Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #826
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacifer
I believe Don Orsillo mentioned last night that the Red Sox have their best record all season right now. We're something like 26 games over .500 now.
In terms of "games over .500," maybe. In terms of winning percentage, no way.

We're floating around .600, give or take, now and were actually at and even above .700 early in the season (forty games in or so) and even later than that.

Still, regardless of all the other stats, I'll still take a six game lead at the three-quarter pole here.

GO SOX!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #827
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Indiana
In terms of "games over .500," maybe. In terms of winning percentage, no way.

We're floating around .600, give or take, now and were actually at and even above .700 early in the season (forty games in or so) and even later than that.

Still, regardless of all the other stats, I'll still take a six game lead at the three-quarter pole here.

GO SOX!
Angels will eliminate the Sox and your pals the Yanks.......(Been watching lately).

Root Now. It'll all be over soon.
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #828
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

I'm sure rooting for the Angels tonight. Their eighteen runs looked real impressive last night until Texas hung THIRTY on Baltimore.

Since we couldn't muster more than a single run off of nine hits tonight, an Angels win would keep our lead at six games. The one bit of good news for the Sox tonight is that our pitching was actually very good. Gagne saw only four batters in his inning of work, which I look upon as a good sign that maybe he's getting back in the form we saw when we traded for him. I certainly hope so.

GO SOX!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #829
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

As luck would seem to always have it for me, a Red Sox game that I would actually have been able to watch on TV tonight has been postponed until tomorrow because of rain. I'd consider riding up to Chicago tomorrow to try to catch the afternoon game but the weather report for tomorrow is much like tonight. I'll check the predictions and maps tomorrow morning and decide then.

GO RED SOX!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #830
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Oddometer: 3,486
Go Tigers!!

One more for the pinstripers to complete lose in DTW tomorrow, while we rest up for the rumble in the bronx.

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #831
Twisted
Happy as a ..............

Oddometer: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
Angels will eliminate the Sox and your pals the Yanks.......(Been watching lately).

Root Now. It'll all be over soon.
Go Angels!!

Fuck the BloSox.
Any man that can utter the words 'Big Papi' with admiration, is gay!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #832
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie
Go Tigers!!

One more for the pinstripers to complete lose in DTW tomorrow, while we rest up for the rumble in the bronx.

And rest those namby pamby's will need. Varitek, that pussy, was at again. Call for the bean and then refusing to take his mask off. He is even starting to give Bostonian's a bad name--and that takes f--ing work
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #833
Gary in Indiana
Big Bike Rider

Yesterday I rode my bike up to Chicago to see my beloved Red Sox play the White Sox at US Cellular Field and it was a perfect day for riding. I took 30 to 49 to the Toll Road/Skyway and got off at 35th St. right at the ballpark. Knowing how Chicago can be, I'd left at 10:00 for the 2:05 first pitch to allow for traffic and such. As it turned out I was actually in my seat less than three hours after I left Fort Wayne.

When I got there I just followed the car in front of me to a parking area. Once there, I was very pleased to have been offered directions around the stadium to a special parking area on a concrete apron just for bikes.

I somehow managed not only to get to park there, but to get to park there FREE! There was a line of parking attendants collecting parking fees and each motioned me forward to the next until I was at the guy in front. I stopped and told him that I was told to park on a "concrete apron" and he happily directed me to it and never asked me for a parking fee.

While it's 'possible' that there is no parking fee for bicycles or motorcycles at US Cellular Field, I think that it's more likely that the guy I asked about the concrete apron just assumed one of the others had already taken my money told me to park there and that I was just asking him for directions. I didn't even think about it until I got to that area and there was no one there collecting money. Instead of being out on the asphalt way away from the stadium, I was parked maybe 100 feet from the ticket window next to the entrance on the first base (Red Sox) side. Of course, I didn't feel too bad about not paying for parking when I paid $59 for my ticket.

I don't get the chance to do things like this all of the time so, when I do, I try to do it up right and got a seat behind home plate on the Red Sox side where there were more Boston fans than White Sox fans. Actually, I spoke with some of the ushers and emergency medical personnel there who told me that they believed the entire stadium was more Boston than Chicago fans and that at the rescheduled opener that was played Friday afternoon after a rain out Thursday it was probably at least 3:1 and more likely 4:1 Boston fans.

It was a great game wrapping up a great series to be a Red Sox fan. We could go into New York up eight games if the Tigers can help us out with win tonight.

I got to see Gagne pitch the eighth inning and was less than impressed. For those of you who only got to see his line score, I can tell you that he came very, very close to giving up a two run home run with no outs after a leadoff single. Gonzalez' fly out to right field would have been over the fence without the wind blowing in to keep it in play. After that, Gagne got a an infield groundout and a K to get out of the inning. Papelbon closed out the ninth in perfect fashion, striking out the side to the absolute delight of the Red Sox fans. We stayed until then end, of course. Most Chicago fans were long gone before that so it looked like a Fenway crowd.

GO RED SOX!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #834
Gypsy
YamaHo

Oddometer: 3,978
Quote:
Go Tigers!!

fuck cancer. ride bikes.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #835
Chacifer OP
sui generis

Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #836
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...

Oddometer: 5,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy

Anyone know where there is a Mariner's thread I can go crash?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #837
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWays

Anyone know where there is a Mariner's thread I can go crash?

Hey Longways,

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #838
Trixie
No, not that Trixie

Oddometer: 3,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine
Hey Longways,
Hey, let's stow it until we have some really good news with which to bait Schlongways . Being superstitious and all, I can't mention what that great news may be, but it may have something to do with certain activites in the bronx over the next three days.

Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #839
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...

Oddometer: 5,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine
Hey Longways,

Hey - I'm conceding. The Yankees did what they had to do (win games), after the All Star game, but then so did the Red Sox do what they had to do (hold on to the lead). The Red Sox always had the easier 2nd half schedule and with that early lead they should be in the position they are in now. The 6 games against each other coming up are certainly more important to the Yankees with respect to the Wild Card than to the Red Sox and the division standings, however I expect few if any of Boston's players will be given a break and hopefully we will see some great baseball. A preview of the ALCS maybe?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #840
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Hey, let's stow it until we have some really good news with which to bait Schlongways . Being superstitious and all, I can't mention what that great news may be, but it may have something to do with certain activites in the bronx over the next three days.

Aww, jeez. I just like flipping off Donguphisbuttways. The standing really don't enter into it. No, really. Well okay, just a little. But Donguphisbuttways, this is for you.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: