyone is interested in this stuff I have plenty of room in the truck to bring it.

Triumph Tiger 1050 (mine is a 2009) factory hard side cases in black. With all hardware and instructions. You will need to replace the lock cores. I have instructions for that too. One small scuff on the right side bag where I hit it with my boot. Otherwise perfect. $300

Stock saddle for Triumph Tiger 1050 (2009). No marks or cuts. New. I replaced it with the low saddle as soon as I got the bike. $100

Rear fender and chain guard for a BMW F650GS (2005). No cracks or scrapes just a little dirty. $25. Stock F650GS hand guards. No cracks or scrapes. $10

Stock saddle for BMW R1150GSA (2004). No cuts or scrapes. $100

Stock gas tank for Suzuki DRZ400S. No petcock. No dents or scratches. $20 Stock side panels for DRZ400S (2005). Some small amount of scuffing but no major scratches. $10

Stock fuel tank for Suzuki DR650. (2005). With factory petcock, no dents or scratches. $20

RR Big Bend NP - DEC 2010
RR TL Goes North: Canada June 2011
TigerLilly is online now   Reply With Quote