ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #3046
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post
Was a awsome day, ken what # road was the one with the little lake we were discussing? I wanna go back to find it!
Thanks for letting me tag along hope i was tolerable to ride with again!
Yeah... barely tolerable. It was NF 2312. 47.500640,-123587328
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #3047
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 346
Riding Big bikes in GP on Sat if anyone is out in the area hit me back.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #3048
firejosh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Gp?

Sorry bout my ignorance...What is GP? I live in NE Tacoma and looking for some good riding.

Let me know.
firejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #3049
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejosh View Post
Sorry bout my ignorance...What is GP? I live in NE Tacoma and looking for some good riding.

Let me know.
Gifford Pinchot, I'm guessing?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #3050
rm_hm
Logging Road Cruiser

Oddometer: 169
Elbe, Morton, Randle & Packwood GP Thread

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608283
N46 39.164 / W121 35.020
N47 19' 24.73" / W123 16' 23.73"
rm_hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #3051
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 346
Heading to greenwater this morning for big bike ride should be at McDonalds in Enumclaw around 9:15 9:30ish

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #3052
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Crater Lake Ride

Trailered down to Salem and rode to Oakridge ore. with my bro and his riding buddy to crater lake thru the mtns.Awesome area to ride.hope to get back and explore more of the area...E.
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #3053
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Ride from Quilcene Saturday 10/6

A group of us are riding from Quilcene Saturday morning. We'll pick a destination as riders roll in, but I'm thinking we'll get high...as in elevation since we could get snowed out in less than 60 days.(waaaaaah!) 9am at Logger's Landing on 101 at the South end of the greater Quilcene metro area. dd
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #3054
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave View Post
A group of us are riding from Quilcene Saturday morning. We'll pick a destination as riders roll in, but I'm thinking we'll get high...as in elevation since we could get snowed out in less than 60 days.(waaaaaah!) 9am at Logger's Landing on 101 at the South end of the greater Quilcene metro area. dd
I heard someone sayin that they were handing out tickets at bon jon pass this last weekend due to fire danger, not sure if area is closed or those people were not in compliance with f.s. spark arrestors or what. Just an fyi
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #3055
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Tickets?

Talked to two riders who were there last weekend and they didn't mention it. Spark arresters are always required, don't leave home without it. The Olympic Nat'l Forest site shows no unusual fire restrictions or closures. dd
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike

dammitdave screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 10:47 PM
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #3056
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave View Post
Danggit, I just read this.

And speaking of tickets, a Thruxton riding friend of mine (not me) got dinged earlier this week on Center Road a couple miles north of town. We've always treated that more-or-less as a speedway - may have to knock off that behavior.
Gootch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #3057
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Your ears were burning.......???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch View Post
Danggit, I just read this.And speaking of tickets, a Thruxton riding friend of mine (not me) got dinged earlier this week on Center Road a couple miles north of town. We've always treated that more-or-less as a speedway - may have to knock off that behavior.
Gootch, your ears must've been burnin'. Bill from Poulsbo came out to ride with a group of us and asked if we'd seen you. The county works that stretch North of Quilcene a lot. It's just too easy. All the revenue agents are boosting their budgets by teaming up, several times a week, on SR19(Rhody Drive) between Chimicum and Port Townsend. The "S"curve dropping down into Port Townsend gets a working over at least once a week as well. dd

Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #3058
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

A little down hill action from Quilcene. A really beautiful day.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #3059
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Ride South from Quilcene 10/6

Here's some more photos from our ride Saturday. Since there were a lot of folks riding these roads for the first time we started with a stop on Mt Walker before heading across the highway to Turner Mt and Buck Mt.

Mt Townsend through the smoky haze

On the loop of Mt Turner there was a thinning show using this Terex mounted yarder and shotgun carriage.

The whole group rode up the 2630rd to the view looking down on the Dosewallips. LoFlow, Bill and I stopped to tend a flat tire on the way down as the group headed for the Duckabush and FR2510. We finally caught up with them for a burger at the Eagle Creek Tavern. Here is the view created by a new logging show above Hood Canal on FR2510. The view was limited due to smoke but the clear water allowed a good view of the alluvial fan from Fulton Creek.

We had a great ride and met a whole new group of folks from the East side. Thanks Steven for getting us together! dd

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #3060
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Bump for the South Sound

Here is a photo from our enjoyable rain-soaked OlyRats pavement ride from Oly to Shelton to Elma to Raymond to Pe Ell to Boistfort to Adna to Oaville via as many back roads as possible. This is after lunch at Clark's near Artic - tryng to figure out who is going where next.

Gootch is online now   Reply With Quote