Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #1546
middy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQx

anyone know a good shrink?
I have a lump of 4x2 that may work however it never fully completed it's qualification's
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
middy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #1547
measureman
I do my own stunts.

Oddometer: 70
Some VERY IMPORTANT dates to keep free.

Some important dates in the Tasmanian motorcycling calendar have just been confirmed:

25 October 2008(Saturday) - Nth MRA Awareness Ride.
Heads off from Perth Roadhouse 11.00am. Note that this year we end up at Archer's Manor (not Inveresk). For those who missed it last year, there were lots and lots and lots and lots of bikes of all different shapes and sizes from all over in attendance, and we want more this year. Not just for shiny roadbikes - would be great to see lots more adventure/dual purpose/trailie types there.

6, 7, 8 March 2009 (Friday to Sunday) - TasRally 2009.
Need I say more. Probably not but I will anyway. Venue will be Harveydale (Westbury). Still nailing down the final details, but will be the usual camping, bands and good company. Odds on a few interesting bike antics. For those of you who have never been to one, well... I'm sorry. Next year you will have the chance to make your life more complete. These things are serious fun. Promise. Note that the preceeds of the event go to charity, so your headache will be in a good cause.
measureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #1548
ktmgeoff
Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman
Some important dates in the Tasmanian motorcycling calendar have just been confirmed:

25 October 2008(Saturday) - Nth MRA Awareness Ride.
Heads off from Perth Roadhouse 11.00am. Note that this year we end up at Archer's Manor (not Inveresk). For those who missed it last year, there were lots and lots and lots and lots of bikes of all different shapes and sizes from all over in attendance, and we want more this year. Not just for shiny roadbikes - would be great to see lots more adventure/dual purpose/trailie types there.

6, 7, 8 March 2009 (Friday to Sunday) - TasRally 2009.
Need I say more. Probably not but I will anyway. Venue will be Harveydale (Westbury). Still nailing down the final details, but will be the usual camping, bands and good company. Odds on a few interesting bike antics. For those of you who have never been to one, well... I'm sorry. Next year you will have the chance to make your life more complete. These things are serious fun. Promise. Note that the preceeds of the event go to charity, so your headache will be in a good cause.
Call me a pussy, wimp or whatever, (I'm not trying to rain on your parade,ie.Tas Rally)I've been to some...BUT I think I'm now too old to spend 3 days drinking, I'd rather go for a nice ride
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #1549
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmgeoff
Call me a pussy, wimp or whatever, (I'm not trying to rain on your parade,ie.Tas Rally)I've been to some...BUT I think I'm now too old to spend 3 days drinking, I'd rather go for a nice ride
+1
Old 08-26-2008, 03:10 AM   #1550
middy
Studly Adventurer

Bike flew through the inspection today

Now I have to get to service TAS for the plates and all's good

Oh and now I have to re-strip all the ADR crap off that I put back on to pass
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #1551
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Good work Middy.

Just finished my maintenance on the 525 tonight , geez 2-3 hours of work thats taken me 2 weeks.
Don't know where the time goes , err , yes I do , Kids.........

Anyway , valves done , water-pump seals done , ready to go.

Once we have had our overnighter , we will have to organize a light bikes day out.

Gota get you guys up to Mathinna on the light weight bikes.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #1552
NickiGS
09 F650

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromerette
well I am getting the sports bike urge...... much to Phils disgust
I have been looking and looking at sports bikes until my eyes are falling out (oh wait thats my contact lenses)

still keeping the strom hopefully, but on the lookout for a cheap older sportsbike for me to go off on my own to hoon around.

We are not heading off to QLD now so may be up for the Sep trip if its strom friendly

Tracey
Oh Trace, what am I gonna do? Can't have you leaving me by myself now !

So hopefully the sports urge isn't too great and the ol' faithful, loyal, fun-loving strom gets to stay in the family hehe !!

Hope things are going great with work? Matt and I are on the count down for our holidays...start early october, leaving for 2 week trip end october. woohoo ! Majority of parts etc should arrive this week so I can finally get this bike sorted....Been missing the rides

Big wave to everyone else , hope there's been plenty of fun riding.
NickiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #1553
Stromerette
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki
Oh Trace, what am I gonna do? Can't have you leaving me by myself now !

So hopefully the sports urge isn't too great and the ol' faithful, loyal, fun-loving strom gets to stay in the family hehe !!

Hope things are going great with work? Matt and I are on the count down for our holidays...start early october, leaving for 2 week trip end october. woohoo ! Majority of parts etc should arrive this week so I can finally get this bike sorted....Been missing the rides

Big wave to everyone else , hope there's been plenty of fun riding.
HAHA Nicki
the Strom is staying even if I get a sportsbike so dont worry, I wouldnt leave you to cope with all that Testosterone by yourself

Work is great thanks for asking, I am having a ball.

holidays where you going?

Tracey
Stromerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #1554
Bofwool
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Show Day Long Weekend

Show day long weekend, Mathinna or Henty Dunes? A mate and me have the 5 days off. Keen for a mission.
Bofwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #1555
middy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofwool
Show day long weekend, Mathinna or Henty Dunes? A mate and me have the 5 days off. Keen for a mission.
I'm planning on being in WA

1st holiday in 4 years
Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #1556
Bulla
Hey I gotta extra wh

Oddometer: 172
Port huon and Franklin look good, also Waratah.

When is the next rally after Scotts interlaken?

If its not to far away l may delay my trip until then as l am self employed, where changes arent difficult.

Westy
Bulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #1557
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulla
Port huon and Franklin look good, also Waratah.

When is the next rally after Scotts interlaken?

If its not to far away l may delay my trip until then as l am self employed, where changes arent difficult.

Howdy Westy,
Nothing really planned for the rest of september or beginning of October as yet , we're fairly random in organizing rides and things down here.

What dates did you have in mind for coming down?

Another good place to stay would be Weldborough , you can camp behind the pub on a great grassy area , and eat at the pub , if you so desire.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #1558
Bulla
Hey I gotta extra wh

l was hoping for the second half of sept but later is no probs as long as it doesnt clash with one l am going to in Vic.

second half of sept due to family overseas.

Westy
Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #1559
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Me personally , not doing a lot in late september as I'm going to the MotoGP at Phillip Island at the beginning of October.

I'm sure some of the other guys could prob organize something for late september tho.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #1560
Bulla
Hey I gotta extra wh

No stress a bit later then.

But hey if your coming over for the race ld be more than happy to ride to the isle with you guys.

Westy