ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #10816
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,238
Selling my 5x8 utility trailer, 12" wheels, welded construction, from Lowe's originally. Added bearing buddies and a tongue jack. Spare wheel and tire included but won't hold air. Paint on fenders is pretty sandblasted but no major rust anywhere. It's less than 1.5 years old. Max weight is 2000#; empty weight is around 450#, fits a 1-7/8" ball hitch. Expanded metal deck and large ramp tailgate.

I've used it to move halfway across the country and to haul bikes around for camping with no issues. Always stored indoors. Towed nicely with my old TDI and also now with the Land Rover.

$450 in Colorado Springs. I'll deliver nearby if you make it worthwhile. sale pending

James Adams screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 03:45 PM
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #10817
picard
engage!

Oddometer: 1,074
PM sent on trailer
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #10818
James Adams
Not a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard View Post
PM sent on trailer
Replied!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #10819
James Adams
Not a Texan

African Outback Technitop RTT

African Outback Technitop roof tent. Aluminum frame, solid plywood floors. Probably a decade old (actual age unknown); ladder, poles, walls, floor, fly, and mattress in good shape; cover is weathered but sound. Empty weight is 120#, floor space is 4'x8', folded size is 4'x4'x8" (all approximate). I love this thing but I'm just not using it anymore. Purchased by me about a year ago from an ExPo member in UT. Includes mounting hardware that will fit most OEM roof racks.

I used this on the OEM rack of my LR3 and it worked very well. No noticeable extra wind noise, YMMV.

$900 in Colorado Springs. I'll deliver nearby for a little extra.

James Adams screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 08:47 PM
Old 04-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #10820
OTB
Oh fer Chrissakes

Oddometer: 6,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
I trade my bikes a round a lot, so I've decided to sell my 2008 Aprilia Shiver. It has 3,700 miles on it and is in immaculate condtion. I added a full Leo Vince carbon fiber exhaust with cat eliminator. A Puig windscreen and progressive rate spring from Hyperpro. Other than that she's stock. It's one of the few sport standards that can actually carry a passenger in a humane fashion. This thing will bury a 900 Monster and you won't have to go to the chiropractor when you get off it. Used strictly to strafe hwy 550 from Durango to Ouray by an old fart in total denial.
Asking $5,400.
Somebody here in Colorado needs this bike.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #10821
offtheback
Chocolate Starfish

Oddometer: 336
I did just sell my adventure, so many temptations..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
2005 KTM 950 Adventure'96 Tiger (Sold) '06 KTM XC well farkeled(sold) '03 Yamaha WR250F (sold)
offtheback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #10822
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
1974 BMW r75/6 with Velorex sidecar

Folks - I'm selling my 1974 BWM r75/6 hack, and thought I'd give first dibs here. Will be listing for 7k if no hits here, will take $6500 (pretty darned firm) from a local ADV member. Reason for selling: There is a 2004 FJR making it's way into my garage, and I don't have room/money for 3 bikes. I really love this machine, but my riding goals for the next few years fit the Busa and FJR better.

Details and link to pictures below. Thanks for looking.

======================================

1974 BMW r75/6 with Velorex sidecar

Miles: 54427

This rig has been meticulously maintained with full documentation and receipts for all work and maintenance done. Some of the major items are listed below.

At 36,600 miles there was a complete driveline restoration done. At that time, the 750 heads were replaced with 800cc nikasil pistons, a 450 watt alternator, deep oil pan, new drive shaft, transmission, brakes, carbs and final drive were also replaced or rebuilt. The bike also has new steering head bearings, timing chain and valve guides.

At 45,800 miles, Unit leading link front end was installed

At 50,800 miles a new diode board and heavy duty voltage regulator was installed.

I have lots of spare parts/tools for this rig that will go with the bike including the original front forks, two windshields, dual seat, handlebar switches, fender, spare seat and sheepskin cover for the sidecar, tail light and front and rear turn signal assemblies, assorted cables, fuel lines, brake lines etc.

The bike also includes two original equipment Krauser bags in great shape with working straps and keys.

Original complete tool kit and owners manual, and two other service manuals (Clymer etc). Detailed records and receipts, as well as documentation for all parts (Sidecar/Forks etc).

Has the large gas tank, around 5.8 gallons.

Currently the bike just needs another oil change per schedule, and the seal grommets are worn on the air intake tubes. I have a oil filter and grommets on order and will have those two items done soon.

The rear (pusher tire) is pretty new, and the sidecar tire has a few thousand miles left. The front tire is getting near the end of it's life and will need replacing soon. I recommend the Metzler Block-K sidecar tire like the one I have on the rear.

You can see loads of pictures on the following URL: https://picasaweb.google.com/justin....eat=directlink

Please note, most of those pictures are from last year (3000 miles ago), but nothing has changed (other than the plate).

EDIT: PM or email justinphilipsongmail.com if interested!

JustinP screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 03:44 PM
JustinP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #10823
flyaway
chwelve

Oddometer: 67
2006 KLR 650
$3650 OBO
This bike is great, just looking for a new one.
More info and pics here: http://boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/3722588487.html

flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #10824
Desert Scoundrel
Banned

Oddometer: 131
A bunch of stuff!

Moving soon so this stuff has to go! Pictures are for reference only. Too much time to find everything, take pictures, upload, blah blah! You get it.

Givi E45 side cases and racks for 2004-2011 DL650 Vstrom. The cases are in good shape with a few scuffs and scrapes but that's normal when you fall over! So, 2 E45 cases, one Givi rack for 04-11 DL650 and I'll even throw in a 4" pvc tool tube that is already mounted to the racks, just for the Rockies group.

$300

Not my bike but these are the very same cases and rack.

Wolfman Denali tank bag, a few of the zippers are coming un-sewn. little faded but for the price it is hard to beat! I hear Wolfman will repair it for next to nothing. Comes with map pocket and both "side" bags.

$50

Again, not my bag, just a picture from the net. Mine is slightly faded.

Big Anges Encampment 15* bag and aircore sleeping pad. Bag is in very good shape without smells or stains. Pad has one small patch but holds air for over a week. This pad is not the insulated one. No stuff sacks included but I do have the storage sack.

$125 for the set or split them for $110 for the bag and $40 for the pad

Bike parts:

Stock xr650r radiators, bent up alittle but no leaks. They still have the plastic shroud things on them

$20 for both

drz400e stock seat. Cover is in perfect shape. Black

$40

Show Chrome 5in1 voltmeter thermo lap timer. Works but a few of the clock numbers are weirded out. Temp and volts work fine. $15

Powerlet panel mount 12v socket. $10

More to come later. Pick up in Lakewood

Desert Scoundrel screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 01:43 PM
Desert Scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #10825
Desert Scoundrel
Banned

tools

Tusk clutch hub holding pliers. Brand new, never used $15

Valve spring compressor, C clamp style for all small engines. Come with 2 "forks" for different sping sizes. $10

SnapOn weatherhead fitting sockets. 4 sizes; FD-12, FD-10, FD-8 and FD-6 $40 for the set Used for installing/removing hydraulic fittings.

SnapOn carb adjusting tool. This is a nifty driver for adjusting hard to reach carbs and screws. 1/4" drive. All attachments included.$75

I have this set:

And this set. Both go together, will not seperate
Old 04-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #10826
Joetool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
dibs on the denali...
Joetool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #10827
Desert Scoundrel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetool View Post
dibs on the denali...

All yours!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #10828
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Folks - I'm selling my 1974 BWM r75/6 hack, and thought I'd give first dibs here. Will be listing for 7k if no hits here, will take $6500 (pretty darned firm) from a local ADV member. Reason for selling: There is a 2004 FJR making it's way into my garage, and I don't have room/money for 3 bikes. I really love this machine, but my riding goals for the next few years fit the Busa and FJR better.

Details and link to pictures below. Thanks for looking /snip
Wow..a Walus greaser, film cans...

Plaka screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 03:12 PM
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #10829
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
Wow..a Walus greaser, film cans...

Oh, the film cans don't go with the bike, just the assorted crush washers that are in them. I'm keeping the film cans. (j/k of course)

The Walus greaser is included - a very handy tool for the bike
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #10830
fataldata
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Enduro Engineering Bar Risers KTM or Husaberg

Bar riser kit. Won't work with a GPR steering damper. 5mm to 30mm rise with bolts and allen wrench. Paypal and shipped continental US $20, Picked up in Summit CO $10.

Yakima 26" Wheel Mount with cliips for round or square bars.
$25 Paypal and shipped.
V

fataldata screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 03:52 PM Reason: Add Yakima Tire Mount
fataldata is offline   Reply With Quote