ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #841
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Riding the North Slope

Thanks Brian for the post and invite. Have fun and post yer ride report. I've decided to stick to my original plan and ride the north slope of the olympics from Quilcene, Saturday. Meet at 9am at Logger's Landing.

dd
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #842
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
That sounds like a good plan to me. How about meeting at Charlies at 9am?
Just came across this and was wondering if I join Hoder and yourself?

I've wanted to ride out there for some time but would be nice to join someone. I'll either be on a KLR650 or a DRZ, probably the DRZ. If I bring the DRZ I will most likely bring it in the truck and unload if you are planning something that loops back close to the same area. Mostly FS roads and two-track most likely?

Speaking of that area, I know nothing of it. Where is Charlie's?

Let me know if you don't mind a tag along.

john
John_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #843
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L
Just came across this and was wondering if I join Hoder and yourself?

I've wanted to ride out there for some time but would be nice to join someone. I'll either be on a KLR650 or a DRZ, probably the DRZ. If I bring the DRZ I will most likely bring it in the truck and unload if you are planning something that loops back close to the same area. Mostly FS roads and two-track most likely?

Speaking of that area, I know nothing of it. Where is Charlie's?

Let me know if you don't mind a tag along.

john
John,
Your welcome to come along. The ride is open to everyone. Charlies is on the east side on Enumclaw on Hwy 410. Click here for a google map. There are several good places to park your truck, if you truck out the DRZ. We'll be on FS roads and a little two track. If should all be big bike friendly.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #844
atomicfuze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
John,
Your welcome to come along. The ride is open to everyone. Charlies is on the east side on Enumclaw on Hwy 410. Click here for a google map. There are several good places to park your truck, if you truck out the DRZ. We'll be on FS roads and a little two track. If should all be big bike friendly.
Steven, 2Track and myself are going to scrap our ride and come with you guys. See you at 9am at Charlie's.
atomicfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #845
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
John,
Great, looking forward to it. From the map it looks like Charlie's should be easy to find. Just so I'm on the right page, are you meeting at Charlie's at 9 to eat and then ride or is 9 ready to roll?

John
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #846
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfuze
Steven, 2Track and myself are going to scrap our ride and come with you guys. See you at 9am at Charlie's.
Great! I'll see in the morning.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #847
Blackboots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
north slope ride

Hi DD see you for breakfast at 9 am , RED!!
Blackboots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #848
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Great, looking forward to it. From the map it looks like Charlie's should be easy to find. Just so I'm on the right page, are you meeting at Charlie's at 9 to eat and then ride or is 9 ready to roll?

John
9 to eat

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #849
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
9 to eat
Thanks. See you guys in the morning. I'll just plan on parking the truck at Charlie's or right near by if they'll let me.

john
Old 08-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #850
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. See you guys in the morning. I'll just plan on parking the truck at Charlie's or right near by if they'll let me.

john
Hey Guys, thanks for the ride today. Great meeting you all. Sorry I had to cut out a little early. Hope the rest of your ride is going well.

Will get pics up as soon as I can.
john
Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #851
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Ride to Tubal Cain

Rode out of Quilcene over the low roads to 2840 and then the 2870 road to the Tubal Cain trailhead. Along the way we detoured up 2845 to the East end of Mt Zion. Here's the bikes on the landing at road's end.

Mt Baker in the distance across Quimper Peninsula.

Had to ride through miles of this to get there.

Then it was on to 2870. Halfway up we stopped for photos.

Mt Townsend from the NW

Hoodoos above the road.

Red hides his new KLR from jealous ADV riders.

Iron Mt from the end of 2870.

...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #852
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
Saturday Ride

Good ride Saturday. Nice to see Red and Dan again. Finally had unobstructed (albeit hazy) views at every stop. Here's one on the East side of Zion, we could see Orca Is. ,Pt Townsend, Baker, the strait, awesome, no good pics though as it was hazy, maybe one of the others has one.

Name:  Picture 002a.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  111.2 KB
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #853
BillC
Banned

This road (2880, 2870) gets you to the Tubal Cain trailheads, nice long ride up with some great scenery, Mt. Townsend was most visible.

Name:  Picture 006a.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  92.2 KB
Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #854
BillC
Banned

I think this is 3 O'clock ridge, usually don't get this great of a view because of clouds. Looks overcast but it's just haze.

Name:  Picture 010a.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  80.5 KB
Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #855
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Home from Tubal Cain

After photo ops at road's end. We retraced our route down 2870 with a detour to check out the 230 road down to the Gold Creek trail. Red rode home to Carlsborg via the west end of 2870 and the rest of us rode 2880 to 28 then FR27.

Passed this waterfall above the Dungeoness.

These rocks stand over the upper Dungeoness.

We rode up Dirty Face Knob at the summit of 27 to take in the view. It has improved over my last visit.

Here's Mt Baker again over the end of Indian Is.

Crocker Lake near the Jct of Hwy101 and 104.

Had a splendid 160 mile ride, 2 pucker moments, no dropped bikes, (at least!) 12 spectacular views and a group of great riders to share it with.

Dave