Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #2462
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie
buh Bye!
Yeah but can you believe the money he got on this deal. What is it about Gagne that people think he is worth 9.9 million more than he should be paid. Why didn't my mom tell me to become a relief pitcher.
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #2463
flanga
Delusions of Adequacy

Oddometer: 2,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man17
What is it about Gagne that people think he is worth 9.9 million more.
He's a great reliever. Red Sox Nation is feeling GREAT relief now that he's gone.

fredlanga.blogspot.com
flanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #2464
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanga
He's a great reliever. Red Sox Nation is feeling GREAT relief now that he's gone.
I sure do. Now I just have to get the image of him getting a Sox World Series ring and the image of him on the roster when Lester and Buchholz weren't out of my mind.

We actually offered Gagne arbitration! What the hell drug was someone on to do that? Thank gawd he didn't accept or we'd have had to relive that nightmare.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #2465
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,140
I was happy to see Gagne come into any came he came in as a Red Sox this year. But I am curious, do you all think he is done? Was/is it something psychological or did he forget how to pitch or lost his physical ability?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #2466
Thraan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 29,700
How much longer are you mandated to be a RedSox fan Rich?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #2467
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraan
How much longer are you mandated to be a RedSox fan Rich?
You know I could change it now, but maybe 12/31. The initial bet said I would keep it until 12/31. Then when I challenged more than one to join I said 60 days a person. Dr. Horrible was the only real challenger so I guess I could change it now since the 9th was 60 days, but I won't change it until the 31st unless he says otherwise.
I make a bet, i pay a bet.
I do have one thing to say
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #2468
Thraan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 29,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
You know I could change it now, but maybe 12/31. The initial bet said I would keep it until 12/31. Then when I challenged more than one to join I said 60 days a person. Dr. Horrible was the only real challenger so I guess I could change it now since the 9th was 60 days, but I won't change it until the 31st unless he says otherwise.
Haha! looking forward to the new year then!

Wanna take a bet on the opening spring training game?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #2469
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,200
Quote:
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #2470
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraan
Haha! looking forward to the new year then!

Wanna take a bet on the opening spring training game?
Who cares about spring training? As of now I don't think either team has helped themselves to much in the off season in terms of additions. On paper I still think the Yankees are a better team and if our young pitchers look halfway decent and we don't have have a a few dozen starting pitchers due to injuries we are the better team and will take out place on the top of the AL East again.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #2471
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,612
Quote:
Nothing but class
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #2472
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error
Nothing but class
This is why I am not a Red Sox fan I have class

Old 12-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #2473
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
I sure do. Now I just have to get the image of him getting a Sox World Series ring and the image of him on the roster when Lester and Buchholz weren't out of my mind.

We actually offered Gagne arbitration! What the hell drug was someone on to do that? Thank gawd he didn't accept or we'd have had to relive that nightmare.
I believe the purpose to offering Gagne arbirtration was to take advantage of the draft pick rule. According to the rules, once Gagne turns down arbirtation, whoever signs Gagne (the Brewers here) have to give the Sox a draft pick. Without the offer of arb--they just lose him to free agency. (I know not much of a loss.)
Old 12-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #2474
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Who cares about spring training? As of now I don't think either team has helped themselves to much in the off season in terms of additions. On paper I still think the Yankees are a better team and if our young pitchers look halfway decent and we don't have have a a few dozen starting pitchers due to injuries we are the better team and will take out place on the top of the AL East again.
Rich I agree with you. Despite the results, I believe the Yankees were a better team this year. I believe that Torre mismanaged the team which caused them to go out in the first round. (Lot's of bad decisions--but we can start with using Chieng Meng as the anchor instead of Pettite.) I hope the young guns pan out, I believe it is the way to go. With that said, I believe you have to say Boston is the front runner because they did win.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #2475
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,200
Quote:
This is why I am not a Red Sox fan I have class
I thought you had such class because you are a Yankee Fan who isn't a New Yorker.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: