ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #811
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
isn't that little lane next to the big lane for motorcycles?

atomicfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #812
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfuze
I'm at LL now with my new maps, thx.

Got a nice ticket for "driving with wheels off roadway" too! Ughh!

pic to come, I think it came out?
Details please.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #813
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom
Details please.
Hood Canal bridge was closed down so I decided to bypass a little traffic

I figure it's worth $124 for all the times that I have never gotten caught.

I would have gotten away with it but I didn't go with my first instinct to turn in a driveway when I saw the state patrol. Also since there was no traffic coming the other direction the stater drove against traffic and then zoomed in between cars to block me. I guess it was safer for him to go against possible oncoming traffic, cut me off and then park half in the oncoming traffic lane while he wrote my ticket then for me to put along the side of the rode at a safe speed. Just sayin...

cheers,
-Brian
Old 08-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #814
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 701
Quote:

I would have gotten away with it but I didn't go with my first instinct to turn in a driveway when I saw the state patrol. Also since there was no traffic coming the other direction the stater drove against traffic and then zoomed in between cars to block me. I guess it was safer for him to go against possible oncoming traffic, cut me off and then park half in the oncoming traffic lane while he wrote my ticket then for me to put along the side of the rode at a safe speed. Just sayin...

cheers,
-Brian
Bummer Brian!
WSG (Wa.St.Gestapo) in full revenue-generating mode. In fact, I received my first speeding ticket in over 25 years (I drive over 30k miles a year) a few weeks ago. Heading south on Hwy-101 from Hoodsport on my GS1100. Ticketed for "50+ in a 45mph zone". Pulled over by an unmarked WSG about 100 yards from where the speed limit went back up to 50mph . Mason County is $93 richer. Maybe they just don't like BMW's?

Stay outta jail now, ya hear!?

- Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #815
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:

cheers,
-Brian
Man, I did that for 6 or 7 miles about 5 summers ago on the West side coming East. Had the R1150R and wasn't about to just sit and cook the oil.

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #816
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

cheers,
-Brian
Way back in my younger days I was coming from work on the Newport Freeway (Kalistan) when I hit a traffic jam. I had enough, so I hopped onto the shoulder/emergency lane to pass the problem causing the jam (along with a few other people).

After I passed the jam cause I stayed on the shoulder for about 2 miles.

I merged back into traffic and was pulled over by the CHP, got a ticket for it.

Went to court, I explained to the judge what happened, he said he understood about passing the cause of the jam, but wanted to know why I stayed in the emergency lane after I had passed the cause.

I told him it was like eating potato chips, you can't stop at one.

That caused a good many people in the courtroom (including the judge) to snicker.

The judge gave me traffic school.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #817
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
When I first read "driving with wheels off roadway" I thought you meant literally. I hear that costs considerably more

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #818
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
When I first read "driving with wheels off roadway" I thought you meant literally. I hear that costs considerably more
I thought "driving with wheels off roadway" sounded like something I'd like to do... infact it made the ticket somewhat bearable when I read it because it sounded fun, something to be proud of

guns_equal_freedom good story,

BillC

Dorian WSG (Wa.St.Gestapo) ... that describes how I felt for getting busted for such a benign thing, but I broke the law and the law won

But hey I got my maps! and I came home with a bunch of Smokey the Bear stuff for the kids so I was a hero!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #819
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Just bumping this ride info back up. I appreciate the potential later, closer-to-me start. Alas, this Saturday I am riding with the little Oly Triumph group on our monthly street ride (and after the ridiculous difficulty I had last night putting the rear wheel back on my Thruxton, I'm gonna dang well ride it this weekend). Anyone riding any bike is welcome to join us (heck, I led the ride while on the KLR a few months ago). We are riding up to watch and listen to "The Sounds of the Past" vintage bike races at Pacific Raceways. Meet at Oly Yamaha at 9:30 or Triumph of Tacoma (aka Lakewood Motosports) a bit after 10. I know I'm gonna miss the good stuff in the hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave
At Pakled's suggestion and with sufficient grovelling by Atomicfuze, I'd like to ride the 2502rd off the Hamma Hamma Saturday the 9th. I'm thinking meet at the Double LL 9am, then the express route over Rocky Brook, then slab it to the Duckabush for a 10am rendezvous at the highway. This will give Gootch an extra 28 minutes of sack time and allow first timers to catch up with us by starting a half hour south of Quilcene. Then it's down 2510 all the way to the Hamma Hamma then up the HH road and right instead of left this time and we'll ride 2502 with side trips on the 020 and 030 roads. Afterward riders can do the whole Washington Pass thing or if time allows I'm thinking of riding the 2401rd.
Breakfast bacon eaters let's try to get out of Quilcene early so we can make that 10am meet at the 101/Duckabush parking area.

Dave
Gootch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #820
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Too many rides....Not enough weekends!

dammit! I wanted to make that vintage weekend this year. Take lots of pictures Gootch and give us a little tease or even a full ride report. (Pretty Pleeeease)

dd
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #821
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Heading southwest from Oak Harbor tomorrow, I'll be on the green 06 KLR.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #822
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Wow, that was fun.
The rain made most of the dirt very loamy (not muddy) and almost NO DUST!!

Ran up some great roads with some great riding partners!

The Olympic Peninsula backroads were hit hard by the winter storms.

Came across one landslide and two through roads being repaired (big holes dug in the ground).

I need to rethink my wet riding gear, I got soaked.

At least it was warm.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #823
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,251
Duckabush

Hey Joe,

Nice to meet ya! You're right. Good company and more good tracks offered up by Dave. He should charge admission.

I didn't know you got wet. My red jacket is a five-yr old Aerostich Darien. I didn't have a single drop of water come through.

Just sayin"

Olyrider
(Paul)
OlyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #824
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider
Hey Joe,
I didn't know you got wet. My red jacket is a five-yr old Aerostich Darien. I didn't have a single drop of water come through.
Just sayin"
Olyrider
(Paul)

Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #825
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Duckabush in the Drizzle

Olyrider and Guns=Freedom joined the regular bunch for a Saturday ride to check out the 2502rd. A Saturday ride allows Brian/Atomic Fuze to join us and after breakfast we took the espress route over Rocky Brook to Brinnon. Guns(Joe) had a mechanical problem, he dealt with it handily, but we missed out connection at the Duckabush turnoff and had to collect up Olyrider along the way. We blasted down the 2510 road to the Hamma Hamma with Paul falling in like a trouper. Here's GunsEqualsFreedom(Joe) nearing the south end of 2510. Man can he make even a KLR look good!

We traveled up the Hamma Hamma road to 2502, the road we saw from Trap Pass last weekend. The road starts out great and except for my bike wanting to ride in the ditch and then jump back out on the road, or Packled trying to move a truly large camoflouged rock, we made it here without incident.

You'll have to check out Steven's photo of the big rockslide that stopped us cold but it was followed by washouts. After a walk up the road to where we could see up to Trap Pass (we almost stepped in the bear poo) all reluctantly returned to their bikes to explore one of the side roads off 2502.
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote