ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #9496
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzergod View Post
Helping out a friend;

Hello, my name is John. A few years ago I wanted to regain my youth and was convinced that a 2008 KTM 530 EXC-R (with the better made euro-rotax) was the way to go if i wanted to hang with the cool kids. I bought it, upgraded the seat, added a larger tank, and a cool carbon fiber skid plate. It has 271 miles spread over 10.9 hours of use. I used it to chase sheep on the Navajo Nation and only took it a couple times up into the mountains. If you are familiar with these bikes, you need to know what you are doing, especially in the mountains, or pay for angering the KTM Gods! I have gone over the bars twice but the bike only has some minor scrapes on the hand guards and bar ends and the bars/levers are not bent. Now, before any of you poo-poo my wanting to get rid of such a sweet bike, my GS1150, & Triumph cafe get the lions share of my riding time and there is a CB cafe project and a Ural in the shop needing attention. As was once said, "A man has to know his limitations". Mine is in the wallet that is needing to be spread over my shop full of projects. I simply don't ride this bike enough and it deserves a home where it will be fully utilized. It is currently plated/licensed in Colorado and I just got the title from my bank. Since it is in like new condition, I'm asking $6400 obo. Money talks (in person) and I am not hooked up to anything but my cell phone, so no emails or texts. I won't respond to them. Bike is located in Mancos, CO. No trades, unless you have a running Vincent or Triumph, then I might consider it. I'd rather be doing the Ton than the Divide! Thanks!

John - 970799244Five

Somebody restrain me.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #9497
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy_Holly View Post
Somebody restrain me.
Do it!

I may be a bad influence though.
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #9498
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy_Holly View Post
Somebody restrain me.
The best that you will get from any of us is the Indian pony paint job. That is two hand prints on your ass pushing you toward your next bike.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #9499
aerospacescott
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Chaps!

I have a pair of chaps that i bought years ago, then realized chaps are somewhat pointless....doesn't help much in rain and protection-wise, it's missing protection over my most concerned with part....anyways, on CL for $50, would let them go for beer or trades if anyone had a need for them.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3285911426.html

aerospacescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #9500
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,569
Chaps are not pointless,,,,,,,, They are ass-less.

JK: Those look like nice ones. I had several pair in a past life.

Marc
Old 09-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #9501
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,398
Still have them, use them when on the horse, in the back country hunting, moving cows etc. Never really saw a use on a bike.
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #9502
Giggity

Oddometer: 742
:ymca

[/QUOTE]
Giggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #9503
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospacescott View Post
I have a pair of chaps that i bought years ago, then realized chaps are somewhat pointless....doesn't help much in rain and protection-wise, it's missing protection over my most concerned with part....anyways, on CL for $50, would let them go for beer or trades if anyone had a need for them.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3285911426.html

Are they ass-less?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #9504
Krang
Rides with hippies

Oddometer: 371
They are.

But usually if you're wanting them for some sort of play you want an even larger area cut out in the back.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #9505
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,252
Bumpity bump bump...now is a great time to visit the San Juans, colors are beautiful..$1100 to inmates? Anyone? Its been on rides with Enduro-ince and Mylsmkj, that's value right there! Really want to avoid the craigslist debacle and find someone who appreciate the bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650R for sale
$1300 FIRM
This has been a good bike, but it is just not getting used anymore, could use a new home, someone to love on it again.
The good-motor was rebuilt about 500 miles ago (approximate, speedo broke, but does have a new Vapor in box, uninstalled). OEM piston, but cylinder was resleeved by LA Sleeve to a boreable sleeve, not Nikasil lined, so if you want to go for a bigger piston, you can do so easily. An APE manual cam chain adjuster was added at that time, as well as new timing chains. Valves were adjusted recently. Bars are renthals, CR high bend i believe, much narrower and straighter than stock. New CDI, coil and voltage regulator last summer. Pro Circuit T4 exhaust. 13 tooth up front. Seat was recovered and an inch of foam added, so it is pretty comfy. Rear rim has heavy duty spokes. New tires. Fork seals were done last summer and it hasn't been riden since then. Titled and was last plated in 2010. I did notice the title lists the model as KLR, but the VIN matches. Maybe that is why it passes through the system easily? I do have an extra rear wheel and stock exhaust to go with it.

The bad-missing a few body bolts (front lower radiator shrouds, one bolt on right rear panel is broken off and needs to be tapped). Needs a new brake light switch and a headlight bulb. Front brake feels soft, probably just needs bled. The tank mount tab on the frame needs to be rewelded. I currently has a bungy, the seat bolt and body bolts holding it on, been like this since i got it, so not a major deal. Carb just got adjusted, had been leaking a bit, float adjusted, all good now. Rims have some dings, but it still rolls fine. It plays in rocks, wasn't too worried about perfect rims. Chain should probably be replaced soon. As you can see, a lot of this is easy stuff, just needs a new home and some shop time.

I think that covers it. I wantto be honest, probably to a fault, about condition so expectations are met, but whoever buys it will get a good bike that can run with an XR650R off road just fine. I have done a lot of singletracking with it, around the San Juans and Moab and it gets it done. The low gearing makes it a tractor! PM me with any questions. I can drive a little to help with the sale, but that would need to be at a convenient time. I live in Telluride, so good reason to come down here anyway, it's beautiful this time of year!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #9506
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 418
Oh don't tempt me! I've wanted a KLX since I got my KLR, if for no other reason than I enjoy thrashing my KLR but the suspension sucks.

Good luck with your sale!
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #9507
aerospacescott
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
They are....and don't even think about asking for pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
Are they ass-less?
aerospacescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #9508
GJohnson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Front and read wheel set KTM 530excr

Black RAD wheel set 21 front 18 rear including disc front and rear. These wheels are like new and have no dents and are true. Maybe a total of 300 miles of use. $400.00 for the set. Can email pics if you want. Located in Lyons but I work in the metro area if you want to check them out.
GJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #9509
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospacescott View Post
They are....and don't even think about asking for pictures!

Sung to the tune of Give Peace a Chance.

"All chaps are assless,
Or else they'd be pants!"

UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #9510
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohnson View Post
Black RAD wheel set 21 front 18 rear including disc front and rear. These wheels are like new and have no dents and are true. Maybe a total of 300 miles of use. $400.00 for the set. Can email pics if you want. Located in Lyons but I work in the metro area if you want to check them out.
PM sent
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote