All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,086
The IMPERFECT SEASON!!!

18-1!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #2552
Hooksta
Hook

Oddometer: 1,944
New York always finds away to piss in Boston's Cheerios.
Hooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #2553
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooksta
New York always finds away to piss in Boston's Cheerios.
I'm a Steeler fan actually. I just am glad to see a few Sox fans that might be Pats fans cry
Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #2554
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532

GO GIANTS!!!!

Make it 18-1!!!

[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #2555
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Oddometer: 580
I'm such a big football fan that I didn't even have the TV on today. I read online that NYG won. Congrats to them.

Here are my thoughts on it, for whatever they might be worth to anyone reading them. With all of the allegations of cheating levelled against the Patriots, I'm not terribly disappointed that NY won this game. I'd rather see no title than a tainted one, and that's exactly what I think this one would have been.

I was also happy to see back-to-back Manning QB'ed Super Bowl champions. That has kind of a neat aspect to it.

To me, the worst part of this is that those old farts from the '72 Dolphins are celebrating tonight. They played the weakest schedule of any Super Bowl winner in history and to hear them today you'd think they were football gods. Just the idea that they root against anyone going undefeated makes me sick. They show no class at all.

Only 65 days until the opening game of the 2008 baseball season and the Red Sox quest to repeat. I'd rather watch spring training baseball than the Super Bowl any day. I already have my plans to go to Detroit to see the Sox play there in May and to go to Chicago to see Boston play the White Sox in August.

GO RED SOX!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #2556
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Ok back to are regularly schedules off topic chat.
So Clemens spoke to congressional lawyers under oath and he said he denied using steroids to them. After seeing what can happen if caught lying under oath do we still think he is lying?
I see it as he is telling the truth, he is too stupid to realize the magnitude of lying, or he is so cocky he thinks he is above the law. If I had to vote I would say it is the first one.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #2557
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man17
Just read the posts from the Red Sox fans. Clemens doesn't talk about it--proves he's guilty. Clemens does talk about it--proves he's guilty. Clemens goes on 60 Min.--proves he's guilty. Clemens agrees to testify before Congress--proves he's guilty. Clemens holds a press confeence--proves he's guilty. I get it. You can't stand the fact that he won his rings with the Yankees. Get over yourselves.
That is funny and pretty lame too.

I have been a rocket fan for a long time. I happen to still be a fan of the rocket and I wished him the best as a Yankee.

I am very diasapointed and some of the shine is of off my fandom for Roger.

But hey now that I am north of 40 I root for any pro working to extend their "season". I would be much happier if they could do it without HGH.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #2558
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
I'm such a big football fan that I didn't even have the TV on today. I read online that NYG won. Congrats to them.

Here are my thoughts on it, for whatever they might be worth to anyone reading them. With all of the allegations of cheating levelled against the Patriots, I'm not terribly disappointed that NY won this game. I'd rather see no title than a tainted one, and that's exactly what I think this one would have been.

I was also happy to see back-to-back Manning QB'ed Super Bowl champions. That has kind of a neat aspect to it.

To me, the worst part of this is that those old farts from the '72 Dolphins are celebrating tonight. They played the weakest schedule of any Super Bowl winner in history and to hear them today you'd think they were football gods. Just the idea that they root against anyone going undefeated makes me sick. They show no class at all.

Only 65 days until the opening game of the 2008 baseball season and the Red Sox quest to repeat. I'd rather watch spring training baseball than the Super Bowl any day. I already have my plans to go to Detroit to see the Sox play there in May and to go to Chicago to see Boston play the White Sox in August.

GO RED SOX!
+1.

Fuck Shula and his sansabelt slacks.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #2559
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Eight weeks until opening day!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #2560
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
Ok back to are regularly schedules off topic chat.
So Clemens spoke to congressional lawyers under oath and he said he denied using steroids to them. After seeing what can happen if caught lying under oath, do we still think he is lying?

I see it as (either) he is telling the truth, he is too stupid to realize the magnitude of lying, or he is so cocky he thinks he is above the law. If I had to vote I would say it is the first one.
In my mind, it's either the first (he's telling the truth) or the last (he's gotten such a big head [sorry for that Bonds-ian reference] and is so cocky that he thinks that he's above the law [or, more likely, that he simply won't get caught]).

I really want to believe it's the first but I keep coming back to the last and hoping I'm wrong. Thursday his former trainer, Brian McNamee, is set to be deposed.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes out of this hearing when it finally occurs. I'm thinking that it'll probably be nothing and we'll know no more then than we do now.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #2561
Dr. Horrible
easy to make

Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
In my mind, it's either the first (he's telling the truth) or the last (he's gotten such a big head [sorry for that Bonds-ian reference] and is so cocky that he thinks that he's above the law [or, more likely, that he simply won't get caught])...

...It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes out of this hearing when it finally occurs. I'm thinking that it'll probably be nothing and we'll know no more then than we do now.
Roger Clemens is connected, rich, and heavily lawyered up. Brian McNamee is a fucking schlub. These two facts alone put Rocket on the mound with a 10-0 lead in the 9th. Whatever comes out of these hearings will be less than the whole truth, in my opinion.
Dr. Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #2562
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,459
Just reported: Schilling possibly out for the year with shoulder problems!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #2563
Chacifer OP
sui generis

Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala
Just reported: Schilling possibly out for the year with shoulder problems!
I just saw that... wow. But, on the other hand, it might be for the best... towards the end of the season especially his performance was less than confidence-inspiring. Yes, he knows the game, he's got the hitters figured out, but I think his body is beginning to retaliate against the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #2564
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacifer
I just saw that... wow. But, on the other hand, it might be for the best... towards the end of the season especially his performance was less than confidence-inspiring. Yes, he knows the game, he's got the hitters figured out, but I think his body is beginning to retaliate against the mind.
I just read his blog, http://38pitches.com/ and found it pretty interesting. He indicates that some of what has been reported is less than accurate and he ought to know.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #2565
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Free Neck Gaiter

Buell is giving away free neck gaitors at their dealerships. All you need to do is fill out the form and print out your voucher.

Check this out; http://www.experiencebuell.com/Default.aspx

Consider it my gift to all of you for all the fun I've had here in the last year. Never let it be said that I won't be generous with someone else's money.

All kidding aside, I have one of these with the Schampa label on it and it's the single best piece of winter riding gear I have. It makes a world of difference in cooler temps and high winds. Enjoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: