ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #9406
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
It's parked on my deck with the fairing sections and the valve cover removed while I wait for gaskets. I can't wait to burn some miles.
I had one of those and there are days I do miss her, but the KLR is amazing and my second horse will be a small more nimble DS ride.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #9407
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
FS in Aurora :

2004 Honda CRF 70f - 3 speed auto clutch

Step daughter is getting too big for it and we are out of space in the garage. Owned it for 4 years and put about 10 hours total run time on it since then. Always stored with stabil (blue) recent oil change. NEW front tire!!

Asking $750 cash.
  • Great B-day/Xmas present!!
  • Parent/Child bonding device!
  • Great Pit bike!
  • Emasculate yourself in front of your neighbors! Wee!!!

Pictures from Watkins park 2 weeks ago. I have the front number plate somewhere but I can't remember exactly.
If this were closer, I would L O V E it for my son.
GLWS
Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #9408
KilLeR Kawasaki
Marky A

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
I had one of those and there are days I do miss her, but the KLR is amazing and my second horse will be a small more nimble DS ride.
I bought it from you and sold it. Now I miss it. Good Bike.
Colorado Dual Sport Riders
KilLeR Kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #9409
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,089
This bad boy weighs in just under 5lbs. Your stock pipe weighs in at 14 lbs. I just repacked this pipe with "performance" packing and have a bunch of extra to send along with it.

$275

Comes with a "quiet" insert installed.

The bad, it has some scuffs that I tried to take some photos of. Also, when I repacked it, FMF decided to glue the can to the pipe which meant getting a drift out with a hammer which left marks. It doesn't affect function, just if you look really close, one can see it. The stickers come off with a power washer, but the part number on the pipe shows it's a "Q".

It really is a fairly quiet pipe. I got a line on a stock gixxer pipe and now and going to go through the pain of fabbing it all up. If you get this pipe, I recommend getting the power bomb with it as well. The combo really wakes up the DR. You will need a high temp RTV to mate this up to your head pipe.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #9410
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 404
Found the FCR! Thanks a lot.

Looking for an MRD/SSW and maybe some other DRZ accessories depending on what they are.
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #9411
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 825
Hot Cams 7.48 Shim Kit

I have a Hot Cams 7.48 Shim Kit - used a couple out of it but no longer need it - asking 45 (two containers 1.2 - 2.4 and 2.45 - 3.5)

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #9412
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 404
I could also use a lift. I'd much rather give another rider money instead of Harbor Freight.
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #9413
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,490
2009 Yamaha XT 225

I'm selling this for a good friend. She bought it new, and put 330 miles on it, and then stopped riding. She had one small get off that left some scraped up plastics and scared her a bit; It comes with new replacement plastics, but they are not on the bike. The carb was gummed up from sitting; I just removed/cleaned/reassembled the carb, so it is spotless now. The battery was just replaced. It has a few add-ons like larger pegs, bar risers, Moose bark busters, and a nice rear rack. Runs well; just like every XT I've ever ridden. Virtually a new bike.

Asking $2500. Located in Salida.

Scrape on tank:

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #9414
WildTurkey
Beast Master

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
I'm selling this for a good friend. She bought it new, and put 330 miles on it, and then stopped riding. She had one small get off that left some scraped up plastics and scared her a bit; It comes with new replacement plastics, but they are not on the bike. The carb was gummed up from sitting; I just removed/cleaned/reassembled the carb, so it is spotless now. The battery was just replaced. It has a few add-ons like larger pegs, bar risers, Moose bark busters, and a nice rear rack. Runs well; just like every XT I've ever ridden. Virtually a new bike.

Asking $2500. Located in Salida.

If this had shown up before our RMAR trip I would have it sitting in my garage for MrsTurkey.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #9415
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,500
Buy it for her, there's still some room in my shop......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #9416
markamazing
That didn't hurt!

Oddometer: 1,005
520 chain

I have a NIB 520 x 108 Parts Unlimited chain w/ master link for sale, $50. paid more.
too wide, rubbed on engine case, I noticed this prior to install.
Mark9702220670
markamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #9417
Virtual Farmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
R1150GS Service Parts available

All,
Last summer I replaced my 2002 R1150GS with a 2011 R1200GS, and this weekend as I was cleaning out my garage I ran across the following items for the R1150 that I'm willing to sell//trade to a good home.
- New in the box BMW Oil Filter
- New in the box BMW Fuel Filter
- several (a dozen?) new crush washers

I'll also throw in a slightly damaged left valve cover as well. Not really looking to make any money I just want them to go to someone that can use them. If you're outside my local area (Denver) pay for shipping and/or trade me for a R1200GS oil filter and they're yours.
Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #9418
ILikeToThump
I'll Ride Anything.......

Oddometer: 704
Triumph Retro Style Leather Jacket Barely Worn in Albuquerque

More gear whore sell off!

I bought this a few years ago and wore it maybe 5 times. I don't know if I would consider this a "safety jacket" per se. It does NOT have armor in it but is double leather at the shoulders and elbows. No scrapes or scratches I can find on it. I know it ran over $400 new. It is a size 48/58 euro but I was a 46 chest when I bought it. I have longer arms and maybe that is why I bought the larger size. Now I have lost over 40 pounds and it just hangs on me so "if it doesn't fit it leaves the house"!

The liner is NOT removable and there are no vents so it is for sure a 3 season jacket. You would bake in the Summer in this.

It is a very nice looking jacket and has an accordion style leather waist in the rear to accommodate "rounder" bellies.

I will sell the red retro beast for $200 delivered to the lower 48. I will sell it for $175 if no shipping is involved!

Questions hit me up!!!

Click on each picture below for larger pics!!!!

I will consider trade for something in a LARGE (44 or 46 maybe) sized riding jacket. Let me know what you have.

Thanks, Bucky
"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. "
Adrian Rogers, 1931
ILikeToThump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #9419
NMBurro
Numbnutz

Oddometer: 27
06 Triumph Speed Triple Albuquerque $5k

">"> Around 20,000 miles, Arrow pipes, new Michelin Pilots, LSL, Renthal, Pazzo, Mobil 1 full syn every 3k, maintained by factory trained mechanic. Amazing machine, just riding my WR250R a lot more. Won't be sad if it doesn't get any bites, so price is firm. If you've never ridden one, it is one of the great powerplants, for the sound alone! No test ride without cash in hand, and cash only for sale. Clear NM title currently lives at credit union. Still owe a bit.

Steve
NMBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #9420
Alti Tude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Tool sale!

Got some tools I haven't used in a long time, and wont be needing. I bought these a while back for a basement remodel project and haven't used them much at all since.

SOLD First a Dewalt 4 tool set. 18V, includes the DW997 hammer drill, DW938 reciprocating saw (excellent for trimming trees), DW936 trim saw, and DW919 light. Includes the charger but no batteries, tools are all in great shape and work as they should. Includes some spare blades for both saws. $100

Sold Next up is a Dewalt DW911 radio, in excellent condition. AM/FM plus an aux input. Also functions as a charger. Spent most of its life on a shelf in the
basement. $50.00

Last up is a Remington 496 nail gun. This uses a 27 caliber round to drive nails through pretty much whatever you want to drive them through. Kicks like the handgun it is. I used it to set footers in the basement and its sat since. Excellent condition, works great and comes with some spare ammo plus the cleaning kit and documentation. $50.00

Alti Tude screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 10:45 AM
Alti Tude is offline   Reply With Quote