Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #136
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside

My trick is to go to the store 20 minutes before they close, with the flyer coupons in hand. Give the coupons to an employee and they'll get the items for you. It's just like having a personal shopper.

But think of all the DEALS you missed that weren't in the flyer!!!!

You might NEED those tools someday and then they won't be on SALE anymore!!!

Oh, the tragedy!

Saying, "You are full of it" is a banning offense -Putts

Too many n00bs/non-riders/pirates here to be worthwhile any more
VFR_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #137
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
But think of all the DEALS you missed that weren't in the flyer!!!!

You might NEED those tools someday and then they won't be on SALE anymore!!!

Oh, the tragedy!
I hear ya. You can get it all without going to the store.
If you go to the store to look for sales you might miss something

1. The current sale flyers: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do
2. Subscribe online for a weekly email of sale coupons.
3. Check the main page www.harborfreight.com for sale items

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 AM   #138
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Don't try to order online though!

You can also buy it all online too but that is annoying for a number of reasons. Unlike most online sellers they don't get around to actually packing and shipping off your newly-purchased junk for almost a week. Then they ONLY ship via FedEx Ground unless you want to spend an arm and a leg for express shipping. FedEx Ground isn't even really FedEx by anything but the name. It's like a bunch of independent contractors randomly driving unmarked trucks around the country and passing packages to each other as they meet in back lots somewhere. Your package might get to you eventually if it doesn't get sent to Alaska by accident as your item gets shuffled into the wrong truck at one of the back-lot sessions.

Ordering online from them takes approximately 2 weeks to arrive in Chicago if everything goes WELL -and we are theoretically a major hub for shipping companies. God forbid someone live in WI or MI -add at least one or two more days to that -if it doesn't get lost permanently. I've had a few orders from them take over a month. After a month I've already gone and bought the tool somewhere else!

Ordering stuff from NewEnough, where they will let me use USPS or UPS, takes 2 days from the day I ordered it -and they are in Texas or Nevada or something. Love the option to use USPS, even though they don't move as fast as UPS, they have a key to the building so I don't have to worry about missing the driver who can't/won't leave the package out on the sidewalk in front of the building.

/rant

The other problem with HF is their nearest store to me is way out in Arlington Heights which is a 35 minute drive from me in the city if traffic is GOOD. Traffic is rarely GOOD in Chicagoland. But they have a really cute gal there named Hilde who is also nice and friendly. I like the Arlington heights store!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #139
jrs200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
I think I have everything in the store. After my divorce (ex sold all my high $$$ tools) I started buying tools at HF. My new wife calls HF my toy store. Can't argue with that. Had a few go bad, not many and for the price they can be disposable. But they honor their warranty, no questions asked. So their stuff is made in China. Isn't everyones?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #140
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs200
I think I have everything in the store. After my divorce (ex sold all my high $$$ tools) I started buying tools at HF. My new wife calls HF my toy store. Can't argue with that. Had a few go bad, not many and for the price they can be disposable. But they honor their warranty, no questions asked. So their stuff is made in China. Isn't everyones?
I had someone break into my garage and steal all my tools. But it amounts to the same thing. I replaced EVERYTHING I had for about $600 at Harbor Freight. Replacing them with name-brand tools (even Craftsman) would have been over $3k.

Plus, I have even more stuff than I used to.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #141
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs200
Me and my friends call it "The Man Store".

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #142
Aberdeen
Gypsy Rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby
I ride my Strom off the beaten path a lot. So I like to air down to 22psi, bike rides a lot better and I can go a helluva lot faster on gravel corners

Trouble is my Slime pump takes forever to pump my tires back up to street pressure (38psi w/TKC's) It's a good 10 - 15 minute job. Plus my Slime pump does not have a guage

I was in Harbor Freight the other day and ran across this lil pump

I just tried it out. I dropped the back tire down to 22psi and hooked it up. Took about a minute and a half to raise the pressure back up to 38psi

The guage seems to be right on the money. The hose is really nice, it's not one of those brittle plastic hoses, and has a quick disconnect on it

The motor puts out about a tenth the noise as the Slime pump did

It looks kinda big but it really does not take up any more room than my slime pump, and it comes with a storage bag

+1 on this as of today...

Had to go to the Twin Cities for work, and the HF store was just off the highway. Stopped in with my 20% off coupon, found it, went to pay and found out it was only $19.99! Gave her the coupon, and the grand total was $17 and change.

Plugged it in when I got back to the truck to test it before leaving. Pretty solid build, nice air hose, threaded connector for the tire, quick connect for the compressor...I'm impressed.

Looking forward to giving it a shot when I get home, and maybe retiring my much noisier Slime compressor, which BTW still does the job.

Cheers!

2005 1200GS
2005 KLR650
1983 R80RT

BMWMOA# 55196
ABC# 21
IBA# 27873

"Rubber side down, and tear along dotted line..." - K.B.
Aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #143
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,923
Has anyone used the HF motrcross stand. If I go to town this weekend I might pick one up.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66552
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #144
mmitchell57
Vulcan Halfbreed

Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown
Has anyone used the HF motrcross stand. If I go to town this weekend I might pick one up.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66552
I'd secure the front down w/ straps, but it looks like it should work. I've never used one though... DOH!
mmitchell57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #145
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell57
I'd secure the front down w/ straps, but it looks like it should work. I've never used one though... DOH!
Straps to what. Are we looking at the same thing. It is a work stand??
Old 10-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #146
HD4MTNS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I bought the Motocross stand about a month ago. I've used it about a half a dozen times on my XR650. Works great.
HD4MTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #147
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
Me and my friends call it "The Man Store".

Jim
The nearest store to me is in RI. I will cry the day they put one within 20 miles
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #148
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

I jsut bought the HF motocross stand. Works pretty good. It is a little tall for the DR350 and I have to wiggle it into place. The step lever doesn't have enough leverage, and/or i am too skinney. I need to stand up on the step in order to lift the bike.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #149
bluegroove
Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer: 441
I just bought the stand also. $18.99 on sale. I like it. Works fine even with my KTM 640. lots easier than lifting the bike! It's a bit wobbly, but I think any of those type would be.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #150
CollinsB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly
Thing is, you often don't NEED the stuff until you NEED it.

I walk down the aisle and find Tool X and think to myself, "Jesh, that is a good price. I might need a Tool X someday and if I come back to HF it'll be back up to $29.99 instead of $4.50. I should buy it!"

Those damn low-low sales prices tempt you into buying shit you probably don't need but you just WANT, just in case. Hell it's on SALE!!!

Too funny! ....I do the same. Got a HB MC Lift that has been golden, Pipe wrenches, vice, pry bars, etc...I'm always picking up stuff there.

It's a Godamm Man store alright!
CollinsB is offline   Reply With Quote