ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #18931
DireWolf OP
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomuffin View Post
Motomuffin for the win.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #18932
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty sister View Post
Iv'e seen a particular female inmate repeatedly throw herself drunkenly on every male present, (married or not,) at several group events..and it is no less shameful...and pathetic.

You know who you are...and if you don't, you really do have a drinking problem.

People:...It really isn't complicated. Learn to hold yer likker, and keep yer dirty paws to yourself!!^

damn!,,really? how have I missed this,,,\must not have been the male drunkenley thrown at,,cuz I might go with that,,maybe,, ya never know,,,
wanna git nekkid and splash inna river?
No,,me neither,,brrrr!
I'll get nekkid with ya,, but I ain't doin no cold weather, cold water, cold snow camping, or cold women,,,ymmv
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #18933
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,366
It really is too bad this is still going on and I keep telling myself to stay out of it but apparently I don't listen to myself.

It's no secret that I'm one of Allan's friends. I adore the man, he has treated me well over the years that I have know him and he has been a better friend than many others. I admire the fact that he looked into himself and stopped drinking because his actions while he was drunk were what they were. I can't think of anything I would trade his friendship for, not even another motorcycle. Being "black balled" by a few bitter men sure isn't going to make me turn away from him.

He can't undo what was done, no one can. Trying to keep spreading the bitterness isn't productive, it's just hateful. Those of us that love/like/care for Allan aren't going to change our minds about him because you continue to stomp your feet and throw temper tantrums.

A few men are making Allan out to be a monster, he is far from a monster. If he were the monster you want us to think he is he wouldn't have as many women that like him that do. I know of a lot more women who like him and enjoy his company than I know of that don't. Think about that one for a bit.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #18934
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,343
I don't have a dog in this fight, but will say that drunk and stupid is an on going theme at ADV events and why I don't attend them. As I follow the planing process I see it become less and less let's go for some really cool rides and more who's bringing how much booze. In looking at the after event photos I see very few ride photos and those are done by just a handful. I don't mind if people drink but when it gets drunk out I don't understand the language anymore. When stupid starts I'm reminded of me 25 years ago, and I'm glad to not still be there.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #18935
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
thank you!

...& see my post from a few days ago about noobs.

And frankly after hearing and double-checking on some of the facts (so that I do know who I am safely riding with) I know

the accusations that have been thrown out are offensive to those who had something serious happen to them.

Btw thank you "twisty sister" for shining a bit of light on the events back then, was worth the research.

This is not even about whether one likes or dislikes a person, this is about being away from riding a good ride as far as
possible.

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #18936
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, but will say that drunk and stupid is an on going theme at ADV events and why I don't attend them. As I follow the planing process I see it become less and less let's go for some really cool rides and more who's bringing how much booze. In looking at the after event photos I see very few ride photos and those are done by just a handful. I don't mind if people drink but when it gets drunk out I don't understand the language anymore. When stupid starts I'm reminded of me 25 years ago, and I'm glad to not still be there.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #18937
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
It really is too bad this is still going on and I keep telling myself to stay out of it but apparently I don't listen to myself.

Being "black balled" by a few bitter men sure isn't going to make me turn away from him.

He can't undo what was done, no one can. Trying to keep spreading the bitterness isn't productive, it's just hateful. Those of us that love/like/care for Allan aren't going to change our minds about him because you continue to stomp your feet and throw temper tantrums.

I had a nice long ride today......................but I guess it wasn't long enough

Yeah I keep telling myself to STFU about this too, I'm trying, I really am.

Sorry if you think I'm throwing a tantrum because I express the way I feel......................but I can not help the way I feel about what happened, just like others here can help the way they feel about what happened, we are all different.

I can live with the fact that some here think that I am the bad guy and I'm in the wrong, it is what it is.........................and trust me, I know all about what it feels like to be "black balled" by people here.

I had a wonderful weekend, so I'm going to try and stay away from this thread the rest of the night.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #18938
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
Yeah I keep telling myself to STFU about this too, I'm trying, I really am.

Sorry if you think I'm throwing a tantrum because I express the way I feel......................but I can not help the way I feel about what happened, just like others here can help the way they feel about what happened, we are all different.

I can live with the fact that some here think that I am the bad guy and I'm in the wrong, it is what it is

I DO NOT think you are wrong. We just did not experience the same thing you did.
Period.

Some of us are eternal optomists that hope for the best in all,,,,,,,,,,........
What WE've seen in Al............. well. it offers me hope for his, and our, future.
Period.

I hope you can understand my point of view.........

I DO luv ya, Tom. Like I love everyone I've met here.
Call it sappy, call it whatever you want. It is what I feel.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)

Apple Jam screwed with this post 12-04-2011 at 07:05 PM
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #18939
DireWolf OP
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,140
Quote:
I know all about what i feels like to be "black balled" by people here.
You swore you'd never tell anyone about that.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #18940
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,443
Quote:
Tom. Two people who were directly affected chimed in. One of these (plus another) have idiotically referred to Al as a "sex offender" and one stated that he is going to be organizing his own by PM-invitation meetups. I can't speak for Sherry but I assumed these were the tantrums she was referring to rather than your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Needs matching dog pic

crazybrit screwed with this post 12-05-2011 at 01:01 AM
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #18941
twisty sister
CRACK pot

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
Tom. Two people who were directly affected chimed in. One of these (plus another) have idiotically referred to Al as a "sex offender" and one stated that he is going to be organizing his own by PM-invitation meetups. I can't speak for Sherry but I assumed these were the tantrums she was referring to rather than your comments

WHY..do you continue to feel the need to make this your business???

Rest easy, Dagwood ..You were My flawed yet perfect soul mate.
and... Mike, Amanda and Ben.
You are loved and missed.
KTM 640 Adventure
twisty sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #18942
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
WHY..do you continue to feel the need to make this your business???
His post wasn't directed at you, so really, why do you continue to feel the need to make this your business?
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #18943
twisty sister
CRACK pot

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
His post wasn't directed at you, so really, why do you continue to feel the need to make this your business?
Mostly In response to previous posts. I am slooow.

Rest easy, Dagwood ..You were My flawed yet perfect soul mate.
and... Mike, Amanda and Ben.
You are loved and missed.
KTM 640 Adventure
twisty sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #18944
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,443
Quote:
I am slooow.
I know we're really all here to listen and when your boyfriend decides to (re)express his 'grievances' but seriously, it's a public forum, it's not complicated, if you don't like the replies, don't make an issue of it in the first place

Anyways, let's get back to the slobbering, way more interesting

crazybrit screwed with this post 12-05-2011 at 09:29 AM
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #18945
Mustangshelly
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
I DO NOT think you are wrong. We just did not experience the same thing you did.
Period.

Some of us are eternal optomists that hope for the best in all,,,,,,,,,,........
What WE've seen in Al............. well. it offers me hope for his, and our, future.
Period.

I hope you can understand my point of view.........

I DO luv ya, Tom. Like I love everyone I've met here.
Eggnog + whiskey = slobbering, sappy dork
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote