ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
noahr OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Seatac bike Parking?

I'm from Vancouver and I'm going to book a flight to NYC out of Seattle, April 02-08. (jetblue has some deals! $299 tax in return!)

Is there any free parking there or nearby for motorcycles?

Any tips would be great!

thanks!
noahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,388

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Seatac Bike Parking

I live about 5 miles from Seatac. I'm willing to store your bike in my garage. I don't know of any safe free parking near the airport.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
faceman
currently ADV-less..

Oddometer: 161
you could call one of the local airport parking lots and see what kind of rates
they'd give you. when I park & fly, I've had good results with

Doug Fox Parking http://www.dougfoxparking.com/

and

Airstar/ShuttlePark http://www.shuttlepark.com/

Both real close, and of course it helps that my wife works there

95 KLR650 - '02 KTM 640 Adventure R,... Gone, but not forgotten
faceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,771
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
I live about 5 miles from Seatac. I'm willing to store your bike in my garage. I don't know of any safe free parking near the airport.
I was gonna' say - there AIN'T no safe bike parking at/near the airport, but Steven just nailed it with that one. WTG dude!
tony the tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
ok, but how does one get to/from your house to the airport?

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
OK inside information here, and it's not technically "right". Yes, there is designated free motorcycle parking for employees on the 3rd floor of the parking garage (It is limited).

You enter on the arrivals level just past the rental car return - where the hotel/shuttle buses and taxi's enter the parking garage. Ride all the way through the floor until you see the end of the island past the yellow-elevator bank.

Good luck and this is ADVrider only information.

(P.S. I say not technically correct because they do require the employee to submit their license plate number for varification but It's not something they would regularly check)

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame
ok, but how does one get to/from your house to the airport?
I can probably be talked in to driving him to/from the airport depending on the arrival and departure times.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
velocity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
I live about 1.5 miles from the airport and have a garage. You're welcome to keep your bike here. If you let me take your bike for a test spin I may even drive you to the airport ;)

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahr
I'm from Vancouver and I'm going to book a flight to NYC out of Seattle, April 02-08. (jetblue has some deals! $299 tax in return!)

Is there any free parking there or nearby for motorcycles?

Any tips would be great!

thanks!
velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
klebel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacWestGS
OK inside information here, and it's not technically "right". Yes, there is designated free motorcycle parking for employees on the 3rd floor of the parking garage (It is limited).

You enter on the arrivals level just past the rental car return - where the hotel/shuttle buses and taxi's enter the parking garage. Ride all the way through the floor until you see the end of the island past the yellow-elevator bank.

Good luck and this is ADVrider only information.

(P.S. I say not technically correct because they do require the employee to submit their license plate number for varification but It's not something they would regularly check)
So if I leave my bike in that parking (I know exactly where you mean) do you think I will get towed? I didn't realize that was only for employees. I am headed to NYC for 3 days.
klebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by klebel
So if I leave my bike in that parking (I know exactly where you mean) do you think I will get towed? I didn't realize that was only for employees. I am headed to NYC for 3 days.
No, not likely, you might get a note, but I haven't seen that either. I doubt very much anyone is taking notice of that particular area, and I doubt that everyone that parks there has taken the time to register their plate with the office.

Obviously if it became an overly used area, and sometimes it has been to capacity, then maybe they would warn people to register so they could control things.

You can park against the wall opposite the triangle as well, back in and nobody is taking notes...

Let me know PM what dates, and I'll keep an eye on your bike.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
pheepster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Is this still a viable option? I might be giving it a try.
pheepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
GOMA
Get Off My A$$

Oddometer: 68
SeaTac bike parking

I just moved from San Diego to the PNW and am working out travel issues. I have to go back to work for a few days and was thinking of riding the MC to the airport instead of dealing with the ferries in a car.

Just tripped over this thread looking for parking at SeaTac. Been researching and everyone charges the same rate for a MC as a car at SeaTac as far as I can see.... Shuttle Park and Doug Fox and the airport itself. When I asked "why", dude said it was because they take up the same space as a car. I asked him what the heck type of bike he rode and he stammered.... uhhh....

Are these offers of garages still out there? I can reciprocate... I live on Orcas Island and if anyone wants to park their bike and their body here for a few days I have plenty of room for ADV Peeps!

Cheers,

G-
'05 ZX10R- Wrex
GOMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
SVPEGASUS
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Bike parking at seatac

Sorry guys the bike parking at SEATAC is for employees only. rumor has it the Port is starting to tow bikes not registered with the Port.
SVPEGASUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
My.02
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Any updates of this situation? I'm in town at the midway portion of a 45 day trip and I am meeting some friends at the airport, renting a car and doing a labor day weekend concert at the Gorge. Because of tight timelines I need to be close to the airport/hertz but I am struggling to find anything affordable and safe.
My.02 is offline   Reply With Quote