ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #7201
2whelman
addict

Oddometer: 641
[quote=Martian]I'm going to sell my '93 R100GSPD. This is a a heads-up for any locals that may be interested before I post it. Asking $6500.00

3 Months too late or I would have been interested.

Are you replacing it? Those bikes are tons of fun if your not in a hurry.
2whelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #7202
Martian
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
[quote=2whelman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian
I'm going to sell my '93 R100GSPD. This is a a heads-up for any locals that may be interested before I post it. Asking $6500.00

3 Months too late or I would have been interested.

Are you replacing it? Those bikes are tons of fun if your not in a hurry.
I'm not sure about replacing it anytime soon as I'm contemplating a lifestyle change. I'm thinking about fixing up my little sailboat and going back onto the water for awhile. The SO's not too happy with me right now for some reason, and I'm exploring options.

Whoever gets it is going to be getting a great bike! I've spent the last year upgrading everything that is known to fail. This Winter, I did the steering bearings, fork seals, final drive and swingarm bearings, and brake pads. Last Winter, it was the transmission, driveshaft, and cables.

Tom
'93 R100GSPD(sold)
http://frommars.smugmug.com
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #7203
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake
bump
going to be in kc town this saturday
need something made for your bike?
Funny you should ask, mount kit for xr650l acerbis 5.8 gal tank, peg lowering brackets for a TE610, a Honda seat redone, spare TE610 muffler gutted and a new core made, turn down tip would be nice too. Shall I continue?

If you're going to be around, pick a gathering spot.
katbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #7204
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer: 15,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake
bump
going to be in kc town this saturday
need something made for your bike?
Dry roads, 70 degree weather, sunshine would be nice, slab of pie with ice cream.
McB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #7205
KansasKawboy
KK

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by McB
Dry roads, 70 degree weather, sunshine would be nice, slab of pie with ice cream.
+1000

If everyone is crazy does that make it 'normal'?-claude
KansasKawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #7206
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Oddometer: 3,812
Made it back from Tulsa in the fog Sunday morning.
about 1/8 mile visibility most of the way, it wasn't much fun even in the truck.

I did find something motorcycle related at the Chili Bowl.
Bake, feast your eyes on this.

A purpose built V8 with Kawasaki ZX12R cylinder heads and cylinders.
2400 cc, dry sumped, fuel injected on alky 350 hp and a good torque curve for the Chili Bowl short track.

I was told the long track version they usually run makes less torque but.......... 425 horspower!

More info here http://www.synergypower.co.nz/
Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #7207
84thProblem
Disbelief suspended

Oddometer: 435
Not quite a face plant ...

This isn't quite a face plant story, that's why it's here instead of there.

So yesterday I arrange to meet up with the SO at our former neighbor's in midtown; but since I'm at home taking care of carpets & dogs, I get to their place after she does. Naturally, I ride in from Lee's Summit since it's fairly warm and, if not dry, at least there's no ice on the roads.

The former neighbors aren't really into the whole driveway shoveling thing, so I have to gingerly manuever the bike around in the driveway to get it facing the rght way for when I leave. Since the SO is there before me I back in close to her in case somebody needs to take off for chips or beer or something. As it turns out, I'm a bit too close - and I don't think far enough ahead.

A month or two ago the SO told me she needed new windshield wipers. I found the ones for her windshield okay, but the rear window is a weird size & not easy to find. "Not easy to find" means I only looked one place and they didn't have it in stock. Naturally, now she has a little trouble seeing what's behind her when she has to take off an hour or so earlier than me.

Meanwhile, me and the former neighbor are smoking a little of what he gave me for Christmas (cigars). He make his usual joke about not seeing the bike behind the car, hahaha. Then I says to myself, "Self, you should see if she's having any trouble getting around that bike - you did park pretty close to her." So I got up and looked out the window and said, "Hmmm, my bike is presenting the most unusual profile right now." and went outside to find the KLR lying on it's side.

The SO is frantic, she can't believe she's just knocked down my bike. After I get it righted & give it a quick look over I reassure her. The bash bars did exactly as they were intended -they took the brunt of the impact and now have a respectable patina. Later, when I get ready to leave, I find the right side mirror has been knocked loose. I fiddled with it a bit before disassembling it and stuffing it in the tank bag for the trip home - it wasn't too difficult to fix once home.

The ride home was stunning. Years ago, my first fog ride was no fun - riding from midtown to work in Lee's Summit one morning. I guess I didn't really know how to handle it. Now it's no big deal - I owe a lot of that to this whole community! This night it's gorgeous! Dense fog, lights illuminating bits & pieces. I've learned now that it's easy to just brush your fingers over the visor to condense the fog drops into something more manageable. A couple times I wished I'd had a camera handy, but I don't really think you can capture something like that.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #7208
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,514
Greg:

Jerry Wilson makes these down here, hell of a nice guy.
1/2 of a GM 350 v-8

That's a tunable Supertrapp on the loud end. Of course, he made the car and anything unique to it. It's a tiny little thing. Sounds great, revs quick also.

Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #7209
2whelman
addict

Oddometer: 641
[quote=Martian]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whelman

I'm not sure about replacing it anytime soon as I'm contemplating a lifestyle change. I'm thinking about fixing up my little sailboat and going back onto the water for awhile. The SO's not too happy with me right now for some reason, and I'm exploring options.

Whoever gets it is going to be getting a great bike! I've spent the last year upgrading everything that is known to fail. This Winter, I did the steering bearings, fork seals, final drive and swingarm bearings, and brake pads. Last Winter, it was the transmission, driveshaft, and cables.

Tom
The move back to the water sounds good. Its something I always wanted to do when I was young, but never got around to making happen. Your stories last summer renewed those thoughts, but, I know its not gonna happen for me now. Maybe on a bike though.

Your bike would have been snatched by me already if I wouldnt have picked mine up. I'm doing the same "go through" and about another hundred other things to make those gravel/dirt trips a little more enjoyable. You ought to be able to move it pretty quick.
2whelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #7210
Martian
Beastly Adventurer

[quote=2whelman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian

The move back to the water sounds good. Its something I always wanted to do when I was young, but never got around to making happen. Your stories last summer renewed those thoughts, but, I know its not gonna happen for me now. Maybe on a bike though.

Your bike would have been snatched by me already if I wouldnt have picked mine up. I'm doing the same "go through" and about another hundred other things to make those gravel/dirt trips a little more enjoyable. You ought to be able to move it pretty quick.
Timing is everything, isn't it?

Tom
'93 R100GSPD(sold)
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #7211
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Tap, tap,....... is this thing on ?

Been home all week with a wicked sinus infection and now an ear infection.

Is winter over yet ?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #7212
Willis24
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRyder

Been home all week with a wicked sinus infection and now an ear infection.
I'll do my part and pray for you, but you gotta do your part and quit hangin' out in bad air.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #7213
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis24
I'll do my part and pray for you, but you gotta do your part and quit hangin' out in bad air.

Probably didn't help any.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #7214
Martian
Beastly Adventurer

Had I known you were ill, I would have enthralled you with tales of my work on the bike and how my SO wants me "out of the house" and my thoughts on wether I go sailing or just move into my treehouse in Elmdale and keep the bike or a thousand other questions an d thoughts going through my head right now. Damn!

Hope you're better.

Tom
'93 R100GSPD(sold)
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #7215
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,199
[quote=Martian]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whelman

Tom
Must be contagious amongst the wemens even crossed the state line.
my cabin fever makes em all just plain silly acting. hope she doesnt read this.
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote