ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #2251
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Izzat crate going to make it?
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #2252
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC
Izzat crate going to make it?

Dunno, it is getting a little leaning tower of pisa-ish
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:35 AM   #2253
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Can't Make It

I need to back out of todays planned ride.My brother did not make it up from Salem,if anyone else goes out riding today hope to see some pics...E.
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #2254
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Is any one else doing the ride over to Bethel ridge today

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #2255
reBARman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Got my first Saturday off in forever tomorrow. Got a replacement heated jacket in the mail today, but my bike... my bike is well.... um probably not gonna be ready in the morning

Dude, you just get bored or something or is there something wrong?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #2256
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
I went

I'm glad I went to get my bike dynoed. Turnes out it was running super lean . 20% lager mail jets installed today. Thanks for the heads up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJRetrofighter
Anyone braving the drizz to go out to Ducati of Seattle's free, open Dyno Day and BBQ? I might quit my job and cruise on over. I'm already on the bike and they posted it on my fb wall, so what the hell..
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #2257
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reBARman
Dude, you just get bored or something or is there something wrong?
Hey Toby, long time no see! We should try to meet up at a M.A.G. one of these times and show the local's how to drink properly. Why In LA we rode EVERY weekend, Heck, I even rode in the rain once, for like 11 whole minutes until it stopped! I didn't wuss out unlike these folks up here who only ride when it's "less" torrential.

Nothing's really 'wrong' the Husky's are known for stretching their cam chain. Mine was getting a little slack, and it was getting pretty hard starting and backfired a couple times on me. Another inmate had his eat the reed vavle in the engine and so I was gettin Skieered and wanted to do it and not worry about it this summer. (wanna go to alaska or something)

I asked for Sat off like two weeks ago so I could go to k7mdl's house and do the work in a proper garage, but he had plans.

Then My Speedo died, so I started that.

Which is when I remembered that I also had a weeping fork seal.

So since fixing the seal is like $150 and re-valving is $200 I took the forks off. Since I'm doing all that, I would be a fool not to re-spring it to my proper weight, right? Nuther $100

Then I figured it'd be dumb not to do the back, so the rear came off. Three more bills there.

Then Since I had it all apart anyhow I figured now'd be the time for heated grips.

Then, well then the weather turned to crap the last week or so, so...

So A relatively simple $70 job has turned into a three-week $1000 deal. When I'm done I will have a perfect bike, but be too broke to ride it

There's a local guy here in wa kinda famos for husy suspension (LTR) so I took it to him, I do feel kinda bad not sending the suspension down to Javier though
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #2258
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Mr. Xymotic,

Did the Shelton Fun Ride today. 40+ miles single/ATV track on the the TE610 - fun times.. Got some odd looks.

Muddy bike - check
Parts and Tools supply on the trail - check
Nothing broke, no crashes - check
Tired rider = double check
Losing poker hand - check

You should have slapped yours together last night with some pogo sticks and gone riding today. :-)

This is what it is supposed to look like when you get around to properly assembling your bike some day. Just in case you forget. :-)

K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #2259
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL

You should have slapped yours together last night with some pogo sticks and gone riding today. :-)

This is what it is supposed to look like when you get around to properly assembling your bike some day. Just in case you forget. :-)
I think all that can be said to that is:

Soon, very soon you will see what a 610 is actually capable of doing!

Bam!
Oh no he dinnet!
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 05-31-2010, 12:09 AM   #2260
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
Did not post but was at McD's at 8:30. read newspaper and had the meal. Left about 9:30 rode via Mud Mt Dam off 410 and back to Enumcalw just in case somone showed late.
As leaving passed two KLR's coming in near the MC shop. Went back and saw them at the Safeway lot. Met Craig and Scott.
They agreed to have me on their ride.
Rode past Greenwater and up FR 73 to snow and turned back. Went up 75 and was able to get over Hallers (sp?) Pass thru 1/2 mile of bare two track that the 4 wheelrs has opened up on the north side. Went on down to fr 74 to view the washout tht craig said is now about 8 yrs ago.
Back up 75 at jct 73 went up to see how far that side up 73 we could go, only about 1/2 mile to snow. Back down 73 to to 410.
Back to Enumclaw and at Buckley, Scott and Craig pulled into the White River burgers abd I continued home as planned.
Great ride. Thanks guys.
Slight drizzle leaving home, dry in E, dry again until back towrd home contunued drizzle/rain hrs after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinet
Is any one else doing the ride over to Bethel ridge today

Danodemotoman screwed with this post 05-31-2010 at 01:59 AM
Danodemotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #2261
reBARman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Hey Toby, long time no see! We should try to meet up at a M.A.G. one of these times and show the local's how to drink properly. Why In LA we rode EVERY weekend, Heck, I even rode in the rain once, for like 11 whole minutes until it stopped! I didn't wuss out unlike these folks up here who only ride when it's "less" torrential.

Nothing's really 'wrong' the Husky's are known for stretching their cam chain. Mine was getting a little slack, and it was getting pretty hard starting and backfired a couple times on me. Another inmate had his eat the reed vavle in the engine and so I was gettin Skieered and wanted to do it and not worry about it this summer. (wanna go to alaska or something)

I asked for Sat off like two weeks ago so I could go to k7mdl's house and do the work in a proper garage, but he had plans.

Then My Speedo died, so I started that.

Which is when I remembered that I also had a weeping fork seal.

So since fixing the seal is like $150 and re-valving is $200 I took the forks off. Since I'm doing all that, I would be a fool not to re-spring it to my proper weight, right? Nuther $100

Then I figured it'd be dumb not to do the back, so the rear came off. Three more bills there.

Then Since I had it all apart anyhow I figured now'd be the time for heated grips.

Then, well then the weather turned to crap the last week or so, so...

So A relatively simple $70 job has turned into a three-week $1000 deal. When I'm done I will have a perfect bike, but be too broke to ride it

There's a local guy here in wa kinda famos for husy suspension (LTR) so I took it to him, I do feel kinda bad not sending the suspension down to Javier though
Hey Aaron, ya man too long.. Glad to hear your getting the bike sorted. Alaska sounds like a way cool idea! Probably have to change out the clutch on the GS before attempting that one though. I was thinking of checking out the eastern side of things over here in a few weeks or so, maybe one night of camping on the dry side of the Cascades or something. I'll PM you.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #2262
puckinet
Safety third

Anyone going to Dino Days this weekend.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
Old 06-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #2263
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Rescued from Pg2

Pukinet, how was Dino Daze? Beaut day yesterday, I mowed the lawn then retorqued heads and adjusted valves on the bimmmer. That, of course, meant that it had to be test ridden. We ran down to Discovery Bay then East on 104 whipping it up the hills then slowing and doing it again in an attempt to seat the new rings. That was so much fun we continued on with the program down 101 to Brinnon and back. I ride so "sensibly" most of the time I forget that these 30year old bikes were the superbikes of their day. No performance awards or pucker moments and I rode without long underwear, liners, or heated gear!!!

Here's the "Gentleman's Adventure Bike" on Donkey Creek Rd last Janurary. Steven and Gootch taking photos of Jeff's downed Aprillia.
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #2264
puckinet
Safety third

Dammitdave It was great the races were fun, and the riding was great, nice group (about 10 of us) rode Capital forest with some breaks to watch the races. Then of the BBQ's started up.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #2265
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
Bumping this back to the first page (not that I can DS ride anyway, my POS KLR has a starter problem - it's always something with this bike).

Here's Pakled about a year ago taking the best possible road he could find, somewhere off FS 23.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote