ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #10141
airjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
2008 530 xcrw

Located in Grand Junction, CO, but will consider hauling it 200 miles in any direction to facilitate buyer.
If you are looking for a reliable, well taken care of, do-it-all bike; This is it.

Gutz tall seat.
Scott grips
Acerbis rally protectors
Newer; Bridgestone M404 rear
New axle bearing F and R
New Fork seals
Suspension Mods:
Reduced rake, revalve and pro springs. 180 - 200lb rider.
New Showa battery.

In Colorado, it will need DOT tires, a mirror and a horn to be plated. I've done this before and it is not difficult and definitely not worth a 200 page thread to explain it.
All basic maintenance has been completed by myself or KTM Aspen. It's a reliable, rock solid machine, but am looking at a 08 990s and I can't have both.

Having trouble adding photos, so PM me and I'll email to you.

Asking $4300.

airjammer screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 01:39 PM
airjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #10142
LC4Dakar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
2005 Plated KTM 525 MXC

I have a line on a good deal for a 690 Enduro, so I am reluctantly putting this up for sale.

It is plated in New Mexico off of the MSO. Minimum street equipment-worthless headlight, tail light, and brake light that only works on the rear brake. No horn, turn signals, etc.

This was Tim at Badlands Baja pre-runner. He had just gone through it and told me it needed nothing. I haven't had to do anything but water pump seals and maintenance. I bought it off him about 4 years ago and have changed the oil every 500-600 miles.

He did a full suspension job on it for a 210 lb rider (he and I are the same size). It has Takasago Excell rims front and rear. The front has a small dent that has caused no problems. Rear tire is a D606 about half gone. Front is a Bridgstone M59, also half gone.

Has Cycra Billet hand guards, the rear sprocket protector thingie, a Trail Tech Vapor that is a little glitchie (need to have pressure on the screen for full information). There is a high end kick stand (forgot who made it). I will throw in a Wolfman Enduro tank bag and older Wolfman saddle bags (pre E10, but they work). 3.1 IMS tank.

I have the brief case and books.

The Bad:
It has been used as God and KTM intended by both Tim and I. I fall down a lot. There are scratches.
I got it without a computer, so I do not know how many miles or hours are on it. It runs like a scalded dog, but I do not know where in the rebuild cycle it is.
It leaks fuel from one of the tubes, so the o-ring and/or needle and seat need attention. I have been on contract jobs in California for the last year and a half and have not ridden or worked on it in that time. I won't be done in California until the end of January, so I do not have time to work on it until the, so the bike is as is.
It is now due for an oil change.
There was a small crack on the frame. I had it TIG welded by one of the instructors at DACC. It has not re-appeared in 3 years of riding, so I think it is fixed properly.

I need $3,250 for it to do what I want. If that is too much, then I guess I keep it.

Clear title.

The bike is in Las Cruces.

1960 Lotus 7 (hey, it's a 4 wheel motorcycle!)
1953 Matchless G80 trials
LC4Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #10143
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,801
Happy Trails Teton Panniers

SOLD

I bought these from a fellow inmate and they will not work on my GS because the GS racks need a left bag with the exhaust cutout. So for ADV'ers only I am selling them for what I purchased them for. I am also going to put them on graigs list for a ridicules price in order to help purchase the correct panniers. $100.00 picked up in Westminster CO. for my ADV family. Of course if you have a set of these with the exhaust cutout on the left bag trading is also in order.

Happy Trails Teton Panniers in Raw Aluminum.

9" wide x 15" high 18" long.

They are in good shape and seal up very well but do have some scratches on them. all latches work as they should. They are well stickered to give you instant Adventure Rider Status. Includes all mounting hardware but not the racks.

They come with four Touratech bottle mounts on the back with straps, no bottles.

Marc

Lomax screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 02:52 PM
Lomax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #10144
Failo
Is it spring yet???

Oddometer: 176

Sending pm
Failo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #10145
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
SOLD

I bought these from a fellow inmate and they will not work on my GS because the GS racks need a left bag with the exhaust cutout. So for ADV'ers only I am selling them for what I purchased them for. I am also going to put them on graigs list for a ridicules price in order to help purchase the correct panniers. $100.00 picked up in Westminster CO. for my ADV family. Of course if you have a set of these with the exhaust cutout on the left bag trading is also in order.

9" wide x 15" high 18" long.

They are in good shape and seal up very well but do have some scratches on them. all latches work as they should. They are well stickered to give you instant Adventure Rider Status. Includes all mounting hardware but not the racks.

They come with four Touratech bottle mounts on the back with straps, no bottles.

Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failo View Post
Sending pm
They were originally Steamboat Dave's. They came on the F650GSD I bought from him. Great cases and I never had any issues with them. Fortunately, they were not on the Dakar when it was stolen over the summer. They had just been sitting on a shelf in my garage before Lomax gave them a try. Glad to know they found a home back up here in NoCo !

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #10146
Failo
Is it spring yet???

Oddometer: 176
Happy Trails Panniers

Be assured that the panniers are in the hands of a very frugal, but very appreciative KLR owner.
Thanks Marc.

Failo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #10147
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokey View Post
Hey guys i need plates and gas money for the truck So I need to sell a custom built motorcycle trailer that I just finished today. Sad to see it go but I need the money. Today we got a CRF450, CRF250, and a KTM 525 onto it but it was really really tight. Here are a few pictures. The pictures were taken over the weekend so it is not done. It now has all lights wiring and mounting hooks on it.
Sorry for bad picture quality

The price is $500 or best offer so just let me know if your interested and we can work something out. It has ALOT of work into it and i just need a bike. Also if you got an cheap used dirtbike that your looking to sell just let me know. I Dont check back here to often so a PM or email is best. TBDechant@gmail.com Or call/Text Tanner at 303-929-0815

Thanks all
BUMP I need money for plating my truck on the 3rd. So This needs to go. Its on craigslist now for $500 but I will do $450 for inmates. It is very sturdy and doesnt weigh much. Good camp trailer.

Please pm, email or call/text Me

TBDechant@gmail.com
(3) 929-0815
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #10148
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failo View Post
Be assured that the panniers are in the hands of a very frugal, but very appreciative KLR owner.
Thanks Marc.

Who gave you permission to put more stickers on those ? HMM ?

they look good on the KLR.

Marc
Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #10149
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,948
Bump, great price for a practially new rain suit...you know you'll need one come summer time so why wait??

Mossi rain suit, looks to be in new condition. Both jacket and pants are size Large. $40 for the set.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #10150
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck

Oddometer: 1,130
XR650R Carb

Carb: lightly used- less than 1500 miles (jetted for altitude- did many of the passes at 2012 RMAR) a Mikuni TM40 flat side carb- $300.

Cables and fuel line included- manual that came with the kit if I can find it
Extra set of never used or put on bike cables available for + $40

Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #10151
TimothyCaseTimothy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
GoPro Hero 2 w/LCD BacPac

I posted this in the general Flea Market...would love to get this to someone local...will take $20 off for a local sale, especially if the sale includes a 6-pack of brewski or will include a 32gb SD card for the full asking price...

I've got a barely used GoPro Hero 2 w/LCD BacPac...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851265

I'm around until Jan 1, then off the grid for a couple weeks...I live in Denver, work in Boulder (this upcoming Sunday/Monday)

Tim
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #10152
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck

Oddometer: 1,130
Xr650r

Exhaust Leo Vance X3, for XR650R. Great exhaust system. It does quiet down your engine noise over the stock- how much is hard to tell IMHO.

$125 Shipped for Rockies Inmates.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #10153
Giggity

Oddometer: 749
FASTRAP tie down kit - 2 pack

Found it while cleaning out the warehouse. New in unopened box. This is it:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=183634

How about $35 ?
Giggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #10154
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,863
Acerbis 3.4 gallon Natural.

Acerbis Fuel Tank KTM SX/SXF 07-10 EXC/XC/XC-W 08-11 3.4 GAL NATURAL (MDR Cap)
SOLD
Minor scrapes up front can be seen in photos.
No petcock..

c.vestal screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 07:46 AM
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #10155
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,863
Otterbox Defender case for iPad

sold

c.vestal screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 10:15 PM
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote