ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #10321
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,026
Sold

110V metal band saw, uses standard bi-metal blades you can get at HF, comes with plate to use it vertically

$120 OBO

goes on CL for $160 Saturday morning

ganshert screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 11:53 AM
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #10322
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,026
KTM 16.5 front supermoto race rim and 5 new Maxxis slicks

$250 OBO

I raced it one season. I've sold the 570 and won't be racing supermoto this season.

ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #10323
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Congrats David! I rode an inmates K1200S and the ergos about killed me.

I hope that it fits you better!
The PO added HeliBars and new rearsets (lower) that substantially-change the ergos. Pretty comfy... so far. Taking it out for another long ride today, so I'll see how it feels after a few hours in the saddle.
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #10324
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
I was thinking weep hole for the spark plug recess

(sharp 13S David!)
The spark plug well was cleaned before I rebuilt the top end. It didn't come out of the hole until the motor got hot for the first time. I'm guessing it was just crud packed up in there from where it sat for about a year before I rebuilt it. It's not oil and doesn't come off with a degreaser. I'm going to try some rubbing alcohol this weekend.
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #10325
cotrailrdr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
H & B Gobi's

Selling my set of Gobi's. Have not used them in couple of years, so they need to go. I'm located in the San Luis Valley, shipping these could be expensive. I am in C Springs a couple of times a month, could deliver to there if interested. These are used but in good shape with the exception of one prop open bracket is broken on one case. No mounting brackets, only one key. 300.00 for the set.
719-657-4207 Robert

2004 Beta 270 Rev3
2013 Polaris RZR 800
cotrailrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #10326
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
David: How the hell are you going to get that over Gore Pass in the mud this spring?

Congrats!
I think I'll have an easier time getting through the mud on the DRZ... well, at least it'll be way easier to pick up
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #10327
retroone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Good used Badd Ass Chainsaw Rack/Mount for Stihl 192
http://www.slavensracing.com/shop/ba...-for-stihl-192

$200.

retroone screwed with this post 01-26-2013 at 09:01 AM
retroone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #10328
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,482
Drywall Lift / Hoist - $175 (Downtown C/S)

Drywall Lift / Hoist - $175 (Downtown C/S) - $150 for inmates

For sale: Almost new drwall hoist. I bought this new, and used it to drywall a 750 sq/ft ceiling. Works great. Instruction sheet included.

Manufacturer description:
This is a professional contractor-grade hoist to make that home-improvement or renovation project a little less painful! You'll be able to get your work done quicker, easier, and in less time while being able to produce high-quality work! The lifts' cradle lowers to 34 inches from the floor for easy panel loading and can support up to 150 pounds. The lift can handle a 4' x 16' sheet easily! This creates greater balance, better control, more stability and less fatigue. This commercial grae drywall lift is perfect for commercial application just like rental business besides home use!
Features:

Standard 11' telescopic hoist also included with extension
One person can operate alone safely
Easy Disassembly For Storage
11' maximum reach for horizontal ceilings
Securely Lifts Up To 150 lbs Safely
Could lower to 34" off the floor for easy panel loading
75 degree tilting action for conveniently installation
Fast single-stage winch wheel with handle and brake
Strong cable to provide a powerful pulling force
Durable welded steel construction with powder coating
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #10329
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Here’s the deal guys: I’ve got some worsening health problems that have forced me to the conclusion that I need to sell my Yamaha, and the trailer that I’ve used to haul it and other motorcycles. The health issues are not life threatening, but they do mean that it’s really not a good idea for me to ride on two wheels anymore. Among a bunch of symptoms, I’m slowly losing my balance, and as of yet I haven’t seen a doctor, neurologist, neurosurgeon, or physical therapist who has any idea what’s going on.

1978 Yamaha XS650, asking $2250 obo: odometer shows approx 25,500 miles (unsure if accurate or not, but that’s about what’s on the title too). Clear CO title in my name and in hand, and currently registered. You will be getting a great-running bike that will attract attention wherever you go. It’s not perfect, but pretty darn good. Previous owner converted it to look like a Triumph Scrambler, complete with black ceramic-coated high-mounted side pipes from Gordon Scott. Engine was rebuilt by previous owner, carbs rebuilt, frame, wheels, and a bunch of other stuff powdercoated black; wheels were powdercoated by the previous owner, then spoked, trued, and balanced by Woody’s in Denver; tank, fenders, & carb covers painted British Racing Green (some scratches & chips…it’s a good 10-footer in terms of appearance, but was a garage paint job by the PO). Brand new seat. Avon Distanzia tires front & rear; front is nearly new; rear looks to be better than 50% tread remaining. Has a PAMCO Ultimate electronic ignition installed (no points to fiddle with), a permanent magnet alternator installed (charges the battery far better than stock, but should have the TDC timing mark re-done, a very simple task), a new battery (purchased in December 2012), CBR600 front brake with near-new pads and disc, 5th gear has been replaced with an overdrive gear (better for the highway), a small oil cooler (requires the use of a different oil filter readily available at MikesXS.com); and the carbs are jetted for the altitude, the exhaust, and for the pod air filters. Comes with enough oil and filters for several thousand miles. Starter is installed but not connected; bike starts on 1st or 2nd kick. Bike is currently at Front Range Cycle shop in Colorado Springs getting a brand new wiring harness installed (complete, bike runs great now), along with new fork seals & oil, new clutch & shifter shaft seals installed, and new switchgear (complete). I bought this as a running project bike...as soon as it’s back from Front Range Cycle (should be this coming week) it will be available. I don’t want to sell, but again…two wheels just aren’t a good idea for me anymore. Sale will not be completed until the bike is back from the shop and you’ve had the opportunity to see it in person. But if multiple people are interested in it, I’ll go in order of the responses I get.

EDIT: Trailer is sold

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps, free with purchase of any of the above items until there are none left. An entire milk-crate full of them. Or you could look at this as a score on a prime piece of KLR luggage pre-loaded with tie-down straps. Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps, and heck…they’re a gift with purchase.

All sales are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items, and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to look. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

I’ll probably be adding a couple more things in the next couple days that I need to get pics of…I know I've got two brand new Pit Bull paddock stands (I'm asking $50) that I need to get out of the garage...just need to get pics and get them posted.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike

soldierguy screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 05:22 PM
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #10330
Wannabeeuro
Tuner chic

Oddometer: 1,964
Soldier guy,
Did we meet at an elephant ride? Sorry to read about your health issues, hope they you figure it out!
I'd like to be second in line for the trailer if the first person backs out.

Find Me with SPOT http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...kUQSskMiIucMuB
Wannabeeuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #10331
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,670
soldierguy, sorry to hear about that.... any reason to have to stop riding sucks.
Does that mean the Stelvio goes too? You haven't had either of those long enough to really enjoy them much. I'm a huge XS650 fan, someone will get a cool example.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #10332
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
soldierguy, sorry to hear about that.... any reason to have to stop riding sucks.
Does that mean the Stelvio goes too? You haven't had either of those long enough to really enjoy them much. I'm a huge XS650 fan, someone will get a cool example.
Thanks! It's all gone except for the trailer (should be sold on Monday), and the Yamaha.

I'm about to do a move, and once I get settled I'll be looking hard at a Ural. I rode one recently and loved it. If I shouldn't do 2 wheels, then I think 3 will work well.

Cheers!

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #10333
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,736
FS North Face VE 25 Tent

SOLD

OK before this goes on the Flea Market or Craig's List, up for sale is my North Face VE 25 tent.
If you know tents you know this is one of the best 4 season tents made. This is my second VE, my first lasted over 20 years and finally fell apart after 100s of trips. It is complete with the footprint and rainfly and poles. It is in excellent condition. It could use a cleaning and you will need to supply your own stakes, however it is a free standing tent and you only need stakes for the vestibule on the fly if you put it on. It has two large entry doors (front and back) and the fly has two vestibules, but the back is smaller than the front. A queen size air mattress will just fit inside.
I am only selling this because I bought a travel trailer and my camping trips are going in a different direction. Search the web for reviews and other pictures. This tent is about 2-3 years old but it looks perfect. No tears or broken zippers. This will probably be the last tent you ever buy. For what it weighs and specs you can go to the North Face web site.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...r/ve-25_2.html

Amazon has it for $ 529.00 I would like to get $ 325.00 with shipping to any one in the Rockies forum and that includes the footprint. PayPal works for me.
If you are out of the Rockies forum area, let me know your zip and I will add a bit more for shipping. You can also pick it up in Santa Fe for $ 300.00
I lost the tent stuff sack a while back so it comes with a waterproof stuff bag that I use for it, bonus!

Not a great picture but search the web and you can find lots more.
Some one is going to get a GREAT tent!

Growing older every day but never growing up.

NMOHVA, COHVCO, AMA

CaptRick screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 04:12 PM
CaptRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #10334
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 555
RK TakasagoRX-Ring chain 520XSO 104 links

RK TakasagoRX-Ring chain 520XSO 104 links.

New in box, got it with a load of bikes and parts I picked up.

$40 - usually retail over $75.

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #10335
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,670
Firstgear Rainier $285 for locals, add $15 if I ship it to you

Firstgear's top line jacket, lists for $499.95.

I've had the first generation Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro Air....currently have a Kathmandu in XL and I bought the Rainier in XXL to give room for layers and heated gear.
Turns out the Rainier XXL is exactly the same size as my Kathmandu XL, so I have two very similar jackets in the same size.

They're both extremely good jackets, but I prefer the Kathmandu as I've traveled with it extensively and it's thinner liner leaves a bit more room.
I haven't had this jacket very long, it's been on a couple of local rides, done commute duty for a few weeks - that's about it.
In excellent, like new condition.

The Rainier zip-in liner can be worn as a separate coat, and is thick and warm - the complete jacket system is so warm you don't need heated gear unless it's pretty cold and you've got a way to go.

All waterproof zips, good venting, great pockets - and a hood in the soft comfy collar.

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote