ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #1546
Kmorris
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Wife's sending out pictures again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC

I swear I usually wear safe boots when working on my bikes. They must have been Photoshoped off because the rest looks like me.
Kmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1547
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
I was out in Quill on Saturday. Started at penny creek and worked my way up. Took all the splits off FS27, about 4 hours and 100 miles of riding, just refamiliarizing. Probably head up 28 next weekend. Maybe you'll be ready by then. Take it easy. Bill C.

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #1548
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Ride this weekend?

Post up which day you're going and I'll schedule maintenance accordingly.

Dave
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #1549
Kmorris
Adventurer

This weekend is perfect...

Great Spot. I'm very much up for riding this weekend. All bikes running and the wife's new quad is uncorked. O' how I wished I could have taken all those splits off FS27 then all looked promising. The several I took show up on my GPS tracks so I have bearings on 'safely' taking more. So if you go and wish company let me know. I buy the breakfast or beer...

I'd be bringing my XRL which is street legal. I'm pretty sure I cannot ride my XRR which only has a ORV sticker. I'm correct that the bikes have to be street legal?

Keith

Quote:
I was out in Quill on Saturday. Started at penny creek and worked my way up. Took all the splits off FS27, about 4 hours and 100 miles of riding, just refamiliarizing. Probably head up 28 next weekend. Maybe you'll be ready by then. Take it easy. Bill C.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #1550
Hi-Vis Dennis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
FS 28 this weekend

Quote:

I've got to install a new skid plate Friday and I'm ready to join you. Sounds like several people are up for a ride this weekend.

Dennis

Ride while you can.
Safety first, fashion last.

2008 Artic Circle Ride Report

2009 Seattle to Moab Parts 1&2
Hi-Vis Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #1551
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Question

I might be up for Peninsula riding on Father's Day. I will be in Cle Elum on Saturday trying to chase after a guy on a trials bike along the side of a mountain.

I don't think my other party is showing up this weekend so I'll pass on Teanaway for Sunday (wet rocks and riding alone is scary).

So, if I were to ride on Sunday out "West" who's going where?
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #1552
Hi-Vis Dennis
Gnarly Adventurer

FS28 Saturday June 20

Finally got that skidplate on. Took two people and holding your tongue just right. Two of the bolts on the bottom of the skidplate were bent backwards a little bit. Wonder how that happened? Someone must of been riding my bike over rocks.

Let's get a ride going one way or the other. I will be at Loggers Landing Saturday at 9 am for breakfast and leave at about 10 to ride FS 28. Anyone that wants to go is welcome to join me. This little bit of rain we are getting this evening will settle the dust to make a good ride.

Dennis

Ride while you can.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #1553
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Steven Wants to Ride!

Steven will meet us at the Double LL in the am. If clouds are too thick and low we were open to a low road route South along the canal.

Dave
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #1554
Hi-Vis Dennis
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
Steven will meet us at the Double LL in the am. If clouds are too thick and low we were open to a low road route South along the canal.

Dave
Sounds like a good plan. See you in the morning.

Dennis

Ride while you can.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #1555
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
I can't be there yet again but should be back in business soon. We just put our house on the market and are getting a lot of interest (and one offer so far) but both of the houses we wanted to make an offer on sold in the last couple days (one was a little north of Oly up 101 and closer to Olympics riding). So tomorrow is house-changing panic mode time.

Btw, my KLR is making a noise that makes me wonder if my doohickey went out (make your own joke) or maybe it's just fallen over too many times.

In any case, I'm envious of you guys and have fun.
Tod (the Gootch)
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #1556
Kmorris
Adventurer

Well I missed my chance for a ride Saturday.

I checked a few time late in the afternoon and now see I gave up too soon it appears. Looks like a nice riding day. Have a great ride! Maybe another weekend.

Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Vis Dennis
Sounds like a good plan. See you in the morning.

Dennis
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #1557
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Klahowya and FR29

Rode FR29 area last Saturday with Dennis and Red and just now posted on the PNW page.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477506

Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 06-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #1558
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Fr3040

Rode the 29 road West of Port Angeles last Saturday and then took Dennis up the 3040rd on Sunday.

Here's the Kloshe Nanitch LO newly fenced in response to the vandilism that we saw last time we rode there.

They even posted a notice listing all of the Draconian punishments for trespassing here.

The underside of the LO as seen through the vents

We rode 3040 to 3067 and back via 30 and the Bear Creek Connector. I shot some video riding along the ridge on 3040 and thanks to Steven I can now play them but lack the means to show them here. Next time.....

Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 AM   #1559
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Ride Today

I know it is last minute but, I am riding over FS70 to little naches then taking green pass to I90 and loop back if anyone wants to meet up in Enumclaw at the AM PM gas station around 8:15 to 8:30...Eric.
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #1560
waAvr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Post up how FR70 is.

Last Saturday I rode up 73, 7315, et al. Hit snow at 5K, but got thru it. Lots of trees down and lots of smaller rock slides. Hit part of 74 and had a great ride.
waAvr is offline   Reply With Quote