Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Thanks for clearing that up TwoWheels
mdloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #47
zed88
n00bilicious

Oddometer: 1,297
Mdloops what gear were you wearing when you got that rash? What was the situation?
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #48
mdloops OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88
Mdloops what gear were you wearing when you got that rash? What was the situation?
Lowside at between 30-35MPH.

Bike was insured for more than I paid, so I bought a new bike.

mdloops screwed with this post 03-29-2007 at 10:01 AM
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #49
blitzkreig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdloops
Lowside at between 35-40 MPH. Bad news is my girlfriend and I sustained injuries and I totalled my bike, good news is I saved a cat that day! Hint: 40 degree temps, cold pavement, and swerving did not equal success for me.
Sigh ... what some will do for pussy.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #50
mdloops OP
Adventurer

I needed a good laugh
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #51
mdloops OP
Adventurer

THESE ARE ONLY STATEMENTS MADE BY ME AND VISA HAS NOT MADE A DECISION YET AS TO THE DISPUTE.

Just to add something that transpired today. Wayne has decided for his own reasons not to give me a full refund on the pants. I have made a claim with Visa and they will be investigating things shortly.

I will post details on the result, either way, when it is all over. These were off the shelf pants. Needless to say, this has been the worst shopping experience of my life.

mdloops screwed with this post 03-28-2007 at 06:48 PM
Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #52
zed88
n00bilicious

Well I'm going to do a full motoport review here in the future, but today I received my air mesh pants and liners. Total time from order, to receiving the product was less than 2 weeks (i'm 4 days out shipping wise). The pants fit perfect, and Wayne was incredibly helpful in our 5 or so emails, and 1 phone conversation. The pants are excellent, well made, and arrived exactly as described. Everything worked out perfect including some modifications, and I have no reservations about ordering a Jacket very soon (darn school costs to much money). I've also been the test mule for a few of my friends, and they will soon be placing their orders shortly. Every interaction I've had with the company has been very quick, professional and helpful. I realize other's have had trouble, but as a run of the mill customer with no special attributes I had a great transaction. I'll post full review soon :)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #53
Thor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
This policy from the site?

"All Cycleport products are fully guaranteed
against any manufacturing defects for 2 years.
If the colors or size is incorrect simply return
the item within 30 days for a full refund, or
exchange it for the correct size or color as needed."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #54
mdloops OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed88
Well I'm going to do a full motoport review here in the future, but today I received my air mesh pants and liners. Total time from order, to receiving the product was less than 2 weeks (i'm 4 days out shipping wise). The pants fit perfect, and Wayne was incredibly helpful in our 5 or so emails, and 1 phone conversation. The pants are excellent, well made, and arrived exactly as described. Everything worked out perfect including some modifications, and I have no reservations about ordering a Jacket very soon (darn school costs to much money). I've also been the test mule for a few of my friends, and they will soon be placing their orders shortly. Every interaction I've had with the company has been very quick, professional and helpful. I realize other's have had trouble, but as a run of the mill customer with no special attributes I had a great transaction. I'll post full review soon :)
Cool, please do post up what kind of bike you have as I have found this definitely makes a difference.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #55
mdloops OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
This policy from the site?

"All Cycleport products are fully guaranteed
against any manufacturing defects for 2 years.
If the colors or size is incorrect simply return
the item within 30 days for a full refund, or
exchange it for the correct size or color as needed."
In short: He did not honor that policy. For more rules that apply to all visa merchants click below. All consumers should know what their rights are.

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchan..._merchants.pdf

mdloops screwed with this post 03-28-2007 at 07:05 PM
Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #56
zed88
n00bilicious

I have a DL650 with a upright seating position. I definitely think these pants are too bulky to be used on a sport bike, but for sitting upright I've been very impressed. I think the armor would definitely need to be changed, and probably material lengthened and shortened in certain areas to make it comfortable for riding a sport bike.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #57
harley1550
Touring Rider

Oddometer: 218
Did you return the pants to Cycleport in mint condition?

Quote:
In short: He did not honor that policy. For more rules that apply to all visa merchants click below. All consumers should know what their rights are.

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchan..._merchants.pdf
The vast majority of posts point to Wayne's great service and his bending over backwards to help customers out. That has certainly been my experience with him. I recently bought a waist length air mesh jacket and paints with the liners. The gear is premium quality, fits great, and the customer service has been superb.

Did you return the pants to Cycleport in the identical condition they were in when you received them? Any info. you may have inadvertantly left out that isn't too supportive of your case? Perhaps not but your experience is pretty far off from what I've read that others had, or that I experienced.
harley1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #58
mdloops OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1550
The vast majority of posts point to Wayne's great service and his bending over backwards to help customers out. That has certainly been my experience with him. I recently bought a waist length air mesh jacket and paints with the liners. The gear is premium quality, fits great, and the customer service has been superb.

Did you return the pants to Cycleport in the identical condition they were in when you received them? Any info. you may have inadvertantly left out that isn't too supportive of your case? Perhaps not but your experience is pretty far off from what I've read that others had, or that I experienced.
For the sake of being respectful to Wayne's business and this thread I will not get into this conversation. I am not looking to have an argument with me vs. Wayne's supporters. When Visa makes a ruling, I will post more details as to what transpired. This week I had to consult with an attorney and have him read this entire thread. Why you ask? Well, something made me fear a legal suit. Do the math. This has not been a good experience for me.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:02 AM   #59
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '13

Oddometer: 1,797
Quote:
Practicality:For those of us who commute to college or go out with our friends these pants are about as impractical as it gets.
Tell the truth, your buddies are wearing jeans to class, aren't they? Or (at best) $99 low-end overpants, that fold up into nuttin'.

Sounds like you just need the kelvar pants altered. Try to work something out with him in that department.

Let's talk after a major crash when you are out riding 6 weeks before your plastic-melted-in-skin, shaved-down-knee-capped, road-rashed buddies.

-Eff

Effervescent screwed with this post 03-31-2007 at 07:09 AM
Effervescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:13 AM   #60
mdloops OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescent
Tell the truth, your buddies are wearing jeans to class, aren't they? Or (at best) $99 low-end overpants, thta fold up into nuttin'.

Let's talk after a major crash when you are out riding 6 weeks before your plastic-melted-in-skin, shaved-down-knee-capped, road-rashed buddies.

-Eff
I do not even ride with anybody who goes to college. Stereotyping is not cool. I am sorry if you were badly injured in a crash but that does not mean these pants are the right product for me or "my buddies". A good product is more than a way to pacify personal fears, the customer should feel satisfied that they made the purchase as well. But, since I go to college does that make me somebody who wears poor gear? I own about $1K in gear right now.

I see a lot of older white men on cruisers wearing no gear, does that mean that all older white men who ride cruisers do not wear gear?

mdloops screwed with this post 03-31-2007 at 07:26 AM