ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #61
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Whitewright Tx.
Oddometer: 429
Easy guys. This is a awesome disscussion about Cycleport.

I want to thank mdloops for sharing his experiance with us.
He has allways been open and honest about what has happend and I haven't seen him say anything other than what he has experienced.

I own a Cycleport jacket and I am awaiting my pants from them. I am sasitified customer. Though I have things with my jacket I would like to change and when the riding season gets over I will send my jacket back to them for a few modificatons.

Since Cycleport points you to this sight for disscussions on how good their gear is, this is also the proper place to have discussions on the problems with their gear or their service.

I wish mdloops would have not had his problem with them. I have also seen a couple other posts on this site that have had conserns with Cycleport also.

Sadly to say that Cycleport lost one customer ie. mdloops and his problems with Cycleport show that they are human also and make mistakes.
__________________
03 XR650L, 92 XR250L ,01 DRZ400, 95 KDX200, 03 KTM 640 E, 2010 Husaberg FE450
McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #62
makinwaves
Beastly Adventurer
 
makinwaves's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Travelling in South America!
Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1550
The vast majority of posts point to Wayne's great service and his bending over backwards to help customers out. That has certainly been my experience with him. I recently bought a waist length air mesh jacket and paints with the liners. The gear is premium quality, fits great, and the customer service has been superb.
Actually, from what I've read on this thread, and the "first impressions" thread, customer service is top notch for those that buy the product and are very happy. However, for those that have problems or are not happy, customer service is quite poor and, although I'm guessing here, believe that Wayne becomes personally insulted that someone doesn't like his product and forgets his obligations regarding refunds, exchanges and guarantees.

mdloops - i like your approach in all of your dealings with Wayne and with those on this thread that try to engage you into useless arguing. Very professional!
makinwaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #63
mdloops OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 37
Thanks guys. It helps knowing people are understanding my opinions for what they are, and are not viewing them as personal attacks. Surely that is not my intent.
mdloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #64
harley1550
Touring Rider
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinwaves
Actually, from what I've read on this thread, and the "first impressions" thread, customer service is top notch for those that buy the product and are very happy. However, for those that have problems or are not happy, customer service is quite poor and, although I'm guessing here, believe that Wayne becomes personally insulted that someone doesn't like his product and forgets his obligations regarding refunds, exchanges and guarantees.

mdloops - i like your approach in all of your dealings with Wayne and with those on this thread that try to engage you into useless arguing. Very professional!
We'll see. After having been around retail for years this story appears to me to be a one sided attempt to convince people of something without presenting the negative parts on his side. Time will tell but Cycleport, or any other company, isn't going to get on here and say, 'listen guys, the real facts here, that he conveniently hasen't told you about, are . . . .'. When he throws in the rot about having his attorney read the entire thread, blah, blah, blah, that should be enough of a clue as to who we're dealing with. His pants cost $289. and he got an attorney! Yeah, right. lol Maybe he can tell us when the U.S. Supreme Court will hear this case, and oh yeah, while he's at it maybe he can tell us 'the rest of the story' as to why Cycleport didn't refund his money. Use youe sense of smell guys!

harley1550 screwed with this post 03-31-2007 at 10:16 AM
harley1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #65
mdloops OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 37
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1550
We'll see. After having been around retail for years this story appears to me to be a one sided attempt to convince people of something without presenting the negative parts on his side. Time will tell but Cycleport, or any other company, isn't going to get on here and say, 'listen guys, the real facts here, that he conveniently hasen't told you about, are . . . .'. When he throws in the rot about having his attorney read the entire thread, blah, blah, blah, that should be enough of a clue as to who we're dealing with. His pants cost $289. and he got an attorney! Yeah, right. lol Maybe he can tell us when the U.S. Supreme Court will hear this case, and oh yeah, while he's at it maybe he can tell us 'the rest of the story' as to why Cycleport didn't refund his money. Use youe sense of smell guys!
For the record, I obtained legal advice because of a threat to take legal action against me for this thread, a threat that I have an electronic copy of (which WILL NOT BE SHARED, so do not ask to see it). Legally, I feel by releasing any side of the story I could harm Wayne or his business, so I will not discuss details. For the problems I have faced through voicing my opinion on a product in the United States of America this simply isn't worth it.

This thread has turned into a feeding frenzy for those looking to pick fights; I feel it no longer helps anybody make an accurate or informed purchase with their money, therefore to avoid further problems and to ensure no harm comes of Wayne or his business I am completely done with this thread. If anybody has any further questions about my opinion of the product then you can email me.

All matters from here will be kept private. It is unfortunate that my being open and honest about my experiences has been construed by some as an act of malice against a company.

Have a good day and I hope something I have said here regarding the product itself will help others make better decisions than I have. Additionally, Wayne has come on here in other threads and defended his company, but I certainly feel that is unnecessary as I am not attacking him nor Cycleport.

Thanks,

Mark Lupiani

mdloops screwed with this post 03-31-2007 at 11:03 AM
mdloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #66
Thor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdloops
For the record, I obtained legal advice because of a threat to take legal action against me for this thread, a threat that I have an electronic copy of (which WILL NOT BE SHARED, so do not ask to see it). Legally, I feel by releasing any side of the story I could harm Wayne or his business, so I will not discuss details. For the problems I have faced through voicing my opinion on a product in the United States of America this simply isn't worth it.

This thread has turned into a feeding frenzy for those looking to pick fights; I feel it no longer helps anybody make an accurate or informed purchase with their money, therefore to avoid further problems and to ensure no harm comes of Wayne or his business I am completely done with this thread. If anybody has any further questions about my opinion of the product then you can email me.

All matters from here will be kept private. It is unfortunate that my being open and honest about my experiences has been construed by some as an act of malice against a company.

Have a good day and I hope something I have said here regarding the product itself will help others make better decisions than I have. Additionally, Wayne has come on here in other threads and defended his company, but I certainly feel that is unnecessary as I am not attacking him nor Cycleport.

Thanks,

Mark Lupiani
Good, because I was about to tell my mom on you!
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #67
zed88
n00bilicious
 
zed88's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Pingree grove il nw chicago
Oddometer: 1,297
I think that Mark should have the ability to discuss all his problems with motoport here without being attacked. I've got a pair of pants that I absolutely love, and eventually will have the whole setup. Wayne's been great to me but I'm sure he's not great to all his customers (if you have 100 customers, your going to get a few jerks) so I'd expect that every once and awhile we will hear a bad story. Thats part of doing bussiness. I would like to hear what Mark has to say simply because he may be a pain in the butt, or he might have a legitimate beef.

Motoport is great, but don't become so invested in the product that you can't see any wrong with it ever! That's unrealistic and its going to trigger red flags for many buyers that read this thread and aren't even registered. Its much easier to buy a product after hearing a beef, deciding if its a legitimate complaint and then base your decision on it. People have had problems with Rukka, and Aerostich, bmw and Olympia too. We let those people discuss their opinions and Mark should too. We are trying to find out which product has the least problems, not which one is most vehemently defended by their owners (and I own a vstrom )

Mark you're also under increased scrutiny, and should outline your situation more clearly. You've bought a pair of pants and are attempting to return them. Are you expecting them to refund your shipping, are they messing with your visa card, (maybe making threats via email?), are they refusing to take the product back, is it damaged? Were they custom made, or standard sizes. Please flesh out all the details and understand that even if there is information that is negative towards your side, people will call BS if you don't supply it.

This thread is to help people make good decisions, not to flame those who don't follow the majority opinion. I also must remind everyone at this point that for every negative review you read on the internet you need to remember that there are a large amount of owners that won't bother posting because they had a great experience and thats the end of the story.
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #68
makinwaves
Beastly Adventurer
 
makinwaves's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Travelling in South America!
Oddometer: 1,883
Litigation and legal suits in the US is nuts! So if you post a negative opinion about a product and are sued on the grounds of defamation and potential loss of revenue, can you also sue a company when you post a positive opinion and claim a percentage of the increase in revenue the company receives??? If that's the case, I gotta get a lawyer...I'm going to be rich!!

Zed88 - good post, especially the first two paragraphs.

Harley - your first and only two posts ever are on this thread and attacking in nature. seems much more likely that you have the hidden agenda. Sorry, you have no credibility in my book.

mdloops - good luck! Hope you and Motoport can come to a mutual agreement.
makinwaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #69
harley1550
Touring Rider
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Oddometer: 219
"Harley - your first and only two posts ever are on this thread and attacking in nature. seems much more likely that you have the hidden agenda. Sorry, you have no credibility in my book".

Whoa! No credibility in Canada boys 'book'! I hope I can sleep tonight. lol

Hey, I'm all for hearing problems folks have and balancing the pros and cons before purchasing an item. In fact, I did that in this case. I read the guys slam on Cycleport, on nearly every part of the equipment and company, though he likes to preface those slams with 'I don't want to hurt Cycleport' (lol!), before I bought. I read everything I could find on the net about Cycleport. From talking to folks here who have dealt with Cycleport, reading much different experiences online, and asking Wayne about his return policy and why someone would not get a refund, it was clear to me, without asking Cycleport about this guy specifically, that the guy is giving a 'partial' story. To label that as 'honest' because the guy prefaced his slams with 'I don't want to hurt Cycleport' is a joke. Who knows it is honest? The guy can say anything he wants to say, even the goofy inferences that he was threatened, and some will thank him for his honesty (lol) and some will call it as they see it, a half story full of holes. Such is life.

Call Wayne and ask about the return policy and what could possibly prevent you from being able to return your gear in the 30 day period. I think you'll be convinced that 97-98 out of every 100 trying to return gear for a full refund have no problems at all. I have zero doubt that I could return my jacket, pants, and both liners and get a full refund. Zero doubt, but I also know that all the gear I bought is in the same shape that it was in when I received it.
harley1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #70
Bitt
Wanderlusting
 
Bitt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Deception Pass, USA
Oddometer: 691
+1 here.

You got it pretty well covered Harley. The words may say one thing but the tone is perfectly clear. I would also add for a guy who "doesn't want to hurt Cycleport" he sure as hell stomped anybody posting a positve response in an effort to throw some balance to this bullshit.

And no I don't have any affiliation to Cycleport. In fact.... I don't care if the stuff was from Walmart - as long as it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1550
"Harley - your first and only two posts ever are on this thread and attacking in nature. seems much more likely that you have the hidden agenda. Sorry, you have no credibility in my book".

Whoa! No credibility in Canada boys 'book'! I hope I can sleep tonight. lol

Hey, I'm all for hearing problems folks have and balancing the pros and cons before purchasing an item. In fact, I did that in this case. I read the guys slam on Cycleport, on nearly every part of the equipment and company, though he likes to preface those slams with 'I don't want to hurt Cycleport' (lol!), before I bought. I read everything I could find on the net about Cycleport. From talking to folks here who have dealt with Cycleport, reading much different experiences online, and asking Wayne about his return policy and why someone would not get a refund, it was clear to me, without asking Cycleport about this guy specifically, that the guy is giving a 'partial' story. To label that as 'honest' because the guy prefaced his slams with 'I don't want to hurt Cycleport' is a joke. Who knows it is honest? The guy can say anything he wants to say, even the goofy inferences that he was threatened, and some will thank him for his honesty (lol) and some will call it as they see it, a half story full of holes. Such is life.

Call Wayne and ask about the return policy and what could possibly prevent you from being able to return your gear in the 30 day period. I think you'll be convinced that 97-98 out of every 100 trying to return gear for a full refund have no problems at all. I have zero doubt that I could return my jacket, pants, and both liners and get a full refund. Zero doubt, but I also know that all the gear I bought is in the same shape that it was in when I received it.
Bitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #71
soloyosh
Dad and husband
 
soloyosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: LHC, AZ
Oddometer: 5,478
I sent Wayne an email inquiring about the plusses and minuses of CE certification and asking if he thought his gear would pass. I was seriously looking at the Trek 1-piece at the time. Rather than answer my email directly, he chose to air it here. He proceeded to imply that I was a dolt (debatable) for wanting gear that met the CE standards.

One of the "deleted" Motoport threads had Wayne threatening legal action against a poster.

His gear may be great, but I get the feeling that if I bought it I would not enjoy the support that he provides the "happy" customers.
__________________
2007 Aprilia RXV 5.5
soloyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #72
Thor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloyosh
I sent Wayne an email inquiring about the plusses and minuses of CE certification and asking if he thought his gear would pass. I was seriously looking at the Trek 1-piece at the time. Rather than answer my email directly, he chose to air it here. He proceeded to imply that I was a dolt (debatable) for wanting gear that met the CE standards.

One of the "deleted" Motoport threads had Wayne threatening legal action against a poster.

His gear may be great, but I get the feeling that if I bought it I would not enjoy the support that he provides the "happy" customers.
Got a link? I have his gear, but I have bought it all used. If this is really what he does, we need to know.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #73
eaglemike
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: san Diego
Oddometer: 904
First communication can be an issue - if someone calls me up and starts giving me grief, it sure takes extra effort to keep from giving it back. I know there are a LOT of people that think the customer is always right. They are - up to a point. If you've ever done retail - you know what I'm talking about.

Now - specific to this thread. Before mdloops ever called Wayne after getting his pants, he started a bashing! Even though he said he wasn't, looking at the thread title and the wording, it sure seemed like it to me.

While I can symapthize with his disappointment, I think it was a BIG mistake to start this thread at that time. Doing something like that is NOT going to make any vendor happy about making the customer happy. A little restraint might have helped out quite a bit.

Yeah, I know - people here are ripping on me, because I'm a manufacturer/vendor. IMHO it's best to try to see both sides of the issue.

The internet has both been a blessing and a curse. I've seen many times people just seem to feel a need to stir things up. Many times hiding their motive (if any) and true identity. I'm NOT saying this thread is about that - just a general observation. Edit: people here might be surprised to learn about the grief one gets just being a vendor in the particlular arena.

I have zero financial interest in Cycleport/Motorport.

all the best,

Mike
eaglemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #74
bone
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 99
I'll say this much: Wayne definitely seems to have a real problem with taking criticism, even constructive criticism. On some of the now-banned threads, this forum lost a lot of good information on general safety standards with regards to gear in large part because Wayne couldn't maintain his professionalism and ended up getting into a pissing match with License2Ill.

Having witnessed some of these outbursts and read rumours of how Wayne's businesses have failed in the past in large part due to his own personal conflicts, as a consumer I am pretty wary of doing business with Motoport. I have no doubt that their gear is some of the safest, toughest gear around - but that seems to be only the beginning of the 'issues' in too many cases.
bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #75
soloyosh
Dad and husband
 
soloyosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: LHC, AZ
Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Got a link? I have his gear, but I have bought it all used. If this is really what he does, we need to know.
I just checked and I think the post was nuked by the Admins for him posting outside the vendor area.
__________________
2007 Aprilia RXV 5.5
soloyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014