ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #316
Steeler7543
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Steeler7543's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Oddometer: 154
Did I touch a nerve? Truth hurts don't it?

What's the matter ladies did I touch a nerve. Sorry I reminded you of 100 years of chocking in the fall. I'm sure there are no "haters" in the Red Sox Nation. I visited Southbridge, MA recently. Talk about my parents being related. I think the family tree there resembles a telephone poll. Must admit loyal fans there, but very negative about the prognosis. It's called conditioning--huff that!
Steeler7543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #317
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"
 
Jabba's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 12,550
SCOREBOARD, Asshat.
__________________
"Everybody loves cunnilingus!" Chacifer

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #318
TroopFuel
Green Side Up
 
TroopFuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 673
I had to chime in to all you RSF's. I'm from Chicago and was born and raised on Cubs baseball. So another words I know what almost feels like quite well. My father was a sports agent for 35 years and I just ran across a picture of him with one of his favorite friends and clients and figured you might get a kick out of it. This is probably about 1 1/2 before he left us. He never had a shortage of fishing or flying stories. And if you wanted to talk baseball you'de better be prepared to spend about 8 hours listening. Amazing man that I felt very honored to have known.

My father and Ted
__________________
www.troopfuel.com
TroopFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #319
Steeler7543
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Steeler7543's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Oddometer: 154
Scoreboard?

We are in May and the Red Sox have a lead. You say you are a life long Sox fan. How many times have you seen that? You know how it goes. Oh, I forgot, once every hundred years the Sox actually win it. Maybe this is one of those years. I'll play the odds and wait for the collapse.
Steeler7543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #320
Chacifer OP
sui generis
 
Chacifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Rogue Island
Oddometer: 6,663
and still there is no Yankee's thread because their fans prefer to hang out in the Red Sox thread. why is that? oh, that's right, because your team sucks right now. Whereas, even if the Red Sox were doing poorly at the moment, this thread would still exist because Red Sox fans actually care about their team and the baseball and aren't a bunch of glory-whores.
__________________
Chace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #321
Chacifer OP
sui generis
 
Chacifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Rogue Island
Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTJUMP
My father and Ted
that is awesome!
__________________
Chace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #322
Steeler7543
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Steeler7543's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Oddometer: 154
Yankee fans in the thread

Where else can you argue with people who are already half defeated. It's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Not much challenge, but amusing nontheless. If only the Yankees would stay out of our thread. Just think, if only the Yankees weren't in baseball, we might have won more titles. Fact is, we are here, like it or not.
Steeler7543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #323
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"
 
Jabba's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 12,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTJUMP
I had to chime in to all you RSF's. I'm from Chicago and was born and raised on Cubs baseball. So another words I know what almost feels like quite well. My father was a sports agent for 35 years and I just ran across a picture of him with one of his favorite friends and clients and figured you might get a kick out of it. This is probably about 1 1/2 before he left us. He never had a shortage of fishing or flying stories. And if you wanted to talk baseball you'de better be prepared to spend about 8 hours listening. Amazing man that I felt very honored to have known.

My father and Ted

I gotta tell ya- I'm a born and raised Sox fan, and flyfisherman. Been doing both my entire life. I've never gotten Ted Williams. Never got him as a player- I realize how great he was, just don't relate to his shit attitude... and I never got him as a flyfisherman. He's regarded among the very elite in both sports- yet I can't really say I'm a fan. Not even a little bit. Watching him throw a fly on some of the films that are out there, it's hard to believe that he was ever as great as many of the sport's luminaries would have you believe. His casting was sloppy and his streamcraft was never all that impressive. His attitude was always suspect, too. I just don't get the guy~ What the hell did he have to be so pissy about all the damned time? Sure, he started out a pretty poor kid in San Diego (waaaa!), but that was decades ago. Seemed like he always had a major chip on his shoulder, and that's just a shame. Guy should be my idol, given the things he loved... but I can hardly stomach him. Anybody else feel as though Williams was a huge let down? Guy seems to be a complete pariah to me~
__________________
"Everybody loves cunnilingus!" Chacifer

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #324
TroopFuel
Green Side Up
 
TroopFuel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I gotta tell ya- I'm a born and raised Sox fan, and flyfisherman. Been doing both my entire life. I've never gotten Ted Williams. Never got him as a player- I realize how great he was, just don't relate to his shit attitude... and I never got him as a flyfisherman. He's regarded among the very elite in both sports- yet I can't really say I'm a fan. Not even a little bit. Watching him throw a fly on some of the films that are out there, it's hard to believe that he was ever as great as many of the sport's luminaries would have you believe. His casting was sloppy and his streamcraft was never all that impressive. His attitude was always suspect, too. I just don't get the guy~ What the hell did he have to be so pissy about all the damned time? Sure, he started out a pretty poor kid in San Diego (waaaa!), but that was decades ago. Seemed like he always had a major chip on his shoulder, and that's just a shame. Guy should be my idol, given the things he loved... but I can hardly stomach him. Anybody else feel as though Williams was a huge let down? Guy seems to be a complete pariah to me~

If you knew his private persona you might think differently. Granted viewing his public personality one might have got the impression that he was a complainer. But I can tell you his personality was that of a stern, confident, passionate individual. He crashed a plane rather then ejecting because he was worried his knees would get destroyed and he wouldn't be able to play baseball if he did so. Everything he did, he did with passion. I believe he was greatly misunderstood and often felt like he was being attacked. I really wish people could have seen the real Ted Williams when he was around those he trusted. A completely different man. Would do anything for a friend.
__________________
www.troopfuel.com
TroopFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #325
Dr. Horrible
easy to make
 
Dr. Horrible's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Hamilton, MA
Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTJUMP
Seemed
Why do you hate cryogenics?
Dr. Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #326
Trixie
No, not that Trixie
 
Trixie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Central MA
Oddometer: 3,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7543
We are in May and the Red Sox have a lead. You say you are a life long Sox fan. How many times have you seen that? You know how it goes. Oh, I forgot, once every hundred years the Sox actually win it. Maybe this is one of those years. I'll play the odds and wait for the collapse.
Then why don't you go start your own Yankmees worship thread, fuckstick, and go away. I'm sure we will all lurk "when the collapse comes" to watch you in your glory.

This isn't a yankee hating thread. Go away. It's a Redsox fan thread.

Otherwise ,


Hugs and kisses,

Trix
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything- Einstein

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #327
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 17,977
Did you guys notice that when the Sox were down playing at Yankee stadium, the Yankee fans would all leave if their team wasn't doing well? Empty seats everywhere that were full earlier. What does that say?
__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #328
tengai
*
 
tengai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Caro, MI
Oddometer: 4,125
Chace,

I'm glad your Red Sox are doing well so far this year. I see that my Tigers are going to be in your town for a four game series starting next Monday.

We're 19-11 as of right now, so I won't be making any bets with you just yet.

If we take two of the four I'll be happy.
tengai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #329
Trixie
No, not that Trixie
 
Trixie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Central MA
Oddometer: 3,485
how 'bout we give you one of the four, and a trip back to DTW?
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything- Einstein

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #330
tengai
*
 
tengai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Caro, MI
Oddometer: 4,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie
how 'bout we give you one of the four, and a trip back to DTW?
No deal, we just lost one of our relievers - Zumaya out for 15 days. I'm shooting for two wins.
tengai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014