ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #2956
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Dan where have been, Eric and I were wondering.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #2957
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quest for dry weather and sunshine.

I headed out on Saturday with Alex from Dual Sport Riding Club on meetup.com to find some dry weather and sunshine. We loaded our bikes on my trailer and headed for Ellensburg. The Ellensburg forecast for partly cloudly, but it was raining when we got there. We found dry weather and and a little sunshine in Vantage. So, we unloaded the bikes and did a big loop around the Mattawa area. It was a great day of riding, other than a little incident where I recieved an award for demonstrating the high preformance of my worn out old KLR650!

Unloading the bikes at the boat ramp parking area in Vantage.

The bikes liked the view.

On top of the world!

Alex and his F650GS.

The mighty KLR.

The Columbia River.

Lots of wide open space.

Ready for the trip back to soggy Western Washington.

I put the rest of my pictures on my SmugMug page.

Steven screwed with this post 03-19-2012 at 06:57 AM
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #2958
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Bravo Steven!

Great Pics and Video suffused with that strange golden glow from the sky. What a concept, riding in dry sunny conditions. We can understand why so many South Sounders venture over to Mattawa. A performance award? On the Old KLR?!!! Money must be tight in Mattawa. Thanks for posting up! Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #2959
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave View Post
A performance award? On the Old KLR?!!! Money must be tight in Mattawa. Thanks for posting up! Dave
Apparently, Grant County is so desperate for cash that they are squeezing money out of fat old guys on KLRs!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #2960
DANRIDE
A Weeble

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinet View Post
Dan where have been, Eric and I were wondering.
As the Dean in Animal house said, "fat drunk & stupid is no way to go through life" Workin on a come back.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #2961
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Hey Dan nice to hear from you.Im making a come back myself,two weeks ago I crashed riding over at Mattawa and broke my collar bone.maybe we will both be ready to ride again at the same time...E.
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #2962
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg59 View Post
Hey Dan nice to hear from you.Im making a come back myself,two weeks ago I crashed riding over at Mattawa and broke my collar bone.maybe we will both be ready to ride again at the same time...E.
Eric you never told me you crashed I'm about to get back on the katoom for some light riding. just got fitted for a knee brace

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #2963
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

While you're healing up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinet View Post
Eric you never told me you crashed I'm about to get back on the katoom for some light riding. just got fitted for a knee brace
While you guys are healing up check out the RR of our 2011 WABDR ride with a sidecar along. It's in (wait for it!) "Ride Reports"!!! I'll finish getting it posted up over the next couple of days. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #2964
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Back Online

I'm finally back online and have posted up the last of our "WABDR with a Hack RR" in "Ride Reports". Our lovely spring weather finally got enough water in the phone cable to kill it. I spent all of last week trying to fix it and ultimately replacing the whole system. Finished up Saturday evening and took a mental health ride to Olympia for lunch on Sunday. I'll post up some more pics tonight. Dave

Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #2965
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Bump for a Street Ride Saturday

It's OlyRat monthly Second Saturday ride time again tomorrow. We are meeting at Triumph of Tacoma in Lakewood at 9:30 and leaving at 10 to ride to Port Townsend -- I'm sure we'll pass through Tahuya-Dewatto on the way. This is NOT a Triumph only ride. We welcome all brands and types of bikes as well as the bikes' riders (as long as they are not too dangerous).

DD - do you have any tips for a good lunch place in or near Port Townsend? We always end up at the Chimacum Cafe and would like to shake it up a bit (and maybe view the water or street life while we eat). I'd say join us for lunch but I have no idea when we'll be hitting town.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #2966
PNWRR
Carlos Anger

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch View Post
DD - do you have any tips for a good lunch place in or near Port Townsend? We always end up at the Chimacum Cafe and would like to shake it up a bit (and maybe view the water or street life while we eat). I'd say join us for lunch but I have no idea when we'll be hitting town.
Try this place:

http://dosokiesbarbeque.com/

also, the pourhouse is a new taproom in town (close to dos okies), I have yet to visit there but I hear good things.
PNWRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #2967
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

What he said......

Gootch,

PNWRR had a good idea. I'd have caught up with you but I went to a WVM meeting in Mt Vermin as well as hauling stuff for a client in Bellingham. Took the time to visit Champion Mosports on W. Holly while I was there. They've got a Chinese Red Thruxton, an 800XC and a used 1050 Sprint GT with drool on them now. DD

DD - do you have any tips for a good lunch place in or near Port Townsend? We always end up at the Chimacum Cafe and would like to shake it up a bit (and maybe view the water or street life while we eat). I'd say join us for lunch but I have no idea when we'll be hitting town.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #2968
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Saturday street ride - brief report.

I wasn't leading the ride when we arrived near Port Townsend so we were led right to the Spruce Goose at the airport. I had a reasonably good fish sandwich.

We had a dang good day of riding from Tacoma to Belfair-Tahuya-Dewatto-Seabeck and semi-backroads to the bridge and then Paradise Bay and Oak Bay Roads. After lunch, we went through town and came out on Discovery Bay before taking the round-about way to Quilcene and then 101 south to Oly. I really enjoyed riding along so many water views all day long. It was a heck of a nice day for riding and we had a good time. I even got to swap onto a Tiger 800 for about 40 miles. I'll pop up a couple scenic photos later.

Good to meet Matt from this site with his newer version KLR who rode along until after lunch.

DD - I sure like Howard who runs Champion Cycles. He is a real old-time small shop MC guy.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #2969
txrider2
Hug the road

Oddometer: 162
New to the area

Hey there... 199 pages of info where to meet ADV riders... That's a lot to read . Can someone summarize?

About me: I'm new to the PNW Kent (98030) area, about to be done unpacking boxes (I moved here from Texas ) and after I bought a house the 2nd purchase was a R1200GS-Adv at South Sound BMW (I sold my 09 R12GS Adv (I put on 28k miles) in TX so I could move "light"). So now I'm looking to meet-up with local ADV riders, share GPS routes (basically... you share since I have none right now - unless you're interested in Arkansas and TX Hill country), meet-up and be part of the ADV-Riders community I hear is so great up here! PM me if you know about rides and/or meetups that are open to "newbees"... I'm eager to start exploring the area... Tag me along...
txrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #2970
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrider2 View Post
Hey there... 199 pages of info where to meet ADV riders... That's a lot to read . Can someone summarize?

About me: I'm new to the PNW Kent (98030) area, about to be done unpacking boxes (I moved here from Texas ) and after I bought a house the 2nd purchase was a R1200GS-Adv at South Sound BMW (I sold my 09 R12GS Adv (I put on 28k miles) in TX so I could move "light"). So now I'm looking to meet-up with local ADV riders, share GPS routes (basically... you share since I have none right now - unless you're interested in Arkansas and TX Hill country), meet-up and be part of the ADV-Riders community I hear is so great up here! PM me if you know about rides and/or meetups that are open to "newbees"... I'm eager to start exploring the area... Tag me along...
Welcome to the Northwest!

There are lots of great areas to ride here. Unfortunately, most are still covered by snow! We post rides on this thread. Also, several of us post and participate in rides on the Dual Sport Riding Club on meetup.com. I have a ride planned this Saturday out of Shelton to Wynoochee Lake, you’re welcome to join us.

http://www.meetup.com/Dual-Sport/events/60611812/