ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #226
Chacifer OP
sui generis
 
Chacifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Rogue Island
Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7543
That's the difference between Sox and Yankee fans.
The other difference is that we started a thread to talk about our team, and the Yankee fans, instead of making their own thread, keep trying to get in on our party. Go figure.
__________________
Chace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #227
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some
 
Ray of Sunshine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: 42deg 40' 3"N 73deg 46' 54"W
Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacifer
The other difference is that we started a thread to talk about our team, and the Yankee fans, instead of making their own thread, keep trying to get in on our party. Go figure.
It is the total inadequacy of the Yanker fan in intellect and moral fiber. They only feel safe in large numbers and when being obnoxious.
__________________
For the love of Baldy, would someone please buy my bikes?

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #228
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...
 
LongWays's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
Oddometer: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacifer
The other difference is that we started a thread to talk about our team, and the Yankee fans, instead of making their own thread, keep trying to make our party better. Go figure.
__________________
If you don't like my sig line - don't read it.
LongWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #229
sweetfeed
Boxher
 
sweetfeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Back home
Oddometer: 1,369
Just found this thread....what a treat! Red Sox are trouncing the Yankees in the 9th...should be another win. I'm in North Carolina and no one here gets what it is to be a Sox fan (or a baseball fan), so I welcome the opportunity to share some of the passion with fellow inmates.

Just want to pass on a little tidbit that happened to me last January. I was in Boston visiting a friend, and we went to Fenway so I could get some sweatshirts and stuff. I had never taken the official tour of the park, and while we were in one of the luxery boxes, my friend noticed a stack of real Red Sox plates next to a ketchup dispenser, white china with a fine red baseball "lacing" around the rim and the two sox logo at the top. Really sweet plates and I wanted one! I figured I'd ask the guide instead of out and out stealling. His response: "Miss, they pay me $7.00 an hour. I don't care what you do." So, I took all five and stuffed 'em in my bag. They are now a proud addition to my dish collection.!
sweetfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #230
Chacifer OP
sui generis
 
Chacifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Rogue Island
Oddometer: 6,663
GO SOX!
__________________
Chace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #231
Dukeryder
 
Dukeryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Pinewood Springs, Co
Oddometer: 7,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeed
Just found this thread....what a treat! Red Sox are trouncing the Yankees in the 9th...should be another win. I'm in North Carolina and no one here gets what it is to be a Sox fan (or a baseball fan), so I welcome the opportunity to share some of the passion with fellow inmates.
They just need to stick to Neckcar down there!

-Go Sox!!!!
(Born into it!!!)
__________________


Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 AM   #232
dugmar
Pinball Wizard
 
dugmar's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Newburyport, MA
Oddometer: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7543
We don't panic in April, because we know you always choke in the fall.


Always? How soon we forget. I'll remind you. The New York Yankees are the biggest chokers in the history of professional sports, and it happened in the Fall.
dugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 AM   #233
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some
 
Ray of Sunshine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: 42deg 40' 3"N 73deg 46' 54"W
Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugmar
Always? How soon we forget. I'll remind you. The New York Yankees are the biggest chokers in the history of professional sports, and it happened in the Fall.
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Just feel the love in this thread. Yankees Suck!
__________________
For the love of Baldy, would someone please buy my bikes?

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #234
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider
 
Gary in Indiana's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Oddometer: 580
I rode all day yesterday and didn't even get the score until after midnight. Talk about a perfect end to a perfect day!

Checking the standings today, I noticed that the Sox are not only leading the AL East, but also have the best record in all of baseball right now at 16
wins with only 8 losses.
Gary in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #235
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 65,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
I rode all day yesterday and didn't even get the score until after midnight. Talk about a perfect end to a perfect day!

Checking the standings today, I noticed that the Sox are not only leading the AL East, but also have the best record in all of baseball right now at 16
wins with only 8 losses.

I believe NY is now in last place, behind the Devil Rays.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #236
Augie
Nincompoop
 
Augie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Boston
Oddometer: 27,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
I believe NY is now in last place, behind the Devil Rays.

It's bad enough that they are behind the SUX but the D rays as well.
__________________
Courtesy of Ichthy;
I so clearly take for granted the peace that exists in my own head.
I wish that peace was contagious.
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #237
VespaFitz
No-good-son-of-a-bitch
 
VespaFitz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: BooBerry Holler
Oddometer: 41,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie

It's bad enough that they are behind the SUX but the D rays as well.
If they don't win this week, they'll fall behind the Billerica Knights of Columbus softball team.
__________________
My other car was crushed by the Feds

AKA "Ham Steak" - Bumfucked Hillbillies MC
VespaFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #238
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 65,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaFitz
If they don't win this week, they'll fall behind the Billerica Knights of Columbus softball team.


__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #239
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some
 
Ray of Sunshine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: 42deg 40' 3"N 73deg 46' 54"W
Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaFitz
If they don't win this week, they'll fall behind the Billerica Knights of Columbus softball team.
One can only hope they get relegated, down to AAA and Pawtucket takes their place.
__________________
For the love of Baldy, would someone please buy my bikes?

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #240
Augie
Nincompoop
 
Augie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Boston
Oddometer: 27,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaFitz
If they don't win this week, they'll fall behind the Billerica Knights of Columbus softball team.
Now that's hittin below the belt.
__________________
Courtesy of Ichthy;
I so clearly take for granted the peace that exists in my own head.
I wish that peace was contagious.
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014