ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #1576
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Aaaaaaah..... the Modern Triumph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch
I'm a big fan of the whitewalls on the V-strom -- very sharp....Coincidentally with Dave, I just removed Roadriders from the Thruxton because I could shake them loose on the pavement (?you want loose?!, try 5 year old Michelin's) I found my new Bridgestone Battlaxes(If only they could be made skinny enough for classic bikes) much better for, ah, "aggressive" riding.(ya' hooligan!) Do like the Gripsters on the KLR though. Need to get them out on the dirtier stuff with you guys soon.(Absolutely)
Steven, Dan,

?I see snow around Lonsome Lake, what's the elevation there? Good action shot of the Big-V roughing it. Thanks for the RR. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #1577
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
Steven, Dan,

?I see snow around Lonsome Lake, what's the elevation there? Good action shot of the Big-V roughing it. Thanks for the RR. Dave
I think the elevation is around 4,900 feet.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #1578
DANRIDE
A Weeble

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Suntop Lookout is still used, but it is staffed by volunteers. There are a few lookouts that are still staffed by the forest service, but they use satellites for most of their fire detection.
We didn't get to talk to any public employees at the lookout tower. But we did get to speak with a nice young man employed by the govenor driving a shinny new white suv . Didn't cost us any points or $$. Nice guy he was

Old 07-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #1579
BajaDave
Crazy Bastard

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
Rode the 29 road West of Port Angeles last Saturday and then took Dennis up the 3040rd on Sunday.

Here's the Kloshe Nanitch LO newly fenced in response to the vandilism that we saw last time we rode there.

They even posted a notice listing all of the Draconian punishments for trespassing here.

Dave
Actually, it is gated off because the structure is in need of repairs (dry rot) and the FS doesn't want someone to fall through the deck, or fall through the railings. It's a long way down....

GripTwister Dual Sport Tours
BajaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #1580
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
I'm headed to the dry side tomorrow morning for the Triple T ride. My buddy Paul and I will be on the 9:25 am Kingston to Edmonds ferry if anyone wants to join in.
cheers,
-Brian
Old 07-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #1581
007brian
shaken not stirred

Oddometer: 543
went camping by clear lake off hwy 12 this weekend looks like some good riding over there.
007brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #1582
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

This was getting too far down the second page so I'm bouncing it up.

It's interesting that we were doing so much riding in late winter and spring (and dealing with a lot of snow) but us South Sounders are hardly getting out (at least as a group) during the so-called "riding season." I'm guessing it's because there is so much other stuff going on during summer weekends. I have a big family gathering this weekend and it seems like a lot of weekends have these sort of things this time of year.

I do look forward to whenever we next run up the hills in the Olympics or other interesting places.
Gootch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #1583
007brian
shaken not stirred

gootch
Melissa and Brian aka atomicfuze and myself are doing the oly loop trip on aug 7-9 so we will be up there then
Old 07-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #1584
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

I just got back from riding in Idaho, I miss the Olympics.

Brian I'm looking forward to our Griptwister tour in a couple of weeks! I need to buy this years still.

cheers,
-Brian
Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #1585
Vincenthdfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch
This was getting too far down the second page so I'm bouncing it up.

It's interesting that we were doing so much riding in late winter and spring (and dealing with a lot of snow) but us South Sounders are hardly getting out (at least as a group) during the so-called "riding season." I'm guessing it's because there is so much other stuff going on during summer weekends. I have a big family gathering this weekend and it seems like a lot of weekends have these sort of things this time of year.

I do look forward to whenever we next run up the hills in the Olympics or other interesting places.

I think you hit the nail right on the head!

Here in the northwest we try to cram so many things into such a short few months that we are always frantically planning what were going to do on the next upcoming weekend.

Weve been out boating, camping, riding the Harley, etc...literally every weekend, taking advantage of this excellent weather weve been having.

Gotta get it all now before the hibernation season sets back in, a.k.a. winter...yuck.
Vincenthdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #1586
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,702
some times I REALLY hate my job.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #1587
007brian
shaken not stirred

Atomic I have this years disc if you are not able to get yours in time let me know
Old 07-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #1588
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenthdfan
I think you hit the nail right on the head!

Gotta get it all now before the hibernation season sets back in, a.k.a. winter...yuck.
If you look at all the snow and mud photos in this South Sound thread, you'll recognize that a lot of us South Sounders don't have a hibernation season. However, summer is certainly better for assertive street riding .

You Olympic loopers -- have a good time; I'm envious.
Tod
Gootch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #1589
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

I'm already planning for this year, trying to get these puppies from Europe.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #1590
007brian
shaken not stirred

you could do some real damage with those but I hope we do not need them for a while