ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #11551
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Thanks for posting this, watched it 3 times already.

Lots of good riding tips to think about while I wait for the bikes arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #11552
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post

Like riding in a hospital johnny with your ass hanging out? Please post pix of that... oh wait, never mind: DON'T!
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #11553
Patj551
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:

I'll bring the hospital gown... BUT, I want my cash first!
Signed,
"Little Old Lady"

Patj551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #11554
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,598
Quote:
Big long one too and I'll be keeping my feet on the pegs btw.

So you're back from Trinidad already? Walking in high heels must be a bitch with a injured ankle/foot.

Ancient Chinese Proverb - Don't dab with big bikes
The ankle is mostly better, but I'm sticking with sensible pumps to avoid reinjuring it.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #11555
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patj551 View Post
I'll bring the hospital gown... BUT, I want my cash first!
Signed,
"Little Old Lady"

"LOL",

You'll get your cash ok, it's printed and drying in the microwave as I type. I like to be a step ahead, or a bike length ahead.

I've got the hospital gown covered....got discharged from the hospital in one with pink flowers, wearing my not yet dry long leg cast, hiding my new 7 piece tib/fib.

And I have my old crutches hanging strategically in the garage so all I have to do is reach out and grab em when coming home from a "ride that didn't go as planned".

Hellsickle may want to consider this free advice.

TooFast screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 03:07 PM
Old 06-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #11556
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Cute, I didn't know you ran the Boulder Marathon. How did you do in those comfy red pumps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
The ankle is mostly better, but I'm sticking with sensible pumps to avoid reinjuring it.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #11557
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,598
Quote:
Cute, I didn't know you ran the Boulder Marathon. How did you do in those comfy red pumps?
They were a glittery blue. It was Halloween. I was a "drag racer". That was my first date with Paula and she helped me with my make up and bra.

Now..... Back to buying and selling shit.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #11558
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:

Passable. Very passable. Get a pic on an old bike and post up in the Girl on an Old Bike thread! (really, it'd be too funny)
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #11559
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
They were a glittery blue. It was Halloween. I was a "drag racer". That was my first date with Paula and she helped me with my make up and bra.

Ya, I remember Paula telling me your man boobs were too big for the bra. She wanted to get you a bigger one.
Other than that it was a natural she said.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #11560
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Getting back to selling...
$100

Sheoi RF1000. L. USED (Now new). Never wrecked but has been dropped and or/whacked against something. (see photos). If that gets some all hot and bothered, buy a new one. I believe the helmet has plenty of life and if it didn't put the dreaded red spot of the middle of my forehead after an hour-It would be kept. I got a big, fat head. Which...Arai loves.

I love this helmet, but, recently discovered my head is Arai shaped not Sheoi shaped. My head is oval-not round. How I missed this for the last 10 years? I don't know.

Helmet seals, is quiet, vents well..and all that stuff you expect from Sheoi. I bought it 3 years ago....I think. Either way, it's been largely a shelf queen as the majority of my riding is dirt..now more dual sport. I used it for two track days in Portland and can attest is works at 150mph.

It has the normal clear scratches of being put on a shelf...etc..on the ground. One of the visors has a small scratch in it. Comes with dark and light visor.

Used helmets with this paint scheme on Ebay go for around 120-150. So...I am going for a hundred straight up. Picked up in Parker.

Photos.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #11561
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,135
Midwest Mountain Engineering levers for KTM

I have a set of Midwest Mountain Engineering levers that I just got for my 300, but I decided that I'm going to stick with stock. They're brand new and unopened.

Brake lever (for Brembo brake master cylinders): new was $55, yours for $50.

Clutch lever (for Brembo clutch master cylinders): new was $65, yours for $60.

Most KTM dirt bikes 125-540cc (excluding 400 LC4s) have the Brembo brake, but the Brembo clutch is primarily found on the 2-strokes and newer dirt bikes. Check the application chart (or your bike) to confirm.

Get the pair for $100. Shipping anywhere within the USA is another $20 because I don't really want to ship them so come and pick them up in Colorado Springs.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #11562
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Getting back to selling...
$100

Sheoi RF1000. L. USED (Now new). Never wrecked but has been dropped and or/whacked against something. (see photos). If that gets some all hot and bothered, buy a new one. I believe the helmet has plenty of life and if it didn't put the dreaded red spot of the middle of my forehead after an hour-It would be kept. I got a big, fat head. Which...Arai loves.

I love this helmet, but, recently discovered my head is Arai shaped not Sheoi shaped. My head is oval-not round. How I missed this for the last 10 years? I don't know.

Helmet seals, is quiet, vents well..and all that stuff you expect from Sheoi. I bought it 3 years ago....I think. Either way, it's been largely a shelf queen as the majority of my riding is dirt..now more dual sport. I used it for two track days in Portland and can attest is works at 150mph.

It has the normal clear scratches of being put on a shelf...etc..on the ground. One of the visors has a small scratch in it. Comes with dark and light visor.

Used helmets with this paint scheme on Ebay go for around 120-150. So...I am going for a hundred straight up. Picked up in Parker.

Photos.

Why would anyone get hot and bothered by a $100 used helmet that's been crashed at 150mph? (I mean, you said it worked...)

More seriously, I pay more attention to what someone does with their helmet when they take it off on the road. If they park it on the mirrors, it's a no-buy.

I never understand why people sell things they love. But then I don't understand why people love things either.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #11563
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
Why would anyone get hot and bothered by a $100 used helmet that's been crashed at 150mph? (I mean, you said it worked...)

More seriously, I pay more attention to what someone does with their helmet when they take it off on the road. If they park it on the mirrors, it's a no-buy.

I never understand why people sell things they love. But then I don't understand why people love things either.
Uh, yeah, by worked, I mean...it didn't get sucked off my head like some of my other, cheaper helmets did.

The mirror parking think is odd to me..why not just set it on the ground? Not like its going to fall on the ground...when it's there already. Anyway....
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #11564
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
I haven't had one fall off the mirror either. On the 950 that's missing a right side mirror I just slip the helmet over the end of right handle bar and hand guard. Sitting in a parking lot BSing for an hour is stupid wind gust and it stayed right there.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #11565
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Uh, yeah, by worked, I mean...it didn't get sucked off my head like some of my other, cheaper helmets did.

The mirror parking think is odd to me..why not just set it on the ground? Not like its going to fall on the ground...when it's there already. Anyway....
It didn't blow off 'cause it was vice gripped to your forehead. Just sayin'...

In some situations a helmet on the ground is a distress signal. In others it might pick up sand or sticky tar. Sometimes small insects are attracted to the smell or moisture of sweat, or just some shade. Usually these are the more aggressive biting kind of insects. The non-aggressive, non-biting kind have little camel backs, air conditioned campers and KTMs.

I usually drop my helmet in it's bag (to protect the visor as much as anything,) and hang it off something.