ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #15016
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,968
You guys could come down and hang out at The Pad here on Wednesdays with us low-lifers. Plenty of beer and parking plus G will show you his scars from his mountain lion attack...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #15017
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z
I like beer.
Beer is exceptionally good when there is a decent nosh to have with it.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #15018
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien
Yeah, there are.

But they won't let us park our bikes & drink/eat in the store.
Is there a park we could take over that allows beer, with nearby parking and c-store? We act like bums with motorcycles already, why not go all-out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek
Reinforce the furniture and bar and have a Friday night Trials contest, It should be easier on the furniture than weekly barfights, you think?
Win.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #15019
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Is there a park we could take over that allows beer, with nearby parking and c-store? We act like bums with motorcycles already, why not go all-out?
Meh, they've already made a movie about it..

YamaGeek screwed with this post 10-15-2010 at 01:05 PM
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #15020
earwig
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,722
Some funny and accurate sound bites from a long evening.

Now it's time for me to ride!

While my bizarre eating habits and I are proud to serve as handy fodder for your somewhat narrowly focused cannons, I'd be remiss if I allowed the peanut gallery to characterize last night as just a head explosion from a whiney, unrealistic asshole afflicted with the "metro gestalt".

Perhaps it would be appropriate to provide some additional context for those who weren't there and may have only visited the place infrequently over the years.

FWIW: I'm startlingly easy to please and demand very little from servers. I doubt you could choose many menu items that are easier to prepare than a plain burger. In any case, whether ordering a plain burger is an imposition upon a server or not, once they have agreed to provide it and accepted my money, they can assume this (apparently unrealistic) asshole will be disappointed receiving a pile of mystery meat covered in goo a full two and half hours later.

When I arrived, well before the crowds, Heather had already assumed her characteristically frazzled appearance. I ordered the same plain burger I have ordered from her often enough that she knows it's my regular, but seeing her appearance, I asked if she was alone and would prefer I not order anything from the kitchen tonight. She assured me that my simple order presented no problem, handed me my bucket of beers, and departed back to the kitchen, as there were no other patrons to serve at the time. As the evening wore on, I witnessed many people that had ordered after me receive their food, and a few others complain about their wait. At one point after about an hour and a half I caught up to Heather and asked about my burger. She said she remembered and would have it to me soon. Another half an hour passed before she came out and asked me and Heymarz to remind her, again, what we had ordered. "Plain burger . . got it . . ." she scurried away. Another half hour passed before skullfacetattooguy brought out the greasy grill-scrapings that he thrust upon me as a "burger". So . . . all ye who were not there, judge me as ye may.

I guess it's just that pesky "metro gestalt".

Regarding the ever so studly "bars are for drinkin' " bullshit, I would invite my esteemed colleague from the South to kiss my not-unsubstantial ass. (love ya wibbs )

Of my many run-ins with bad food at Plan B, this incident still comes second to the night they served me what appeared to be a well aged human pancreas on a bun. It's greenish color and dry, zombie-flesh texture will always hold a special place in my memory.

There are many more poor service/food stories from me and others about the place.

I have an additional personal issue about this establishment's policies that I wish to leave out of this discussion. Many of you are aware of this.

As to our other esteemed southerly compatriots who claim we bitch constantly, but do nothing about it, a perusal of this thread will show that I have lobbied more than once for a change of venue, but my bootless cries have been drowned out by Heather's cheerleading section. I have resigned myself to the fact that I see this group less frequently because of the venue. Though, as I have stated repeatedly, I value these friendships much higher than whether I get good food or service. That said, my considered statement from last night stands. I am done with Plan B.

My agenda doesn't include the need to influence other's choices, and I do see the strengths of Plan B. No desire to bring the mountain to Muhammed. I look forward to our next meet-up, wherever it shall be.

earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #15021
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,968
"esteemed southerly compatriots "

us?
Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #15022
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Weird.

PS - I'd love to throw back a few with you Eric, at a different venue.
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #15023
DireWolf OP
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig
Some funny and accurate sound bites from a long evening.

Now it's time for me to ride!

While my bizarre eating habits and I are proud to serve as handy fodder for your somewhat narrowly focused cannons, I'd be remiss if I allowed the peanut gallery to characterize last night as just a head explosion from a whiney, unrealistic asshole afflicted with the "metro gestalt".

Perhaps it would be appropriate to provide some additional context for those who weren't there and may have only visited the place infrequently over the years.

FWIW: I'm startlingly easy to please and demand very little from servers. I doubt you could choose many menu items that are easier to prepare than a plain burger. In any case, whether ordering a plain burger is an imposition upon a server or not, once they have agreed to provide it and accepted my money, they can assume this (apparently unrealistic) asshole will be disappointed receiving a pile of mystery meat covered in goo a full two and half hours later.

When I arrived, well before the crowds, Heather had already assumed her characteristically frazzled appearance. I ordered the same plain burger I have ordered from her often enough that she knows it's my regular, but seeing her appearance, I asked if she was alone and would prefer I not order anything from the kitchen tonight. She assured me that my simple order presented no problem, handed me my bucket of beers, and departed back to the kitchen, as there were no other patrons to serve at the time. As the evening wore on, I witnessed many people that had ordered after me receive their food, and a few others complain about their wait. At one point after about an hour and a half I caught up to Heather and asked about my burger. She said she remembered and would have it to me soon. Another half an hour passed before she came out and asked me and Heymarz to remind her, again, what we had ordered. "Plain burger . . got it . . ." she scurried away. Another half hour passed before skullfacetattooguy brought out the greasy grill-scrapings that he thrust upon me as a "burger". So . . . all ye who were not there, judge me as ye may.

I guess it's just that pesky "metro gestalt".

Regarding the ever so studly "bars are for drinkin' " bullshit, I would invite my esteemed colleague from the South to kiss my not-unsubstantial ass. (love ya wibbs )

Of my many run-ins with bad food at Plan B, this incident still comes second to the night they served me what appeared to be a well aged human pancreas on a bun. It's greenish color and dry, zombie-flesh texture will always hold a special place in my memory.

There are many more poor service/food stories from me and others about the place.

I have an additional personal issue about this establishment's policies that I wish to leave out of this discussion. Many of you are aware of this.

As to our other esteemed southerly compatriots who claim we bitch constantly, but do nothing about it, a perusal of this thread will show that I have lobbied more than once for a change of venue, but my bootless cries have been drowned out by Heather's cheerleading section. I have resigned myself to the fact that I see this group less frequently because of the venue. Though, as I have stated repeatedly, I value these friendships much higher than whether I get good food or service. That said, my considered statement from last night stands. I am done with Plan B.

My agenda doesn't include the need to influence other's choices, and I do see the strengths of Plan B. No desire to bring the mountain to Muhammed. I look forward to our next meet-up, wherever it shall be.

Too metro gestalt, didn't read.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #15024
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig
I look forward to our next meet-up, wherever it shall be.

Oh noooOOOO!! Now the Wibster will likely post a picture of his ass again.

As I am an accused sheep fucker (by he who slays beer) from Montaaaaaana and still considered a foreigner in these parts I do not have any suggestions as to a new meeting place.

Just pick a place (preferably one that allows sweaters) and I will B there.

My only criteria is cheep beer.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #15025
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,557
ok, flame away ....... first 3 are all in Toolfan's part of town.

Thursday: 21st, Pause - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/pause.html -- we went there before once, DakarDave showed up. Decent sized beer garden. Didn't hear anyone complain.

Thursday: 28th, Prost - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/prost.html -- next door to the food carts and you can bring food in, decent sized beer garden, parking not so good -- we'll have to get creative

Thursday: 4th, Plan B

Thursday: 11th, Mock Crest Tavern - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/mock-crest-tavern.html. Beer garden out back, sell PBR, food is good.

Thursday: 18th, Plan B

Thursday: 25th, Moon and Sixpence - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/moon-and-sixpence.html

Thursday: 2nd, Plan B

Other places we've been to and I think were ok:

HUB on Powell (good parking, not sure on inside seating)
Produce Row Cafe (good parking, beer garden out back)
{more I can no longer recall}

I figure DireWolf can just edit a schedule into the 1st post so no-one needs to ask where each week.
Mock Crest is only PBR type bar I know of, maybe Krista/others know of more? Should not be hard to create a schedule for next 3 months. In 3 months time, repeat, ditching the ones we didn't like.

crazybrit screwed with this post 10-15-2010 at 10:47 PM
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #15026
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,744
I like this schedule a lot.
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #15027
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Too metro gestalt, didn't read.
I read it, I guess I got too wordy.. All I'm saying is that Plan B has been consistently disappointing to a portion of you folks, why go there expecting any different? My analogy was my returning to NW Portland years later and expecting Roses to be still open in the wee hours like it was in the late 70's, and that I was under a deeper amount of denial about Roses.

Something about the Metro Ambiance, Gestalt or Jena se qua, I'm a bit verclempt I have to draw a pichur for you guys...

Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #15028
Beerslayer
Journeyman Bike Knocker

Oddometer: 3,734
I don't really care where we meet, but the potluck at someone's house meetups are the best.

I have suggested this before, I think Earwig's house would be a great place for a meetup.

Bet we can at least get a plain burger.
Road Rash Riding Roatan
Beerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #15029
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
ok, flame away ....... first 3 are all in Toolfan's part of town.

Thursday: 21st, Pause - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/pause.html -- we went there before once, DakarDave showed up. Decent sized beer garden. Didn't hear anyone complain.

Thursday: 28th, Prost - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/prost.html -- next door to the food carts and you can bring food in, decent sized beer garden, parking not so good -- we'll have to get creative

Thursday: 4th, Plan B

Thursday: 11th, Mock Crest Tavern - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/mock-crest-tavern.html. Beer garden out back, sell PBR, food is good.

Thursday: 18th, Plan B

Thursday: 25th, Moon and Sixpence - http://www.barflymag.com/bar/moon-and-sixpence.html

Thursday: 2nd, Plan B

Other places we've been to and I think were ok:

HUB on Powell (good parking, not sure on inside seating)
Produce Row Cafe (good parking, beer garden out back)
{more I can no longer recall}

I figure DireWolf can just edit a schedule into the 1st post so no-one needs to ask where each week.
Mock Crest is only PBR type bar I know of, maybe Krista/others know of more? Should not be hard to create a schedule for next 3 months. In 3 months time, repeat, ditching the ones we didn't like.
in

really

shut up

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #15030
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerslayer
I don't really care where we meet, but the potluck at someone's house meetups are the best.

I have suggested this before, I think Earwig's house would be a great place for a meetup.

Bet we can at least get a plain burger.
in

really

shut up

we'll do it here soon enough. cross my heart. hope to pie cake

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote