ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #751
1eyedsteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Oh well - sounded like fun - I saw post about a ride on 7/13 so I assumed this was it...
1eyedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #752
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Ride 7/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedsteve
Oh well - sounded like fun - I saw post about a ride on 7/13 so I assumed this was it...
You're not that mixed up Steve! I am riding tomorrow and will commit to riding out of Hoodsport, say 9am at the Hoodsport Grocery. We'll keep it almost local and give the Washington Pass area a thorough going over.

?Anybody else?

Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #753
1eyedsteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
ride 7/13

Sounds good Dave - I'm coming from Renton so I will need coffre b4 we go! I saw in this thread that Hoodsport Grocery is on main drag and they have coffee there. I'm going to add a post to KLR site to see if anyone else is interested. I will PM you my cell #.
1eyedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #754
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Ride out of Hoodsport Tomorrow 7/13

We will be riding (at least two of us) out of Hoodsport tomorrow. Meet at the Hoodsport Grocery in the middle of town at 9am. KLR friendly ride with a couple of thru roads and lots of scenic vistas from steep rocky roads. Scouting trip today reveals bear and coyote sign, one very flat chipmunk, a couple of deer and at least 1000 horseflies.

Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 07-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #755
Coaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
We will be riding (at least two of us) out of Hoodsport tomorrow. Meet at the Hoodsport Grocery in the middle of town at 9am. KLR friendly ride with a couple of thru roads and lots of scenic vistas from steep rocky roads. Scouting trip today reveals bear and coyote sign, one very flat chipmunk, a couple of deer and at least 1000 horseflies.

Dave
Dave - I need to catch up with the group again, I am going to ride the KTM at Tahuya on Sunday. Hope to meet up again soon.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #756
pakled
A3-7 rider

Oddometer: 55
7/13 ride

I was getting ready for a ride this morning, I will meet you in hoodsport.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #757
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Pics from Sunday's Ride

We had, as Tod calls it, an interesting ride last Sunday. Started with a ride up 2419 from Hoodsport clear to the end and the view from there. We looked at crossing the washout on 2464 via the trail I built but decided it wasn't worth the risk as FS road crews were set to repair the road soon anyway. It would not be the only time risk management was an issue during the day. From there we rode up Washington Pass taking turns in the dust free lead position. Exploring the side roads took us up 2270 to a great 180deg view to the east.

Mt Constance in the distance.

Here's Steve, Dan and Stan taking in the view.

From this brushed in, ridge running and rock strewn ride we proceeded to the 2469rd and the top of the butte via 072. A fun ride around and around the mountain with a rutted, whooped and loose rock covered steep bastard finale' at the summit. We were rewarded with a grand view back into the Olympics.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #758
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

The Split

Steve left us at Washington Pass for the long ride home to the eastside but Stan stayed with us for a great ride down 2441 to the Hamma Hamma and out to Eldon for refreshment. When Stan left for home Dan talked me into the 23 mile ride north for the full length of 2510rd just so we could ride up to Trap Pass. Having perpetually been blocked from the summit by snow on previous attempts I was looking forward to seeing the top of the pass. With Dan leading I held back several minutes on account of dust. When I arrived at the top I saw Dan rushing to help a downed ATV rider.

Negotiating a tight turn on a slide near the end of the road this fellow lost it and sumersaulted 50ft or so into the saplings while being run over by his own machine. In spite of NOTGNOTT (none of the gear none of the time) He appears to have gotten off with a lacerated arm, blown knee and some bruised or broken ribs. He looked to be in a great deal of pain so his partner stopped smoking cigars and wisecracking long enough to load him on the remaining quad and start slowly down the hill while Dan and I went for the professionals. Kudu's for the Brinnon Fire Dept! They were really fast, considering the distances involved, and perfectly professional in demeanor. They had excellent equipment and clearly new how to stabilize the victim for transport.

Thanks 1EyedSteve and Stan for coming out to ride with us! Thanks Dan for talking me into the ride up Trap Pass. Your stamina and riding skill saved a quad rider from natural selection (or at least a spoiled summer)!

Dave

Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #759
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
Missed a unique one. I'm glad you and Dan were able to help this guy and his goofball friend. I was just too tired from riding my CBR from morning until dark the day before to get up and make this ride.

I think my KLR was offended because it started slowly leaking oil Sunday without being ridden for about 5 days (with 3 bikes it happens). Not sure from where yet - not from the plug.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #760
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
Dave

Good stuff DD. I'll be joining you soon. Nerts to the dust, I want to ride. WFC

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #761
NW2wheelrider
ADV

Oddometer: 2
More pics of last Sunday's ride

The Machinery.

Lake Cushman.

The Olympics...there still be snow up there.

Mt. Rainier and Hood Canal.

Dan in forground and Dave in background - looking toward Mt. Rainier.

Enjoying the view...is Steve texting?jk.

Alluvial plain - along the valley floor. Did I remember that right, Dave?

Thanks for putting this ride together Dave and nice to meet you Dan and Steve, I had a great time. Hopefully they will get those washouts fixed and we can try it again without the obsticles.

Stan
NW2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #762
Motor 1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch
Missed a unique one. I'm glad you and Dan were able to help this guy and his goofball friend. I was just too tired from riding my CBR from morning until dark the day before to get up and make this ride.

I think my KLR was offended because it started slowly leaking oil Sunday without being ridden for about 5 days (with 3 bikes it happens). Not sure from where yet - not from the plug.
CBR? in't that thar a street bike? With funny tars? U guys ride on the street? Along with bringing my Dr650 with me from Tn I brought my GSX-R So far the little I've seen of Washington is absolutely beautiful. Will watch this South Sound thread & try & hook up with some of u North Wet riders. Rick
Ruta del Cakebaker
Motor 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #763
WhiTey-FU
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was going to go see "The long way down" this Thursday 7/31/08 at 7:30 at the Capital mall theater in Olympia.

It'd be cool to roll over there with a bunch of ADV peeps on bikes, and I'm already going with my roommate and a few others so if anyone wants to do a meet up or something for some grub then roll over to watch it, let me know!
WhiTey-FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #764
klebel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiTey-FU
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was going to go see "The long way down" this Thursday 7/31/08 at 7:30 at the Capital mall theater in Olympia.

It'd be cool to roll over there with a bunch of ADV peeps on bikes, and I'm already going with my roommate and a few others so if anyone wants to do a meet up or something for some grub then roll over to watch it, let me know!
I live in the Tacoma area but actually got tickets for the Seattle showing. Can you believe that July 31st is my Anniversary and I was actually able to talk the wife into going with me to the movie? HAHA...she rocks.
klebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #765
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiTey-FU

Amanda and I will be there, with several friends we happen to have staying with us =). Coming up from Tacoma was well, but we'll be caging it due to the guests...

See you all there!

--Ranjan
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote