ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #1366
Secondtear
Secondtear

Oddometer: 580
[quote=mdaniels]Have two of these Tool Tubes for sale. I bought them a bit ago, but can't find a suitable place to install them on my bike. Each are $5 (same as "new") and I've already cleaned the graphics off of them. I'll ship them as long as you're willing to pay the extra. ]

pm sent
Secondtear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #1367
Aquilius
Two Axes, No Waiting

Oddometer: 210
Anakee Front Tire 04 GS

Hey all, since totalling my GS I have gotten rid of most of my spare farkles, but still have sitting around a ~3k mile Anakee front tire. It even has it's 'dynabeads' still in it. Tire is in good shape with plenty of life left (as verified by Woody's) and was removed right before westfest to put TKC's on.

*sigh*

yes, I put brand new TKC's on my brand new retrued by Woody's wheels and then totalled the bike with less than 400 miles on them. But what sweeeet miles those were!

Buying an RT to replace the GS so I don't need the tire anymore. WTF you ask?!?! Decided that some flavor of a 400 - 450 next spring might let me see more of these beautiful CO trails than a GS. Plus I still have that Kawaski 100 to fix up, so someone come take this tire off of my hands! FREE!

PM me. In Broomfield, CO.

Cheers!

Aquilius

83 GL650i Silverwing
Saving for a house, then another GS(A)!

http://picasaweb.google.com/searlst
Aquilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #1368
Secondtear
Secondtear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilius
Hey all, since totalling my GS I have gotten rid of most of my spare farkles, but still have sitting around a ~3k mile Anakee front tire. It even has it's 'dynabeads' still in it. Tire is in good shape with plenty of life left (as verified by Woody's) and was removed right before westfest to put TKC's on.

*sigh*

yes, I put brand new TKC's on my brand new retrued by Woody's wheels and then totalled the bike with less than 400 miles on them. But what sweeeet miles those were!

Buying an RT to replace the GS so I don't need the tire anymore. WTF you ask?!?! Decided that some flavor of a 400 - 450 next spring might let me see more of these beautiful CO trails than a GS. Plus I still have that Kawaski 100 to fix up, so someone come take this tire off of my hands! FREE!

PM me. In Broomfield, CO.

Cheers!

Aquilius
Dude!!! When did you wreck your GS? I didn't hear about that. Still posting, so I assume everyone's ok.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #1369
Aquilius
Two Axes, No Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondtear
Dude!!! When did you wreck your GS? I didn't hear about that. Still posting, so I assume everyone's ok.
Not wanting to hijack the forum, I'll keep this short. We are fine, but 4 words.

-Devil's Punchbowl

-Rock Slide

-Idiot

Okay, that's 5, but the last one is the most important.

Now that my insurance claim is all settled I plan on posting a ride report from DMoney's and my epic adventure after WestFest. But here's a tease:

Why the Hell not?!??! We had six (count them SIX) riders tell us we'd have no problem on the trail with our bikes. Maybe we should have paid attention to the fact that none of them had tried this on a GS, but only 250 dirt bikes or ATV's....

Nothing like scraping your valve covers all the way down.

The inevitable result of a failed mating of DMoney's 1200 GS and Terra Firma. Bash plate? What bash plate? This rock didn't believe in safe sex.

Check out the ride reports mid to late next week for more.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flea marketing.

Todd

83 GL650i Silverwing

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #1370
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,282
You totalled a GS on Schofield Pass?
Sorry for your loss but
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #1371
Secondtear
Secondtear

Yikes. Awaiting the ride report and pictures with morbid curiosity...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #1372
Aquilius
Two Axes, No Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
You totalled a GS on Schofield Pass?
Sorry for your loss but
Technically, no, I didn't total it there as we rode safely out to Carbondale (edit: and by safely I mean, OH MY GOD IS THIS EVER GOING TO END!! sort of safely , all the while pumping oil into the bike every 5 miles) ... I just destroyed my right side valve cover to the point that JB Weld wouldn't even fix it. Now personally *I* almost died, but the GS's (both) only took valve cover and/or oil filter damage going over Scofield.

Most of the cosmetic damage you see in my pics (see sig below) on my GS happened when I 'forgot' I shut off my abs on Cimarron pass rd and flew ass over end at 30mph when I locked up the front brakes. My insurance company was going to total the bike instead of paying for the valve cover, abs sensor and tank, so I said I'd buy it back (they even offered not to 'salvage' the bike in the process).

My insurance company wouldn't pay for a uhaul, but they said they'd tow it the next day for me. I agreed and left back to Broomfield with the bike at the KTM dealership in carbondale. Evidently the tow driver who showed up figured the bike was completely trashed and just threw a tow strap around it and drug it up onto his truck and left it like that for the entire ride back to their lot. When I finally got the bike back expecting only to see the same damage you see in the pics, I was incredibly pissed off to find that my entire left side of the bike was now also trashed to the point I couldn't justify trying to fix it all.

So whereas Scofield almost toasted me and definitely left it's mark on the GS, I blame human stupidity as the ultimate cause of it's demise.

But again, more later in the Ride Reports. (Sorry moderators!)

Cheers!

Todd

83 GL650i Silverwing

Aquilius screwed with this post 09-18-2008 at 11:03 AM
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #1373
EagleFeather
Flyin' High

Oddometer: 2,227
Garmin GPSmap 60cs - complete package with all the maps!

***SOLD***

Its all here - everything you need!

The GPSMap 60CS is packed with navigational features, but Garmin knows that a great device has to go beyond a simple color display to be the cream of the crop. With that, Garmin has upped the ante on this lightweight, rugged, waterproof unit, offering a 256-color, highly reflective display that provides easy viewing in almost any lighting condition, including bright sunlight. This transreflective TFT, 2.6-inch-diagonal screen provides excellent viewing while maximizing battery life (up to twenty hours with typical use).

Map display.

Altimeter display.

Displays trip details.

The GPSMap 60CS packs GPS navigation into a compact, waterproof device.
The GPSMap 60CS adds two premium features to the basic design of the less expensive 60C model: an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter, both crucial for highland adventures. These sensors, when combined with GPS technology, provide enhanced bearing and elevation readings. A barometric sensor with automatic pressure readings allows you to view changes in pressure for a set period of time. With the elevation computer, you can find current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum and maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, and average and maximum ascent and descent rate. The trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more.
The WAAS GPS receiver has an accuracy of 10 feet in North America. With the 50 reversible routes, 10,000 track points, and 500 waypoints, you're sure to have enough tools to find your way. A fast processor allows the 60CS to provide quick auto-routing, turn-by-turn directions, and audio alerts when the unit uses optional MapSource software, which can be stored on the 56 MB of internal memory. Downloading information is quick with the USB or serial port interfaces. By using the dedicated serial port, the GPSMap 60CS can share navigation instructions with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots. The four-position rocker pad and dedicated high-use buttons make navigating through the unit's features easy, even when your fingers are cold or wet.
The GPSMap 60CS is also packed with some extra fun features. An integrated outdoor calendar provides ideal hunting and fishing times, plus moon rise/set/location information. There is a dedicated geocaching mode for those of you into the popular, GPS community treasure hunt game. And finally, there are indoor/outdoor GPS games to help you and your friends enjoy the outdoors.

Also included;
12v (cigarette lighter plug) power cord
suction cup windshield mount
2 handlebar mounts (fits most bicycles, atv's, motorcycles)
USB connector
Belt Clip carrier

Maps included are;
City Select North America 2005, 2006, 2007
City Navigator North America 2008
MetroGuide USA
WorldMaps
US Topo maps
National Parks West 24k topo maps

Unit works perfectly - I have even installed weather stripping in the battery compartment to keep the batteries from vibrating loose while on a motorcycle.

Sold as a package deal only

$300 for everything

Surf the World
www.couchsurfing.com

Motorcycle Travel Network
www.motorcycle-travel.net

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com

EagleFeather screwed with this post 09-18-2008 at 04:58 PM
EagleFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #1374
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,170
P.M. sent

[IMG]images/statusiconCrash/post_old.gif[/IMG] Today, 12:17 PM
«EagleFeather»
Flyin' High

[IMG]image.php?u=22479&dateline=1148497931[/IMG]

Oddometer: 2,172
[IMG]images/misc/im_yahoo.gif[/IMG] [IMG]images/misc/im_skype.gif[/IMG]

Garmin GPSmap 60cs - complete package with all the maps!

Its all here - everything you need!

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #1375
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,649
What a deal. If I did not already have 5 GPS's I would be all over this.

Marc
Old 09-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #1376
Wild Will
Daily Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
V-Strom 1000 seat

I need a V-Strom 1000 seat. Does anyone have one? I have a 650 seat if you want one. Trades?

williamgoldberg@hotmail.com
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #1377
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Oddometer: 866
Chest protector/hydration system barely used

SOLD

ZAC SPEED EXOTEC RP-3 PROTECTORS - $89. plus shipping
Protection:
• Polycarbonate chest plate
• Integrated articulating pack shield
• Airmesh suspended shoulder guards
• Biofoam contour padding
• Removable adjustable bicep guards
• Adjustable, pivoting shoulder guards
Hydration:
• Insulated weave covered tube with Grunge-Guard
• 3 litre, taste free, source reservoir
• Glass-Like™ antibacterial inner surface
• Gu-Glow Z-Valve™ with dirt shield cap
• Insulator reservoir storage
Innovation:
• 1000D Ballistic Nylon
• Slip lock on adjustable straps
• Back pack conversion kit included
• Water resistant zippers
• Quadload straps reduce load effect and increase comfort

Brand new: $195. I will sell for $89 plus shipping

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/848813763.html

Have a dog that needs training?? www.heavenlydog.net

suzypoozie screwed with this post 09-22-2008 at 09:50 AM
suzypoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 AM   #1378
Failo
Is it spring yet???

Oddometer: 172
Vstrom Stuff

I'm putting my DL1000 back to stock and I'm going to have a bunch of good stuff for sale. In the meantime, I need to swap a couple goodies for stock rather than sell them outright.

First item:
Steve Gowing custom seat. Steve is a seat builder in Ft. Collins who does beautiful work and has done several Vstrom seats. I've tried Corbin and Sargents seats on the Vstrom and this seat way better than either. I paid $290 to have this seat built on my stock pan. I'd like your stock seat (in good condition), and $150.00.

Next item:
I've got Sonic springs and Racetech Goldvalves in the forks. Trade me your forks and $100 and you've just made a huge improvement in your Vstrom suspension. I've also got a Wilbers rear shock that I'll package with the forks if you're interested.

Ride your Vstrom to Ft. Collins and we'll swap parts.
Failo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #1379
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,926
Game on! I stayed up late and finally put it back together!

2002 KX100
NEW cylinder bore, wiseco piston, etc.
FMF pipe and silencer with spark arrestor

The plastic isn't pretty and there are a bunch of stickers on it but it runs like a top and seems faster than the 98 KX100 I raced a few years ago just running it around the block.

I got it with an UGLY piston/cylinder and gave it a new top end, added a few missing bolts, bent the radiator back to almost normal, and ordered new levers that'll be here in two weeks or so. It goes through the gears great, the rear brake works fine, and the clutch feels pretty good. It could use new tires, but will do fine for a little while on the current set.

$1000
We are without a method of picture posting right now so if you want a picture, come take it yourself.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #1380
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
2006 KLR 650 with 2,800 miles. Lower engine guard, hiway pegs, off-road foot pegs, tank bag, Acerbis bark busters, radiator guards, Jardine RT-4 pipe, Kenda rear. Asking $4,250 with stock pipe, or $4,350 with the Jardine. PM me, and I'll send more pictures and details.

2000 DRZ 400E. Plated, Dunlops, skid plate, risers, bark busters, low mileage, new Moose Racing high-output stator. Asking $2,400 PM me for more pics and details.

I still have them both and I still need to move them both !! Spread the word please. Thx

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote