ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #1636
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Does anyone know how to get from Hwy 410 to Hwy12 and come out around Rimrock Lake? Go past Bumping Lake? I was going to try that Sat. if anyone wants to go along.Meet in Enumclaw.... Eric.
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #1637
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
Probably out of Quilcene but I'm open to suggestion. Steven has chimed in and I think Blackboots can be coerced, anyone else?

Dave
Missing out again.
Going to Elvis Costello Sunday.
Hope to catch up with everyone soon.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #1638
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg59
Does anyone know how to get from Hwy 410 to Hwy12 and come out around Rimrock Lake? Go past Bumping Lake? I was going to try that Sat. if anyone wants to go along.Meet in Enumclaw.... Eric.
Go south on 410 (past Cliffdell/Whistlin' Jack's). Turn right on USFS 1500 rd (paved) between Nile and Eagle Rock. Cross bridge over the Naches River and keep to right. The road is narrow and twisty so be mindful of oncoming traffic. It eventually turns to dirt/gravel. Follow 1500 rd (aka Bethel Ridge) all the way over the top to Hwy-12 where it dumps you out near Rimrock Lake. The dirt road has some severe washboard in spots so make sure everything's strapped down tight!

- Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #1639
Hi-Vis Dennis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Let's Ride

Quote:
Probably out of Quilcene but I'm open to suggestion. Steven has chimed in and I think Blackboots can be coerced, anyone else?

Dave

I'm up for a ride this Sunday.

Dennis

Ride while you can.
Safety first, fashion last.

2008 Artic Circle Ride Report

2009 Seattle to Moab Parts 1&2
Hi-Vis Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #1640
Blackboots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Sunday 23 ride

Blackboots is in , 9am ok ??? Double LL ??
Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #1641
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian
Go south on 410 (past Cliffdell/Whistlin' Jack's). Turn right on USFS 1500 rd (paved) between Nile and Eagle Rock. Cross bridge over the Naches River and keep to right. The road is narrow and twisty so be mindful of oncoming traffic. It eventually turns to dirt/gravel. Follow 1500 rd (aka Bethel Ridge) all the way over the top to Hwy-12 where it dumps you out near Rimrock Lake. The dirt road has some severe washboard in spots so make sure everything's strapped down tight!

- Dorian
If you ride FR1500, be sure to turn off on NF190 and ride up to the summit of Timberwolf Mountain. It has some great views of Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier, and the surrounding area.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #1642
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Sunday's Ride

Steven would like to visit something west of Port Angeles so I'm thinking of the road to Pyramid Peak from FR30. Saws, shovels, picks and an easily assembled excavator may be necessary. I'll post a little later with a rendezvous point and time.

Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #1643
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian

- Dorian
It's about 30 miles from 410 to 12 via 1500.

Here's a Google Map.

+1 on going to the lookout. Steven took me up there. Nice view from there. Road is OK too.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #1644
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Missing another one that's sounds pretty damn entertaining. I've been working about maximum hours that a office-working type can work (and at home we are also moving in 3 weeks) and could really use the ride - S.O.B. At least last evening I went out for a couple hours of street riding in Cap Forest and Lewis County (before going back to the office until 4 a.m. - pretty good for 9 to 5'er). I'll be about that busy until late October. If I'm still alive at that time I should have some free time to get going again once the weather turns and we can drop bikes in the snow and ice.

Quote:
Steven would like to visit something west of Port Angeles so I'm thinking of the road to Pyramid Peak from FR30. Saws, shovels, picks and an easily assembled excavator may be necessary. I'll post a little later with a rendezvous point and time.

Dave
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #1645
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
West of Port Angeles Ride

I'm thinking of a meet in Joyce at 10:30am as some people will be making a long ride to be there. Sorry Gootch, hope you can make it out soon. We'll mix it up with a south end ride. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:35 AM   #1646
erg59

Thanks Dorian,Steven and Drone I knew someone here would know the way... I'm leaving at 7:00 if anyone can go along... Thanks again Eric.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #1647
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg59
Thanks Dorian,Steven and Drone I knew someone here would know the way... I'm leaving at 7:00 if anyone can go along... Thanks again Eric.
I'd like to go but still recovering form cervical disc surgery so no riding for another couple of months yet . Should be a great day for a ride. Have fun and post-up some pics!

Cheers, Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #1648
Hi-Vis Dennis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
I'm thinking of a meet in Joyce at 10:30am
See you at the general store in Joyce on Hyw 112 this Sunday.

Dennis

Ride while you can.
Safety first, fashion last.

2008 Artic Circle Ride Report

2009 Seattle to Moab Parts 1&2
Hi-Vis Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #1649
Blackboots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Joyce on Sunday 23

Dennis , Dave will stop by and pick me up at 9am,and then off to Joyce for some Breakfast ,hope we can find some place to eat, please join us!! Blackboots
Old 08-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #1650
erg59

You guys were right about Timberwolf Mt. What a great view.

erg59 screwed with this post 08-23-2009 at 07:15 AM