ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #9676
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,026
Trailtech X2 HID $250
Used one season, scratched up and dirty but fully functional.

Baja Designs 4" Fuego "HID Driving" $240
Blue trim ring and poly protector.
Used for testing not used on a bike, excellent condition. link

I will update this post as items sell. If you still see it, it's still available. I take paypal, cash, and checks. I will ship (UPS only) to anywhere US (no Canada sorry) you pay actual shipping plus $10 for me to find a box and pack it up.

These items will stay exclusive to Rockies FM until Monday night. Then they go up on global ADV FM.

Please PM if you want something so we don't clutter up the thread with "dibs" posts. I won't be able to hold items for people, sorry

ganshert screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 07:25 PM
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #9677
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,026
oh, and a couple of non motorcycle items...

iPhone 4 AT&T $250
GF upgraded to 4S, this was hers, no scratches. Comes with everything that came with it new.

Sony Alpha 5 $300
Minor cosmetic damage to front of lens ring and back top of body, was dropped on asphalt
I used it for a year after the drop and never had a problem.
Comes with 3 batteries, flash attachment, 4G card, wall charger, car charger, strap, and pelican case.

TV stand metal and black glass $60
perfect condition

Same deal as above post on shipping.

ganshert screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 06:47 PM
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #9678
Special Purpose

Oddometer: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 309 View Post
After a season on this awesome bike I'm hooked on mountain biking. I like this bike a ton, but it's slightly small for me and I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm looking for $1200. Size is medium.

OK, so this is still for sale. How's this? For an inmate, $1000 with a newly rebuilt Rock Shox Reverb dropper post and a set of Syncros pedals.

Seriously, I'm ready to see this go and this is a hell of a deal.

The parts list:

Parts List:
Rockshox Lyrik fork with mission control damper
Fox Float R shock
Avid Code R front brake
Brand new Shimano XT rear brake
SRAM x7 derailleur
MRP bash guard
Sunline v-one stem
Funn fatboy bars
SDG saddle
Race Face seat post - and a Reverb dropper post!
Commencal front wheel
Mavic 321 rear wheel with Sun hub
Syncros pedals
309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #9679
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
If you've ever thought of getting into bike trials...

Simtra ST1 trials bicycle - Complete and ready to ride - $900

Hope Pro II front hub
Chris King SS rear hub
Alex rims
Holzfeller cranks on Howizter BB
Avid BB7 brakes (arguable some of the best for trials, simple and powerful)
No dents, no dings, just scratches

Ask ateam (a member here from NM), this is a perfect beginner frame! It is capable of handling the abuse of someone rising on the learning curve and beyond...bike trials frames are considered consumable but this is one of the few frames that no one's ever reported breaking. As far as geometry and handling goes, that is also great for a beginner because the bottom bracket height is fairly low for the trials world. The only downside is that it isn't quite as light as the newest competition trials bikes but those same frames are fragile compared to this beast. Really, the only downside for a trials beginner on this bike is the vulnerability of the disc brakes...but most beginners won't really be doing things that expose them to risks you can't avoid with a little common sense. You'd be a lot more worried about smashing the discs if you were a pro! The disc brakes are easy to play with if you're coming from a MTB background whereas the hydraulic Magura brakes of most trials bikes can be a pain to work with and you generally have to grind the rims (high maintenance) for proper stopping power.

The only thing that has helped me develop as a rider more than riding bike trials has been putting as many miles on my motorcycles as possible. Trials really tunes your sense of motion, body position, coordination, distance judgment, and especially your endurance. The same could be said about mountain biking I guess...but trials has this unique draw about it for me. It's some super advanced stuff that you just don't see everyday.

Here's a great trials video to spark some curiosity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHayGJGc0E

I have another bike that I prefer. I'm selling this because I don't need it and want people to ride with! I can't ride two bikes at once!

PM me if you're interested.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #9680
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Dibs, I also live in Lakewood.

PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Available again -

Cycra Probend CRM Handguards, black shields, and 7/8 bar mounts.

I removed these from my KLX450R - they will work with either a 7/8 bar (current mounts) or could be used with a fat handlebar if you bought the 1 1/8 bar mounts.

There is some slight scratching on the covers from the previous owner but it's not too bad.

Cycra had them listed as a kit for $129.95 + shipping, so how about $60.00 cash?

I'm in Lakewood/Denver and can meet you somewhere along the front range (I'd rather not ship them at this time). Please send me a PM AFTER you call dibs on them here.

Thanks!

Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #9681
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,616
Heck yea. I had many wet dreams back in the day for this exact frame. Chris King, Alex rims, Holzfeller cranks on Howizter BB, Avid BB7 brakes. FFFKKK. This is uber tuff and stupid strong. I don't know who this is (Rampart?) but I will say the Simtra frame is one of the best ever made. Christian Simtra was doing a great business out of Canada and the economy went south. I think he still makes MTB frames. My son has been riding a Simtra mod for 4 years. My son is a basher as am I, no issues what so ever with the frame or the bike.

Mod Simtra

Good luck with sale. Perfect newbie bike. You really should keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
If you've ever thought of getting into bike trials...

Simtra ST1 trials bicycle - Complete and ready to ride - $900

Hope Pro II front hub
Chris King SS rear hub
Alex rims
Holzfeller cranks on Howizter BB
Avid BB7 brakes (arguable some of the best for trials, simple and powerful)
No dents, no dings, just scratches

Ask ateam (a member here from NM), this is a perfect beginner frame! It is capable of handling the abuse of someone rising on the learning curve and beyond...bike trials frames are considered consumable but this is one of the few frames that no one's ever reported breaking. As far as geometry and handling goes, that is also great for a beginner because the bottom bracket height is fairly low for the trials world. The only downside is that it isn't quite as light as the newest competition trials bikes but those same frames are fragile compared to this beast. Really, the only downside for a trials beginner on this bike is the vulnerability of the disc brakes...but most beginners won't really be doing things that expose them to risks you can't avoid with a little common sense. You'd be a lot more worried about smashing the discs if you were a pro! The disc brakes are easy to play with if you're coming from a MTB background whereas the hydraulic Magura brakes of most trials bikes can be a pain to work with and you generally have to grind the rims (high maintenance) for proper stopping power.

The only thing that has helped me develop as a rider more than riding bike trials has been putting as many miles on my motorcycles as possible. Trials really tunes your sense of motion, body position, coordination, distance judgment, and especially your endurance. The same could be said about mountain biking I guess...but trials has this unique draw about it for me. It's some super advanced stuff that you just don't see everyday.

Here's a great trials video to spark some curiosity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHayGJGc0E

I have another bike that I prefer. I'm selling this because I don't need it and want people to ride with! I can't ride two bikes at once!

PM me if you're interested.
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #9682
Tread
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
2009 KTM 450 exc

Selling one of my bikes. This one is on Craigslist for $4990 but there is some room for negotiation. 303-709-2230

Link to craigslist ad

2010 BMW R1200GS
2015 KTM 350exc
Tread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #9683
brad1098
/\ dumb

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1098 View Post

Every man cave needs a good hide a bed for those dog house days

Last day before they get hauled to Illinois. Couch and chair make an offer we cant refuse. Origionally posted at $750
Desk $80
Old Town just across from Hotel Albuquerque
brad1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #9684
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
FS:05-09 Offical Honda 450X shop manual

Barely used and in great condition.

Amazon has them new for $57 shipped.

I am asking $30 shipped.
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #9685
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Chevy GMC and Honda wheels rims

I have some older wheels for sale.

GM, Chevy, GMC 15 in. steel rims. 5 bolt pattern, fit most Chevy and GMC trucks, vans, and SUVs, including Suburbans and Tahoes They came from a 1994 Safari (Astro) van, but will fit most Chevy 5 bolt patterns from 1980 on up. They are also very common on trailers. These are in good shape. $50 for all 4.

GM, Chevy, GMC 15 in. alloy OEM rims with bolt covers. 5 bolt pattern, fit most Chevy and GMC trucks and vans. They came from a 1999 Chevy Suburban, but will fit most Chevy 5 bolt pattern from 1980 on up. Two of the wheels have some corrosion damage under the finish. The wheels come with bolts, and have 10 year old worn out Michelin tires on them, which should be replaced. $100 for all 4, which is a bargain. Dress up your trailer.

Honda 13 in. 4 bolt alloy OEM rims, 4 x 100 mm pattern, 40 mm offset. Fits most 1970s 1980s and early 1990s Honda Civic, Accord, Prelude, and CRX that came with 13 in. rims, and a few that came with 14 in. rims, such as the CRX Si. If your Honda is year 1999 or later and came with 14 in. tires, these will probably not clear the front brake caliper. These are very light rims, in fair shape, with (non-matching) center covers. I used them when autocrossing my 1986 Honda Civic Si, they were the hot setup for these cars. $60 for all 6.

I live in Fort Collins. PM me or call me at nine seven oh, too won seven, to won six seven, or leave a text message or voicemail.
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #9686
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentjo View Post
Dibs, I also live in Lakewood.

PM Sent
Handguards are gone-

Great to meet you Wentjo!

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #9687
Hondo

Trailtech Endurance Computer/SPeedometer

SOLD PF

I have a gently used Trail Tech Endurance Computer for $30. (New is approx $60 + shipping)

I replaced it with a Trailtech Striker.

The unit comes with it's sensor pickup cable & mount, and I will include the Striker's new magnets, clamps and other hardware that came with it (I mounted the Striker in a Highway Dirt Bikes aluminum mount so I didn't need any of the hardware that came in the package). They should work fine with the Endurance. I did use the Strikers self tapping screw to mount the pickup to the KLX450R's front caliper, so you'll have to buy one from a hardware store.

It looks just like this -

More info HERE

Please call "DIBS" in this thread and send me a PM to arrange a meetup along the front range. I don't want to ship this at this time.

Thanks!

Hondo screwed with this post 10-13-2012 at 10:43 PM
Old 10-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #9688
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Anyone in the market for a Honda Fit?

My family and I are moving and we no longer need this great car for commuting.

Link

The price can be negotiated for FF's. I would rather this car to someone who will take care of her. She has been an amazing car.

Chris in NM
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #9689
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Handguards are gone-

Great to meet you Wentjo!
Likewise! Let's hit up some trails sometime. Thanks again.
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #9690
Hondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by =o&o> View Post
"DIBS" -- PM sent.
The Endurance is =o&o>'s