Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #2341
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 65,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
let us go man....season's over....enough grave dancing.
I'm happy to let you guys go - once you shut the fuck up.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:26 AM   #2342
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa

I'll shut the fuck up -the second I don't have to hear another freaking Sox fan wasting valuable World Series celebration breath on the Yankees.

We've been out ot the picture for weeks, let go already....

1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 AM   #2343
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 65,013
Quote:
I'll shut the fuck up -the second I don't have to hear another freaking Sox fan wasting valuable World Series celebration breath on the Yankees.

We've been out ot the picture for weeks, let go already....

Yankees carefactor = 0.

Yankees noise in the Red Sox Nation thread carefactor = 100.

Now and root for the Jets or something, will ya? Sheesh.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #2344
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Go and enjoy! We are just the voices in your head now. I will say that at least this celecbration I didn't see any signs mentioning the Yankees, so that was a major improvement. I even found Paplebon's dancing milidly entertaining--although not for the quality of his moves.
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 AM   #2345
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Yankees carefactor = 0.

"Nation"

Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 AM   #2346
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Yankees carefactor = 0.

Go Giants!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #2347
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
"You hang up first!"

"No, you hang up first!"

Geeze, you lovebirds...
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #2348
Clint
Who dat?

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
Nobody in this "Red Sox Nation" thread would be saying anything about the Yankees if you and Gman weren't flappin' yer lips. Why are you wasting your time here anyway? Jeezus, the 3rd post back in April was you jawing about the fucking Yankees!
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #2349
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
I don't know that the Red Sox will be looked upon as the Yankees have been. John Henry is certainly no George Steinbrenner and Boston certainly has a different image than New York City, thank goodness. So long as the Yankees maintain the highest payroll in baseball, they'll continue to be looked upon as "The Evil Empire" by most.

I'm sure not going to try to portray the Sox, as someone said earlier, as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in terms of payroll. Ours is second only to New York's and likely will be again in 2008 unless the Yanks dump a bunch of high priced talent and we sign A-Rod for some ridiculous number (to play short NEXT TO Lowell at third, of course).

Honestly, I've only encountered one person (other than Yankee fans) who genuinely hated the Red Sox. This was two or three years ago and he was, ironically, a Cleveland Indians fan.

Certainly, Red Sox Nation hates the Yankees, but hatred of the Yankees is nearly universal among non-Yankee fans. People just don't feel that way about Boston.

Just my $.02...

GO RED SOX!

Gary --not picking on the Sox here so read it just as it is written--when you win 3 championships in 87 years, it is hard to be disiked. Go any where in the U.S. and you talk about the Cubs and people will tell you how they are loveable losers. The Sox are no longer the underdogs of baseball--you kill a few demons and you get a new title. This weekend I was talking to the guy that coached my sons baseball team and he was downright adamant about his dislike of the Red Sox--in Chicago that kind of talk is usually limited to the White Sox's from Cubs fans. It was interesteting to me and new so I asked him and he said he didn't want the Sox to win because he did not like their players. I think you will see more of that. Is it objective or reality based--probably not, but as a lifelong Yankee fan I know where it comes from. Laker fans could probably tell you the same thing and I am sure fans of the Patriots or Cowboys would understand it as familiar. As to being the Evil Empire--I hope the Yankees never lose that.

As to the cities, you can have Boston. I have spent plenty of time there and there are times when I actually like it, but it is not New York. New York is the greatest city on earth.

The difference in payrolls is insignificant and will diminish, John Henry has shown that he is willing to pay up for talent and that, oh by the way, it actually works.

As for A-Rod, you can have him. If you think that, after the behavior of the last day, he is worth it he is yours. May he do for you what he did for us.

The transfomation of the Yankees has already begun. The choice of Gerardi over Mattingly was very significant.
I think you make an excellent point about the perceptions people have. It'll be interesting to watch over the next year or so, especially if we have a good year next season as well. Not that I'm predicting this, but if we were to win it all again making it three times in five years, I'm sure I'd start to see some backlash.

Admittedly, it's difficult for me to look at my beloved Red Sox objectively. I'm so deeply, profoundly invested and have been for over forty years. That said, I honestly do try to be fair. In that mode, I'll be the first to say that I'm not in any way seeing any of this as marking the demise of the Yankees. It's a great franchise with solid players under contract, a surprisingly (to me) good group in their farm system and a bigger purse for free agents than anyone around.

The only thing that would surprise me next year would be for another AL East team to be one of the top two in that division. That would have one of us not there, and I just don't see that happening.

As to A-Rod, he's an unquestioned talent but for whatever reason manages to engender negative feelings even when he's playing great, etc., and I can't quite figure it out. From what I hear and read, he's not even particularly well liked in the locker room. I don't know why.

As to the timing of the opt out, etc., I'll give A-Rod the benefit of the doubt on that one and blame Boros until proven otherwise. Regardless, I don't think he'll be in the AL East next season. He may even end up back with Torre. who knows?

As to the choice of Girardi over Mattingly, I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you refer to the significance there, though I have an idea. Personally, I was a little disappointed for Mattingly as I felt he'd put in the time and shown the loyalty to the pinstripes to be moved to the end of the bench but I guess it was not to be.

To be fair, I kind of liked the idea of another Hoosier managing a contending MLB team. Mattingly is a graduate of Evansville (IN) Reitz Memorial HS while Cleveland's Rick Wedge is a graduate of Fort Wayne (IN) Northrop HS.

On a side note, Mattingly is one of the Indiana HS grads to go on to be named MVP in their sport. Can you name two others in two of the other three major US sports (NBA, NFL, NHL)?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #2350
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
I think you make an excellent point about the perceptions people have. It'll be interesting to watch over the next year or so, especially if we have a good year next season as well. Not that I'm predicting this, but if we were to win it all again making it three times in five years, I'm sure I'd start to see some backlash.

Admittedly, it's difficult for me to look at my beloved Red Sox objectively. I'm so deeply, profoundly invested and have been for over forty years. That said, I honestly do try to be fair. In that mode, I'll be the first to say that I'm not in any way seeing any of this as marking the demise of the Yankees. It's a great franchise with solid players under contract, a surprisingly (to me) good group in their farm system and a bigger purse for free agents than anyone around.

The only thing that would surprise me next year would be for another AL East team to be one of the top two in that division. That would have one of us not there, and I just don't see that happening.

As to A-Rod, he's an unquestioned talent but for whatever reason manages to engender negative feelings even when he's playing great, etc., and I can't quite figure it out. From what I hear and read, he's not even particularly well liked in the locker room. I don't know why.

As to the timing of the opt out, etc., I'll give A-Rod the benefit of the doubt on that one and blame Boros until proven otherwise. Regardless, I don't think he'll be in the AL East next season. He may even end up back with Torre. who knows?

As to the choice of Girardi over Mattingly, I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you refer to the significance there, though I have an idea. Personally, I was a little disappointed for Mattingly as I felt he'd put in the time and shown the loyalty to the pinstripes to be moved to the end of the bench but I guess it was not to be.

To be fair, I kind of liked the idea of another Hoosier managing a contending MLB team. Mattingly is a graduate of Evansville (IN) Reitz Memorial HS while Cleveland's Rick Wedge is a graduate of Fort Wayne (IN) Northrop HS.

On a side note, Mattingly is one of the Indiana HS grads to go on to be named MVP in their sport. Can you name two others in two of the other three major US sports (NBA, NFL, NHL)?
First, within the context of a rabid fan, I see the fairness in what you write and that always comes out. I have always admired the Sox fans for their passion. Believe it or not, that passion is there with all true Yankee fans--and they are everywhere.

I know the Sox will be very good next year. I do believe, though, that Schilling won't be there and the loss of Schilling will be more meaningful to the Sox than the loss of A-Rod to the Yankees. I actually think there is a good chance we could be better without him. Just like the Gagne trade some scoops aren't really scoops.

Girardi was my first choice, I wanted the Yankees to make that move a year ago. The Yankees one the string of world series championships with Girardi, O'Neill and a group of very agressive players. The Yankees needed the calming influence of Torre. Now they need a little fire and they will get that with Girardi. No knock on Mattingly, a great Yankee, but they need something different right now.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #2351
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...

Oddometer: 5,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man17
Go and enjoy! We are just the voices in your head now. I will say that at least this celecbration I didn't see any signs mentioning the Yankees, so that was a major improvement. I even found Paplebon's dancing milidly entertaining--although not for the quality of his moves.
Guess you missed the rousing versions of that old favorite "Yankees Suck" that broke out at Coors field two or three times during the post game celebrations. Talk about needing-to-get-a-life and shutting-the-fuck-up already!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #2352
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Nobody in this "Red Sox Nation" thread would be saying anything about the Yankees if you and Gman weren't flappin' yer lips. Why are you wasting your time here anyway? Jeezus, the 3rd post back in April was you jawing about the fucking Yankees!

PUH-FUCKING-LEASE....

If the Yanks went to the WS, there'd probably be more than just a handful of sox fans adding their 2 cents to a Yankee (we'd hopefuly never call ourselves "nation" ) thread.....

So stop yer crying (there's no crying in baseball), start your celebrating, enjoy your win, and forget about your overachieving brothers just south of ya.

capiche
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #2353
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol
"You hang up first!"

"No, you hang up first!"

Geeze, you lovebirds...

Hey E, I went to that hot food joint right next door to Bukowski's last night, the one Matt talked about.

insance hot, had to sign a waiver for certain dishes..
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #2354
Clint
Who dat?

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
PUH-FUCKING-LEASE....

If the Yanks went to the WS, there'd probably be more than just a handful of sox fans adding their 2 cents to a Yankee
But they didn't so you're just guessing to rationalize your trolling.

Quote:
So stop yer crying (there's no crying in baseball), start your celebrating, enjoy your win, and forget about your overachieving brothers just south of ya.
Overachieving? Huh? Just south of us? The Pawtucket Red Sox are fun to watch, but they didn't do all that well.
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #2355
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
But they didn't so you're just guessing to rationalize your trolling.

Overachieving? Huh? Just south of us? The Pawtucket Red Sox are fun to watch, but they didn't do all that well.

you have a rich fantasy life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: