ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #11386
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,086
Happy trails tank guards with integrated highway bars and front engine guard.

200 bucks.

20 bucks shipping via USPS.

Make your KLR a tank. Read all about it Here

These do not fit IMF tanks. And...since one is on the way, this bad boy has got to go. What is different about this one vs. the Happy trails picture is that the racks are a cool grey-not black. It makes the bike really stand out. I have fallen over with it and it indeed does protect...but I can't find any big dings. It looks pretty much new.

The bars are great-but the highway pegs are the cheap part. The hardware inside the pegs wears out and pegs flex. I used the highway pegs...and they were pretty nice so you could do something else than sit cramped on the bike.

Sells new from Happy trails for 310 bucks with shipping, how about 200 bucks?

Behold, class smart phone photos.

MeterPig screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 03:52 PM
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #11387
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
I'm selling my 04 KTM 950 Adv. The bike has ~65K miles on it and runs like a top. $4750 takes it home. It has: Facet fuel pump, Renazco seat, high fender, new front DOT knobby, new front wheel bearings, new clutch friction discs, Excel front rim with Woodys Wheel Works Super Lace (recently trued and tuned up by Woody's) Neutech Tubliss system in the front wheel, new battery, new air filter, re-inforced subframe, 2 into 1 exhaust, Leo Vince Pipe, Black Dog Skid Plate, extended pegs, SW Mototech crash bars, luggage rack, Slavens front suspension w. 54 springs, Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever, oil tank drain hose (leave the tanks on for an oil change ), and a 990 rear swingarm. I also recently replaced water pump seal.

This was not a coffee shop adventurer's bike, I took this bike all over the western deserts and mountains. I've taken care of all the "bugs" with the early 950s (fuel pump, front rim, swing arm, etc) The paint and crash bars have the typical scratches and dings from age and off road riding. There are some small bubbles in the black "KTM" decal on the left tank. I also have the stock skid plate, stock pipes, stock mid pipe (for 2 mufflers) as well as some assorted small parts.

The luggage in the pictures is not included, but I might be tempted to include the wolfman saddle bags for the right price. The bike is located in Denver.

bumperoo

Memorial day weekend sale! Buy it this weekend and I'll include the Wolfman bags. The Gobi's are shagged out, but I'll throw them in too.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #11388
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,120
Dood.
You broke a turn signal already??

And, fyi, now that you mention it, I have the map holder thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
KLR650 Happy Trails, with Waterproof Ortlieb bags w/ quick release. -300 bucks.

Happy trails is able to ship all of it for 26 bucks...so I will match that. If it's less, than I will do that too

Happy trail racks-read about them Here

Ortlieb bags with quick release. Read all about them Here

I am a giant loop kind of guy and not a saddle bag kind of guy. These came with the bike.

Retail w/shipping is around 400 bucks.

How about... 300?

Condition of the bags are dusty and dirty. No rips tears and all functionality is there. They are actually pretty awesome for long distance travel and the quick release function is cool. My chances of a long distance ride like that are zero. So, to the flea market they go.

Behold, fantastic smart phone photos.

UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #11389
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,301
Large L Shaped Solid Oak Wood Desk - $75

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/fuo/3828677471.html

Solid wood desk made of oak. L shaped or corner desk. Has pull out shelves for printers and key board and a compartment for the CPU.
Desk is 65 inches X 85 inches and 25 inches deep.

If ad is up it is still available. It is outside and ready to go! Come and get it! Email us your phone number and we will call you back right away.

$SOLD!

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8

_CJ screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 04:21 PM
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #11390
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 365
Price drop and bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caballo Loco View Post
1997 Honda CR500R

$2,200.00 OBO

Perfection Porting/Ridgeway Motorsports ported jug and head
Hitchcock Industries front end, sprung for a 220lb. rider
Rear shock sprung for a 220lb. rider
Answer fat bars
IMS over sized tank
Pro Circuit pipe (has some welds on it from small cracks, typical CR500 problem)
FMF Turbine Core II silencer
Factory Effex gripper seat cover
Factory Effex graphics
Acerbis barkbusters
15/51 gearing (stock -- 14/51)
New Gold O-ring chain
Wide Ratio Transmission
Brand new front tire (not installed, dunlop 755F)
Rear tire at 75%

Will not include Scotts damper but will retain the damper mount and bar mounts.

Cold -- The bike starts by the third kick every time
Warm -- The bike starts first kick

Comes with:

Fuel can
New front tire
Fly aluminum ramp
Crate stand
Rear axle stand

El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #11391
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,509
2007 klr 650

Help me make some room in my garage! Clearing out my nicely set up KLR (in the coveted "DDR" color).

$3400 ADV rider price

Owned & maintained by anal-retentive mechanical engineer. 23k miles. Well maintained and loaded with options. Doohicky fixed, tall windshield, automatic chain oiler, electronic cruise control, aftermarket skid plate, bark busters, additional power outlets, bar riser, heated grips, highway pegs, beefed up subframe bolts, sealed tool tube, fork brace... Tires are about 50% on both ends. Oil was just changed. Forks just received new bushings & seals. Price includes Hepco-Becker saddle bags (quickly removed with a single latch on each bag). The only drops on this bike have been when parked, resulting in a small dent in the upper corner of the gas tank.

This bike was set up by the original owner for a trip to Alaska. It has heavy springs in both ends to allow you to load up for camping & touring. It is ready to ride on the next adventure. I wouldn't hesitate taking it across the country today.

HellSickle screwed with this post 05-26-2013 at 05:39 PM
HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #11392
terraunbound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
AGV AX-8 Helmet Small

Asking $95 locally, $110 shipped, OBO.

This SMALL AGV AX-8 Helmet is a very nice dual-sport helmet with a slightly narrow head shape, unfortunately doesn't fit my head shape.

Originally a $300 helmet, I bought it new on sale but couldn't return. Awesome helmet for a bargain.

PM me if interested

"AGV AX-8 Helmet
• DESIGN: The design is pure AGV style with an evident family feeling in the front air vents and the rear extractors that recall both those in the on-road and MT-X versions. The helmet differs significantly from others in the market today thanks to the chin guard with immediate aesthetic impact characterized by its large steel grille that protects the highly assertive front air vent that makes the AX-8 instantly recognizable especially during races regardless of the helmet’s graphics or track conditions.
• SHELL: The AX-8 is available in 3 outer shell sizes with sizes that run from XXS to XXXL. The outer shell vaunts SSL layering made in Carbon, Kevlar and fibreglass in order to keep weight low while ensuring the maximum safety.
• VENTILATION: The integrated IVS ventilation system consists of channels formed directly in the outer shell that ensure more efficacious airflow inside the shell and better aerodynamic performance. The front air events, the vents on the visor edge and on the chin guard permit constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The rear extractors carry away all the moist warm air from inside the helmet through the channels in the EPS.
• INTERNAL PADDING: The internal padding in breathable Dry-lex® material has been provided with sanitizing treatment and is completely removable and washable, including the flap on the strap in order to ensure constantly perfect hygiene inside the helmet, an item that is always subjected to harsh use. For the same reason, the visor area features soft covers in plastic, which unlike fabric does not absorb moisture and can be easily washed with a sponge or a brush. The internal padding in the visor opening area has been studied for a perfect fit even when wearing motocross goggles.
• SAFETY: The chin vents can be easily removed without tools and are sized for both ideal airflow and complete chin protection (in other helmets, the wearer’s chin protrudes from the helmet’s profile due to the chin guard’s reduced height). Despite the large aperture that can be seen from the shape of the outer grill, beneath it stands a sturdy structure in fibre that offers the best compromise between airflow capacity and mechanical strength. The chin vents on the AX-8 are interchangeable with those on the AX-8 Dual. The peak, with its outer screws in aluminum is easily adjustable thanks to the central plastic screw beneath it. The fastening system vaunts DD closing with a double titanium ring. The helmet weighs just 1,150 g (+/- 50 g.) 1.100 g (+/- 50 g.) in M size for E2205 homologation and 1,400 g (+/- 50 g.) in M size for E2205/DOT and AS-NZS homologation."
terraunbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #11393
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,807
Need vs. Want

Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #11394
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 7,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Need vs. Want
For you I'll deliver
ganshert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #11395
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Need vs. Want
And when has that ever stopped you?
Old 05-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #11396
zbl323
n00b

Oddometer: 7
agv

I'll take the helmet! PM'ed
zbl323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #11397
Charleetho
Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer: 1,555
Did I Mention this bike was owned by Blakebird, albeit for a week. Blake bikes seem to be extra popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleetho View Post

For Sale
1980 BMW R100RS Pearl white. Beautiful bike.

$5200.00

Just over 50,000 miles. It has a new clutch, timing chain and gears just a few thousand miles ago. (that is how it was advertised by the dealer)

Includes Krauser side cases. Paint is excellent. The only cosmetic flaws I see are a few stress cracks around the mirrors and a couple small dents in the right muffler. Tires are in great shape.
Runs great. Does leave a couple small spots of oil on the garage floor when left over night. I think it is the oil pan gasket and have a new gasket for it. Just don't have the time to install it.
The only thing I can think of that is wrong is the trip meter reset knob is gone.
Clean title
I purchased this bike a few months ago from a friend (blakebird) who purchased it from Gateway BMW in St Louis. The RS is iconic and I have always wanted to own one. However, I have the opportunity to buy another “must own someday” bike and selling this will help fund it.
Located in Parker, CO (old Colorado area code)-549-2889
05 R1200GS, 01 GL1800A, 99 ATK490, 93 900SS, (must stop looking in Flea Market!)
Charleetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #11398
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleetho View Post
Did I Mention this bike was owned by Blakebird, albeit for a week. Blake bikes seem to be extra popular
That is a sweet bike and very clean. It almost gives mine RS envy. Someone will end up with a super collectable and yet very ride-able bike. I love mine in the twistys and on the open road.

Marc
Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #11399
terraunbound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbl323 View Post
I'll take the helmet! PM'ed
Cool! PM'ing back
terraunbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #11400
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,227
Quote:
Need vs. Want

The color wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it???