ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #10216
woodmnctry
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
For sale:

13 ft^3 Kenmore chest freezer, originally $300 from sears. We used it in the garage and has always worked without a hiccup since purchased. We took it out and cleaned it a couple of weeks ago and now it has that stinky freezer smell and the outside is a bit dirty but it should clean up nicely with a little effort.

Asking $75 here. I can help deliver around the metro area for the cost of gas.

Are the used plates included????
woodmnctry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #10217
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
Anyone need a cheap hitch? Just took this off my Econoline, replaced it with a class IV so I can haul the big Strom on a carrier. Cliffnotes: Masterlock 3812AT multi-fit class III, fits a bunch of trucks, vans, and SUVs, check Amazon to see if it'll fit yours. I've never used it, the PO of the van just used it for a step when loading and unloading dirt bikes, so it's pretty much new. Hardware included, I'll take $10 off for inmates (makes it $70 bucks) and the same six pack for install help offer applies, though I might let you drink one of the beers :). PM if you want it, thanks.
Moving and this needs to go, so I'll take the best offer. If that offer is a six pack, so be it, just need it gone before we leave town and I'd rather see it go here than to a craigslist urchin.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #10218
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 16,747
Hyper, I had the same situation with a hitch and ended up putting it in clist for free and was run over with offers to pick up. I ended up giving it to a guy who had the same van I did.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #10219
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 999
XL dog door for sliding door

Gone

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally

hyperboarder screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 12:03 PM
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #10220
velocityjunky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post

Dunlop D742F, unused, non-DOT (this was removed from a new 2005 CRF450R wheel). $30

Ill take this tire if it is still avail?????
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #10221
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 16,747
I got the tires and creeper. Sorry folks.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #10222
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
I got the tires and creeper. Sorry folks.
Yup, thanks MeterPig, nice meeting you. I should have updated this earlier.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #10223
L-ucky-S-ix
Dadgum'd

Oddometer: 335
New price.

1987 Jeep Cherokee Chief with 152.4k

AW4 mated with the NP242 Selec-Trac shift-on-the-fly (2wd-> 4wd Part time-> 4wd Full time-> Neutral-> 4wd Lo)
Dana44 Rear
UpCountry Package (Tow hooks, hitch, skid plates, no rear swaybar, factory lift)
Tinted Privacy Glass
Auto Dimming Mirror with Temperature and Compass
Roof Rack/ Ski Rack
Power Everything
Viper Keyless Entry and Alarm
Newer "Canyon" Aluminum Wheels with Great Tires
No Rust
New Windshield

That's the gist of it. There's more info if anyone is interested. $3000

Older picture but same condition...

L-ucky-S-ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #10224
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 442
Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Denis Eton-Hogg View Post
Bag of torx head BMW bolts removed from an F650GS Dakar.

Mostly M6 but some other sizes too, about 60 bolts.

Free, come and get 'em, I'm in Loveland 970 689 1024 linny999@hotmail.com or PM

Bolts have gone, thanks Brandon
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #10225
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-ucky-S-ix View Post
New price.

1987 Jeep Cherokee Chief with 152.4k

Older picture but same condition...

Dejavu - I had the 1988 twin of that with the 4.0L engine, same color same model. I really loved it and it took me and a lot of gear to a lot of places, but when it started showing serious signs of wear, I sold it to a neighbors little brother for transportation to/from school. He let the coolant get too low and blew up the engine which was the best part. Traded to a 2010 Liberty that is roomier and more comfortable to drive, but with over 20 years to work on it and a slightly smaller engine, it still doesn't get any better gas mileage than the old jeep did, and the Cherokee Chief was much better offroad.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #10226
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 10,804
Logitech Bluetooth Boombox $80

Bought this recently, was loud and clear. Very loud.
Don't ask, but I was going to mount it on the motorcycle on the fairing.
But alas, found out that when run on straight internal battery (rechargeable) the volume drops off considerably.

No problem says I, the AC adapter puts out 12v, I'll just use a cigarette lighter cord to power it.

Well, I did. And running on direct motorcycle battery, it IS louder, but the bass distorts horribly. Screw it, this ain't gonna work.

My loss is your gain. I paid a little over a hundred with tax. Selling it today with all of about 5 hours on it (Christmas music ), perfect condition, with the box it came in, for $80.

I just don't want to drive back to Target.

Works perfect (when you use it as intended), and really has great sound. Automatically pairs with your bluetooth phone.

Hit me with a PM.

Dave
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #10227
L-ucky-S-ix
Dadgum'd

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Dejavu - I had the 1988 twin of that with the 4.0L engine, same color same model. I really loved it and it took me and a lot of gear to a lot of places, but when it started showing serious signs of wear, I sold it to a neighbors little brother for transportation to/from school. He let the coolant get too low and blew up the engine which was the best part. Traded to a 2010 Liberty that is roomier and more comfortable to drive, but with over 20 years to work on it and a slightly smaller engine, it still doesn't get any better gas mileage than the old jeep did, and the Cherokee Chief was much better offroad.
Nice! This one is the 4.0L Renix as well. I honestly think this thing has never seen much offroad. Aside from the dirt roads I drive to get to lakes and reservoirs the previous owners drove it around the city of Boulder since new. It does nicely when I want to drive it in the snow instead of my rwd car, but it's going to simplify my life tremendously if I can sell it.
L-ucky-S-ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #10228
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 659
SOLD!

Just bought a new bed so the old bed (King) went into the guest room and the guest room bed (Queen) seen here has to go. Listed on CL for $300, $250 for inmates. The whole set is like new since it was in the guest room and we don't get many visitors.

Not sure why the image is soooo tiny. If anyone is interested I can supply better pix...

sebben 1 9 foe foe zero sebben five oh too - or PM

Merfman screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 10:38 AM
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #10229
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,378
A couple of months ago I started looking for a couple of specific bikes....
I had no luck finding anything locally, and ended up buying a very cool bike that was not on my original list. I picked it up in Las Vegas before the holidays, and it turned out to be in better condition than I'd imagined.

Recently I found a fairly local example of one of the bikes I started my search for - so I'm putting the W650 out there for a quick local sale.
If it doesn't sell, I don't have to have that other bike... I'll hang onto the W650 for a while - it's a pretty cool bike and fun to ride. If it sells, it will come close to breaking a record for garage-stay brevity.

This isn't going into the main Flea Market, it's more of an "off season, maybe someone's looking" deal. And cheaper than the one in Colorado Springs craigslist too

2000 W650 w/ 14,800 miles $4300

Previous owner's wife's bike....new battery, o-ring chain, tires, and clutch w/ heavy duty springs. The oem clutch was fine, but was feeling strange so the previous owner installed a new clutch/springs and that brought the feel back. It rides and feels like a new bike. The PO had just adjusted the valves and changed the oil & filter.
To eliminate the factory lean jetting, he installed Thruxton needles in the carbs (richer taper) and exposed the fuel screws, backing them out 1/2 turn.
It carburets perfectly.

Though it looks very retro, the engine is a 4 valve/cylinder SOHC, shim over bucket, using the same 7.48mm shims my TE310 does. You slide the rocker aside to get to the shim - valve adjustments are easy, and one won't have to be done for quite a while.

I have the oem chainguard and taillight assembly, as well as a set of aftermarket cafe handlebars.

In excellent original condition, if you're interested - take it for a spin. They feel as old's cool as they look.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #10230
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Recently I found a fairly local example of one of the bikes I started my search for - so I'm putting the W650 out there for a quick local sale.
If it doesn't sell, I don't have to have that other bike... I'll hang onto the W650 for a while - it's a pretty cool bike and fun to ride. If it sells, it will come close to breaking a record for garage-stay brevity.
It's a sickness, I tell ya.