ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #9526
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Just for kicks how much for the CRF?
HDB wants pfb's CRF ASAP.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #9527
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Just for kicks how much for the CRF?
I don't know squat about CRFX pricing but was planning on doing a bit of research and coming up with something fair. Also, it might be a 2005, need to double check. It's plated/titled as well, saving the new owner the hassle.

[...a momementary pause while pfb does a quick search of Denver Craigslist...]

A super quick search of craigslist shows 250X's going for $3,200-$3,800? Seems like those might be pretty healthy asking prices, I'll check around a bit more.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #9528
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Great... all these cool KTMs come on the market AFTER I buy the DRZ
Shoulda waited! I predict DRZ on the market next summer?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #9529
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
HDB wants pfb's CRF ASAP.
Just got a text from Shearboy asking if the 500 was too much for me!

Still wishing my washy looking for a bike for a 14yo going on 5'9", something I can detune and something she can grow into.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #9530
Special Purpose

Oddometer: 5,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by 309 View Post
After a season on this awesome bike I'm hooked on mountain biking. I like this bike a ton, but it's slightly small for me and I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm looking for $1200. Size is medium.

Folks, I've got a new bike in the garage, and this one has gotta go. I'm only offering it here at this price...

$1000.00 takes it home. This is a killer deal on a killer bike. Less than I paid with the some significant new parts.
309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #9531
norton(kel)
vintage

Oddometer: 1,045
Scott1911

Pm sent on tank bag, Jim
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #9532
ILikeToThump
I'll Ride Anything.......

Oddometer: 709
2006 Ninja 650 One Owner for $2000 W/6600 MILES

This is NOT a beat all to heck salvage bike! There is NO damage to the frame, radiator, tank (other than the damage I refer to below from adjusting the handlebars too low), engine or any other control surfaces. It has a little dent in the exhaust you can see in the pics from the brake lever being shoved into the side of it. That is the extent of the remaining damage! It has 6600 miles and runs great. It was damaged on the right hand side clutch cover and the right side plastics. Since it was a hit and run I had to repair it out of my pocket so I decided to make it a naked street-fighter style since the plastics are so expensive! It is nothing radical and made custom mounts and used the stock headlight and all gauges and controls. I have customized a small windscreen to cover the gap from the gauges to the headlight so it doesn't look so open. The tank is almost perfect except where some idiot (me) adjusted the handlebars where they hit the tank and put little dimples on both sides where the handlebars hit it. It has a new clutch cover on it as well as a new battery, turn signal, new front Michelin radial tire and other parts. It has $500 worth of new parts in the last few months getting it going again. It still has it's rear fender and such but can be removed if you want a true street-fighter look! My old neck and back means the stock handlebar is still on it as well. Many people put low bars on for a more sporty look and feel! It has aftermarket mirrors which have LED turn signals built into them!

It has been babied and is owned by a 50 year old guy so it still has to be comfortable! One owner and garaged! I also just completed a full oil change and brake fluid change as well. It runs, starts and rides perfect. It is black with a red frame that always draws attention. This is a lot of bike for the price! I just need to get rid of one of my bikes because the garage is overflowing! I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon. If you are serious about a motorcycle this will be a GREAT deal for someone!

NO TRADES! I need the garage space!

I will sell her for $2000 firm. I need the garage space so it must go!

Click on all the pics below to see large pictures taken today!

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. "
Adrian Rogers, 1931
ILikeToThump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #9533
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeToThump View Post
This is NOT a beat all to heck salvage bike! There is NO damage to the frame, radiator, tank (other than the damage I refer to below from adjusting the handlebars too low), engine or any other control surfaces. It has a little dent in the exhaust you can see in the pics from the brake lever being shoved into the side of it. That is the extent of the remaining damage! It has 6600 miles and runs great. It was damaged on the right hand side clutch cover and the right side plastics. Since it was a hit and run I had to repair it out of my pocket so I decided to make it a naked street-fighter style since the plastics are so expensive! It is nothing radical and made custom mounts and used the stock headlight and all gauges and controls. I have customized a small windscreen to cover the gap from the gauges to the headlight so it doesn't look so open. The tank is almost perfect except where some idiot (me) adjusted the handlebars where they hit the tank and put little dimples on both sides where the handlebars hit it. It has a new clutch cover on it as well as a new battery, turn signal, new front Michelin radial tire and other parts. It has $500 worth of new parts in the last few months getting it going again. It still has it's rear fender and such but can be removed if you want a true street-fighter look! My old neck and back means the stock handlebar is still on it as well. Many people put low bars on for a more sporty look and feel! It has aftermarket mirrors which have LED turn signals built into them!

It has been babied and is owned by a 50 year old guy so it still has to be comfortable! One owner and garaged! I also just completed a full oil change and brake fluid change as well. It runs, starts and rides perfect. It is black with a red frame that always draws attention. This is a lot of bike for the price! I just need to get rid of one of my bikes because the garage is overflowing! I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon. If you are serious about a motorcycle this will be a GREAT deal for someone!

NO TRADES! I need the garage space!

I will sell her for $2000 firm. I need the garage space so it must go!

Click on all the pics below to see large pictures taken today!

Very, very nice!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #9534
kbob999
Red Rider

Oddometer: 131
might be a little rich...

http://www.bikefinds.com/2006-honda-crf250x-for-sale
Depending on how sorted, it might be fair. Most though are less (see link above). Bikefinds is a great website

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
I don't know squat about CRFX pricing but was planning on doing a bit of research and coming up with something fair. Also, it might be a 2005, need to double check. It's plated/titled as well, saving the new owner the hassle.

A super quick search of craigslist shows 250X's going for $3,200-$3,800? Seems like those might be pretty healthy asking prices, I'll check around a bit more.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #9535
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,014
Quote:
Folks, I've got a new bike in the garage, and this one has gotta go. I'm only offering it here at this price...

$1000.00 takes it home. This is a killer deal on a killer bike. Less than I paid with the some significant new parts.
3 months and a broken collar bone ago, I totally would have bought this.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #9536
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,669
Quote:
$1000.00 takes it home
Sweet bike. Why can't it be a large?
DakarNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #9537
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,706
Quote:

If I hadn't just bought a motorcycle...

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #9538
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,964
That Ninja looks a little grumpy without it's plastics. Damn pareidolia.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #9539
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
If I hadn't just bought a motorcycle...
printprintprintprintprintprintprintprintprintPRINTPRINTPRINT

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #9540
Hayduke